Sponsored by:

E63S track tire pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 10:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG E63S
E63S track tire pressure

I had a question regarding the tire pressure. On the fuel door, the recommended pressure for 300 kph is 51 in the front and 43 in the rears. This seems insanely high since the max recommended pressure is 51 on the michelin PS4.

I took it out to the track and noticed the grip was poor, and then bled the tires down to 38 front and 35 rear (hot) and they performed much better. On the straight I was getting up to 240 kph. Worried about having the tires get damaged if too low, but these recommended pressures seem extremely high.

What should I do? I am heading out to the track in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:23 AM

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts
The horses are now in the barn, 2019 E63s
There's a good thread in the W205 C63s forum titled Thunderhill Track Day and the OP is a real knowledgeable track fanatic who addresses many issues related to a lengthy day spend on a race course. Tire pressure is one of those topics and the short answer to your question is "it depends". Heat raises the pressure so starting high is ill-advised if you're going to be out there for the afternoon. The happy medium is a moderate pressure with less performance initially until the tires warm up and a greater period of time at that level of performance. This is a synopsized version of the thread so it would behoove you to spend the time reviewing the it yourself.

Good luck and happy tracking.