Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E220D AMG
Exclamation Instrument cluster resets randomly

Hello,

I have a 2019 E Class w213
For the past 2-3 months I've noticed that the instrument cluster screen in between the speedometer and rev dial randomly goes black and turns back on with the rear seat belts screen as if it just reset.

I'm unable to recreate the issue as it's random.
I don't want to waste my time giving it to mercedes as they won't be able to fix anything unless they can see it happening.

Has anyone faced this issue or know what may be the cause of it?
I've not changed anything electronically in my car for this to happen, the car is as it came out the factory.

Thanks for your help.

The screen in between the 2 dials goes black and resets randomly.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,448 Likes on 2,085 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Your issue sounds similar to what someone else is facing in a different thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...stion-too.html
Old 05-30-2022, 07:19 PM

E300
Good evening all! This month I purchased a CPO 2019 E300 AMG Line vehicle from a MB Dealer with less than 16k miles on it and I'm have this EXACT issue. I have not been able to find any information for the issue, it's now happening each and every day randomly, I finally was able to safely record the issue in HD and here is the link for the video of the occurrence. I have contacted my MB dealer for a service call and this clearly and hopefully should be covered with out issue. I will follow this and the other thread for more information.

At any point in time, driving the car at any speed, in any driving mode, with any form of display on the center LCD screen, the screen will randomly go blank, shut off, restart and pick up where the vehicle left off, both while driving and sitting in park in a lot.

The illumination of the temp gauge, fuel level, and needles along with the center screen go completely dark for several seconds and seem to restart / reboot. This issue will continue to happen while driving sometimes several times randomly each day.

The other thing to note is at night the illumination of the center analog clock in the center of the dash also simultaneously goes out and relights. Hope this helps others.

Old 06-14-2022, 09:25 AM

E 300
Originally Posted by offthesetprops
Good evening all! This month I purchased a CPO 2019 E300 AMG Line vehicle from a MB Dealer with less than 16k miles on it and I'm have this EXACT issue. I have not been able to find any information for the issue, it's now happening each and every day randomly, I finally was able to safely record the issue in HD and here is the link for the video of the occurrence. I have contacted my MB dealer for a service call and this clearly and hopefully should be covered with out issue. I will follow this and the other thread for more information.

At any point in time, driving the car at any speed, in any driving mode, with any form of display on the center LCD screen, the screen will randomly go blank, shut off, restart and pick up where the vehicle left off, both while driving and sitting in park in a lot.

The illumination of the temp gauge, fuel level, and needles along with the center screen go completely dark for several seconds and seem to restart / reboot. This issue will continue to happen while driving sometimes several times randomly each day.

The other thing to note is at night the illumination of the center analog clock in the center of the dash also simultaneously goes out and relights. Hope this helps others.

https://youtu.be/QOvvSDCv-u0
Did you get it resolved? only i have the same problem