W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

AMG Advanced program?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2022 | 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
AMG Advanced program?

Sorry this a little off actual car topic but not much happens in the events threads.

Can anyone describe the “driving modules” for the AMG driving Academy “Advanced” program? Obviously I’ve done the performance and while it was fun, I’m looking for more actual track time this go around.
What about the cars used in this program? I understand the CLA was an AMG at the performance level, but I really don’t want to spend anymore time in that thing for a $4k day.
Just wanted a little input of what goes on before I drop 8k for my wife and I. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2022 | 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
The fleet keeps changing and depends on the location and availability. You can find their current fleet here https://www.amgacademy.com/vehicles, but as said there's no guarantee as to which models will be there, especially in light of most of the V8 models not being available for 2022 in the US and all the shortages. Not sure how long they keep the cars in circulation, but they can't replace them with new V8 models at the moment.

When I did the performance session, the CLA was only used for a bit of autocross in the paddock area. We didn't drive it on the track. We drove the C43, SLC 43, SL 63, GT S and GT R on the track. They used the C63S coupe for the drifting and the E63S and GT 63 S for braking exercises. I did it in 2019. The 43 models were only used on the track as a comparison. I thought it was interesting. We started with the 43 models and worked our way up to the GT R, making it very apparent that the 43 models aren't really at home on the track. I would suspect that for the Advanced session they'll be mainly using the GT and GT R and perhaps the GT 63 S.

I didn't sign up for anything this season, partly because the fleet is a bit uninspiring. I have pretty much driven all the models in their current fleet and was looking for the newer models. I'm going to Europe in June for a month and instead signed up for the AMG Performance Training at the Nürburgring. Gonna be driving the GT Black Series and the GT 63 S E PERFORMANCE. We'll also be driving the EQS 53, which is gonna be interesting.

https://experience.mercedes-amg.com/...g-nuerburgring
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
Drone_S213 (04-11-2022), Pbl1 (04-11-2022)
Old 04-11-2022 | 06:57 PM

The horses are now in the barn, 2019 E63s
superswiss!!!!!! My, my, my........you lucky dog. I'll have to look into the same after my tour at Affalterbach this year.

Last edited by AMG RB; 04-11-2022 at 10:23 PM. Reason: sp
Old 04-11-2022 | 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by AMG RB
superswiss!!!!!! My, my, my........you lucking dog. I'll have to look into the same after my tour at Affalterbach this year.
Might as well while you are there. If you are doing the Affalterbach tour, you also might wanna sign up for the AMG tour at the Sindelfingen factory. This tour is new and you'll see the production lines of the AMG models. I just signed up for it for the week I'm there. I've done the Affalterbach tour in 2019 during my European Delivery. Great tour. Like the Affalterbach tour, the Sindelfingen tour is also private with just you, your guest(s) and an AMG employee. Tours are limited to 5 persons at the moment due to ongoing COVID restrictions and you need your own vehicle as you have to drive onto the factory grounds. Taxis are not allowed to enter the factory grounds. Also, you have to be a PL member, not just owner of an AMG.

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/worl...uehrungen.html
Old 04-11-2022 | 10:24 PM

The horses are now in the barn, 2019 E63s
Much obliged my friend, thanks.
Old 04-12-2022 | 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Those sound pretty cool and I’ll look at them.
But earlier were you talking about the one day performance or 2 day advanced? We’ve done the 1 day performance and it was nice but I really don’t want to do 2 days of similar modules for 8k. I got an email back from the event staff and it wasn’t clarified a lot. If the 2 day advanced is just longer times at each of the same modules as the one day, I may just skip it and keep buying events with Appalachian Driving Experience, or something similar. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-12-2022 | 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Those sound pretty cool and I’ll look at them.
But earlier were you talking about the one day performance or 2 day advanced? We’ve done the 1 day performance and it was nice but I really don’t want to do 2 days of similar modules for 8k. I got an email back from the event staff and it wasn’t clarified a lot. If the 2 day advanced is just longer times at each of the same modules as the one day, I may just skip it and keep buying events with Appalachian Driving Experience, or something similar. Thanks for the help.
I was talking about the 1 day performance.