Sponsored by:

How many units of 2023 E63 Wagon ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 468 Likes on 274 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon, 2014 BMW M5
January builds locked over a month ago. Your dealer must tell you your particular lock date then you can decide how to proceed.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:10 PM

Received 196 Likes on 151 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Retired

Originally Posted by HBerman
Not going to happen for the US. The C-class wagons were available in Canada and the EU, but not in the US in recent years.
No M3 Touring either for the US...

If GM/Holden imported Estate version of my Chevy SS I probably wouldn't have got the AMG Wagon. In 2017 bought an additional SS sedan with automatic transmission for GA residence, for the wife, since 2005 CRV was getting up in mileage. Wife immediately figured out my Scheme...lol and eventually got a 2019 Buick Encore that we later gifted Daughter in Maryland. Then bought 2020 CRV Hybrid when my AMG Wagon original order got delayed until MY2021. Last year also bought the Son a 2021 Kia Soul. Told the family their next cars are on their dime!

I hope you guys get to order and take delivery of your 2023 AMG Wagons!
Old 12-03-2022, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,148 Likes on 601 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by ocdbroker
January builds locked over a month ago. Your dealer must tell you your particular lock date then you can decide how to proceed.
Thank you for the process and terminology, I’ll ask for my lock date.
I’ve only ever driven cars off the lot from MB - this is my first order so all info is very helpful.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 526 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
MB dealer in canada emailed me this past Thursday saying their late January build date is still opened for changes if I should decide to get their unsold allocation spot.
The following users liked this post:
I.T. Guy (12-05-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C63S
placed my order yesterday

I’m sharing here my experience until getting the order placed for my E63S Wagon.

Back a few months when the final edition was released on the media, I want one desperately before they destroy the car taking the V8 out of the model and I called a few dealers in south Florida but no one knew anything at that time, the only thing they would tell me is, that will be a huge markup over the car MRSP, because they have been asking up to $100K for a G-Class and people are buying it. When the dealer told me that I tough, forget it, this car will be impossible to get, and I will have to pay at least 50% more of its value because of the dealers, and that made me so mad.
I always want a E63 Wagon but didn’t have the chance to buy before the pandemic, so I tried contacting the Mercedes Headquarters, explained all this ripped off from the dealers, but unfortunately because of the dealer’s law created when Henry Ford started the dealerships in the US, there is nothing that the factories can do, I asked them about when we will be able to place our orders online and avoid the hungry lions at the dealers and the same answer came back, they must pass thru the dealers, it looks like the word “dealer” is the issue and Tesla got away changing to “stores”, so that law doesn’t apply to them, so then they can sell directly to the customers. After that I let my dealer and another one in alert mode to let me know when I can order mine.
This week visiting this forum I started to see people talking about orders placed already and my 2 dealers not even call me back, so on Thursday I called 8 south Florida dealers to try to get my order in. The first dealer told me that he has a wagon that will go on production in Feb 2023 and will send me the specs but it is White color he said. When I received the order specs I tough maybe there are 2 different order lines here, one for the final edition and another without the final edition where you could select the options and colors. By the way the order specs received had prices but were not correct because the MRST was 7 million and the dealer told me that they have no idea of prices yet.
The second dealer tell me about the ordering process and then hit me with his dealer markup amount 25K over MRSP, so I told him that I will think about it.
The third dealer couldn’t find the order on the system and said that nothing could be ordered.
The other 5 dealers I left I message and only one called me back and he said if when I could come over to place the order, so I asked the painful question on the markup and hit me with a number which I negotiated 5K down and we got a deal. Yesterday I went to their location and in from of their system place my order E63S Wagon without the final edition specs, because that not even show in the system, I believe Mercedes pick a few dealers and send to them an allocation or something like that so there is no order to place.

I’m very happy that I could get one of the last V8’s before they are gone and a selected pretty much all options available but a lot of them that I knew existed before were not available and off course no prices at all, you order something that has no prices, you don’t know when will arrive, typical shooting in the dark, only in these days!!! The dealer told me that things are so off these days that they don’t get prices not even when the vehicle ships from the factory and sometimes they already got the vehicle at their dealership and the price comes days after.
My suggestion for anyone that wants the last V8 e63 is, do not wait until the unicorn of the final edition shows up, because if you don’t get it you will regret to not have the final V8 with or without the final edition badge.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
E63S Wagon order for share.pdf (637.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 12-04-2022, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
You've got an order placed, but no PO so this will wait for an allocation to be finalized. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
I would believe that you are SOL for changing a Jan build. Waiting for another slot is risky for this vehicle given it is EOL this model year.
Just got off the phone with the dealer. They are checking status if it's B3 (locked) yet or not and recommended I lock it with the regular brakes if not locked already. Then later if they get another spot for Feb or March with carbon brakes available I can spec that one and they will just sell this one to someone else. Seems easy enough. So if I didn't already miss my spot it's getting locked with normal brakes. I find out Wednesday.

Oh the chaos I cause for myself! Thanks everyone for the help.
The following 2 users liked this post by I.T. Guy:
imack (12-05-2022), keyserS (12-05-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
I was in the dealer yesterday Dec 8 and spoke with the new car sales manager. He checked with his purchasing manager who checked with the factory and they are for sure running the E63's for a few months. They advise my car can safely be in an unlocked holding pattern waiting for CCB's for at least 1-2 months. I told them I don't want to risk losing it and they agreed we will not play chicken to the last minute, and in 1-2 months as they get closer to the end of the E63's production we can comfortably and safely decide then to proceed with normal brakes if CCB hasn't come back yet. If CCB's do come back they'll automatically slot it in. So there is no need to rush at this point. They talked me off the ledge and assured me there is zero risk in losing the chance to build this wagon if I hold off for now, as they are building for a few months well past January.
The following 2 users liked this post by I.T. Guy:
bobblehead (12-09-2022), imack (12-09-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 03:46 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
It's just possible that these are all of the wagons that can be built for the US. Priority for assembly parts is going to the Final Edition wagons and sedans. There are more allocations for the sedans, but these may be the ONLY wagons to be built in 2023 for the US. I personally hope that all the orders are fulfilled without omitted parts. The supply chain for the electronics is still stressed. Fingers crossed.
That is correct. As the Thread name say it, this is only for wagons.
The following users liked this post:
HBerman (12-15-2022)