Sponsored by:

Seeking E53

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Seeking E53

I am in the market for an E53 AMG. Always prefer to buy gently used CPO, but...given that there doesn't appear to be much discount on preowneds now....I might be willing to buy new. Have some preferences with regard to color/options, but nothing out of the ordinary. I am in middle TN and have been hitting all the sites (MBUSA, auto trader, etc.) regularly.

If anyone has any advice on the best way to approach this, I would appreciate any advice or suggestions as to best strategy for locating one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:36 PM

Received 214 Likes on 140 Posts
E63s SL550 GL450
There seems to be a good number of them on autotrader, although I don't what color and options you're wanting. Before I ordered my 2021 E63s I looked for over a year for a lightly used, low mileage. I was pretty set on color combo and options. I only found a couple prospects and they were always sold before I could get to see them. In the end I'm glad I ordered, even though it was a lengthy drawn out unpleasant ordeal. Mine camejust before the chip shortage caused desirable options to be unavailable. My guess is that ordering has not become less difficult and many dealers are throwing ADM on top of the sticker price. I also don't know how the current chip situation will affect an order if you want things like active multi contoured seats with massage and advanced techie stuff. If you can find a nice used one that checks most of your boxes it may be wise to grab it. Good luck with your search. These are great cars and worth the hassle to acquire a good one.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 e63s / 2020 amg gt63s
Just got a 2019 e53 , magno grey , been looking for a while
They are out there you just have to keep looking
Prices are also slowly coming back to normal
Old 10-07-2022, 02:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 Corvette Convertible Z51, 2016 CLS550 4matic
Brand New 2023

Originally Posted by MB2324
I am in the market for an E53 AMG. Always prefer to buy gently used CPO, but...given that there doesn't appear to be much discount on preowneds now....I might be willing to buy new. Have some preferences with regard to color/options, but nothing out of the ordinary. I am in middle TN and have been hitting all the sites (MBUSA, auto trader, etc.) regularly.

If anyone has any advice on the best way to approach this, I would appreciate any advice or suggestions as to best strategy for locating one.

Thanks in advance.
I have a brand new 2023 E53, moonlight white, Saddle/black interior, Driver assistance, massage seats, heads up display, Warmth and Comfort package, High Gloss Brown ash wood,20" rims w/high performance tires, etc, etc, etc. coming in soon (It's at VPC now ). That I'd be willing to part with.