Sponsored by:

2019 E53 AMG Sedan Sill Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 01:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 AMG E53
2019 E53 AMG Sedan Sill Plate

The driver door sill plate somehow came off and I don't have it. What I have is a white "underplate" - see photo. I've also attached a photo of the opposite side passenger door plate. I asked the dealer to order me the part for the driver door and he came back and gave me a quote of $358 for the part and installation. That's too much so I'd like to do it myself. It looks to me like the aluminum (?) shiny plate would just glue on. Anyone have any advice on how to get this done more cheaply?

The passenger side (not illuminated)

The driver side "underplate"
Old 05-02-2024, 04:34 AM

2019 AMG E53
Part Number?

Can anyone figure out the part number for the shiny sill plate (see pic in my original post)? I only need the shiny "upperplate" that apparently glues onto the lower plate that is anchored to the car. I've looked through the parts catalog and there are many sill plates, but they all seem to show with "Merceded Benz" rather than AMG. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 E53
If you want to go aftermarket, they get pretty creative these days: https://aoonuauto.com/products/merce...ates-handwired
Old 05-04-2024, 08:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,626 Likes on 2,232 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Rich9300
The driver door sill plate somehow came off and I don't have it. What I have is a white "underplate" - see photo. I've also attached a photo of the opposite side passenger door plate. I asked the dealer to order me the part for the driver door and he came back and gave me a quote of $358 for the part and installation. That's too much so I'd like to do it myself. It looks to me like the aluminum (?) shiny plate would just glue on. Anyone have any advice on how to get this done more cheaply?

The passenger side (not illuminated)

The driver side "underplate"
It is this one: https://mbparts.mbusa.com/oem-parts/...ert-2576802701

Except there is an issue, it doesn't say "amg" it says "Mercedes-Benz" but the fitment only is for "amg" models, maybe it can be ordered with the same part number with "amg" lettering? Which is what you found. Is there no part number on the one that fell off? It is on the back of the plate.
Old 05-04-2024, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 623 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
It is this one: https://mbparts.mbusa.com/oem-parts/...ert-2576802701

Except there is an issue, it doesn't say "amg" it says "Mercedes-Benz" but the fitment only is for "amg" models, maybe it can be ordered with the same part number with "amg" lettering? Which is what you found. Is there no part number on the one that fell off? It is on the back of the plate.
A lot of times I find those pictures are just plain wrong. For $70 I’d risk it.

OP: get the quote from the dealer then you will have the part number. My dealer always prints out my quotes in full with parts and labour. And I usually end up going with them they are very competitive. Plus, if I order a part from my dealer with my Vin on their profile for me their policy is if it doesn’t fit I don’t have to pay. And, if I decide I can’t figure out how to install it they don’t penalize me and will do the work per original quote.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
A lot of times I find those pictures are just plain wrong. For $70 I’d risk it.

OP: get the quote from the dealer then you will have the part number. My dealer always prints out my quotes in full with parts and labour. And I usually end up going with them they are very competitive. Plus, if I order a part from my dealer with my Vin on their profile for me their policy is if it doesn’t fit I don’t have to pay. And, if I decide I can’t figure out how to install it they don’t penalize me and will do the work per original quote.
That sounds like a good idea, worse case you still have Mercedes-Benz instead of a blank area there. Plus if you don't use it (that if it clearly says Mercedes-Benz) it is refundable right?
Old 05-05-2024, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 623 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
That sounds like a good idea, worse case you still have Mercedes-Benz instead of a blank area there. Plus if you don't use it (that if it clearly says Mercedes-Benz) it is refundable right?
At my dealer they wouldn’t make me pay for the wrong part if ordered through them. Some dealers are jerks though - I’d ask first.

Trending Topics

Old 05-05-2024, 08:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
At my dealer they wouldn’t make me pay for the wrong part if ordered through them. Some dealers are jerks though - I’d ask first.
Ah you mean the good ol Oakville?
Old 05-05-2024, 11:37 AM

2019 AMG E53
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have the missing plate, it just got lost. I will go to the dealer and order the part, I don't think they would make me pay for it if it turns out wrong. They are a good dealer (Mercedes Benz of St Charles in St Charles, IL). A plate saying "Mercedes Benz" wouldn't fit on the attached underplate, since the underplate is an exact replica of the shiny plate on top, and only an AMG plate would fit tightly. Again, thanks for the responses.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have the missing plate, it just got lost. I will go to the dealer and order the part, I don't think they would make me pay for it if it turns out wrong. They are a good dealer (Mercedes Benz of St Charles in St Charles, IL). A plate saying "Mercedes Benz" wouldn't fit on the attached underplate, since the underplate is an exact replica of the shiny plate on top, and only an AMG plate would fit tightly. Again, thanks for the responses.
Hopefully they can get you the right one.
Old 05-10-2024, 01:35 PM

2019 AMG E53
Finale

Closing off this thread. I installed the new sill plate, it was pretty easy after some tips from my dealer's parts guy. First off, thanks to W205C43PFL, that was the right part number (257-680-27-01) an exact replacement for what was on the car. The parts guy had to order it, he only had the "Mercedes Benz" one in stock, and my sill needed "AMG" to match the others. He showed me the Mercedes one and explained that it is one piece not two, as I originally thought. Somehow the top of the old one got separated from its backing and got lost.

The plate is held on by two strips of attached tape, and there are two pins that fit into two holes. So I bought a trim removal tool, got the old one off, cleared off the remnants of the old tape, used the 3M surface preparation packet the parts guy gave me, and put the new one on. The part cost $89 plus tax. I'm really glad I didn't order from an online MB parts store, it wouldn't have really been cheaper after their outrageous shipping fees, and the parts guy at my dealer was very helpful.
The following users liked this post:
Keith66 (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Happy to hear this for you!

Also, there are so many people who come here to post their issues and receive guidance and opinions, only to never return to the thread to share the what and how it was resolved.

So thank you for wrapping this up with a resolution!!!

This should be very helpful for anyone else in the same situation.

Old 05-10-2024, 04:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Closing off this thread. I installed the new sill plate, it was pretty easy after some tips from my dealer's parts guy. First off, thanks to W205C43PFL, that was the right part number (257-680-27-01) an exact replacement for what was on the car. The parts guy had to order it, he only had the "Mercedes Benz" one in stock, and my sill needed "AMG" to match the others. He showed me the Mercedes one and explained that it is one piece not two, as I originally thought. Somehow the top of the old one got separated from its backing and got lost.

The plate is held on by two strips of attached tape, and there are two pins that fit into two holes. So I bought a trim removal tool, got the old one off, cleared off the remnants of the old tape, used the 3M surface preparation packet the parts guy gave me, and put the new one on. The part cost $89 plus tax. I'm really glad I didn't order from an online MB parts store, it wouldn't have really been cheaper after their outrageous shipping fees, and the parts guy at my dealer was very helpful.
Awesome, glad to help OP! We also appreciate you posting about the steps to install it.