Sponsored by:

Engine start stop button problematic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Class w213 2016 Amg Line
Engine start stop button problematic

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my W213 E-Class from an analog to a digital dashboard. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that the engine start button isn't working as expected. Typically, you need to press the brake and then press the start button to ignite the engine. However, now the engine starts just by pressing the button, even without pressing the brake pedal. Additionally, the engine won't turn off with a single press of the button anymore—it either requires two consecutive presses or a press and hold. Unfortunately, the person who did the coding couldn't identify the issue. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!
Old 08-15-2024, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 529 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
wow. Your coder/whoever did your conversion left you hanging without looking into the issue furthermore. I suppose you may have to bring it to the dealer to have them check out the conversion needs to change some software parameters in the ECU and any other hardwares (if applicable)
Old 08-16-2024, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,507 Likes on 2,337 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
ouch !! 😳

Originally Posted by Mumar321
Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my W213 E-Class from an analog to a digital dashboard. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that the engine start button isn't working as expected. Typically, you need to press the brake and then press the start button to ignite the engine. However, now the engine starts just by pressing the button, even without pressing the brake pedal. Additionally, the engine won't turn off with a single press of the button anymore—it either requires two consecutive presses or a press and hold. Unfortunately, the person who did the coding couldn't identify the issue. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!
The pretty display is hardly compatible with your other car modules.

Connect an OBD scanner to realize the unnecessary chaos that was added to your car.

If this new module can not be coded to work well, save time and go back to stock.

​​​​​​