C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

After Stage 1, difference between AMG and AMG-S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar XFR-S
After Stage 1, difference between AMG and AMG-S

This not really a money issue, if the S comes up for sale tomorrow that matches what I want I will just go ahead and get that.

But what all ese do you get with the S package over the normal AMG other than the power? After I get the Stage 1, it won't matter anyways as they will be equal to each other.

However, the S package supposedly comes with {from wiki} [rear axle differential lock, axle components produced in aluminium.]

Not to sound like a snob, but the couple thousand price difference is not a big deal to me and the S is what I actually want to buy. But after speaking OE today on the phone it appears other than the differential lock and the aluminum components there is zero difference.

Does the aluminium take away that much weight to make a difference? Are there badges insdie the car that say "S" on them or any other reason why I should just be patient and wait for the right car?

Just looking for the difference between the 2015-2016 CLS63 AMG and the 2015-2015 CLS AMG-S

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2018, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 282 Likes on 220 Posts
E63S
Although this https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...questions.html is about w212's and not w218's... I am sure the differences are about the same.