Watches Forum to discuss, research and buy/sell watches and timepieces.

ROLEX SS SUBMARINER DATE 16610 BLACK DIAL 40MM AS NEW D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few toys

All watches located in NYC and available for local viewing or nation wide over night insured delivery. Call Gil for more photos or info. Most Trades accepted, call for details!

Please say Mike sent you when inquiring about this watch to guarantee this special price.

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner Date Watche. 40mm stainless steel case, black time lapse bezel, black dial, and Oyster Fliplock Bracelet. Water resistant to 1000 feet.

This watch is as new and it is always sold at full list price plus tax when available. Get it here over night and save $$$.

The watch is keeping perfect time well within COSC specs and comes complete with boxes and papers.

Only $4,495

All prices are deemed valid for 24 hours from time of posting and subject to change. We buy, sell and trade fine timepieces so call with your trade or sale offer.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Have one of these also, market is getting soft on them though.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Yep, wearing mine as I type this. Has been the sturdiest watch I've ever owned. It's a daily wearer for me.

True classic.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 311 Likes on 229 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Have one of these also, market is getting soft on them though.
I haven't priced Rolexes in many, many years. I got my first Submariner for $300 new. I got my President in the 80's for $3,500 new. The list at that time was like $5,000. Obviously things cost more now, but I wonder if this is the next bubble? It's probably the case that electronic movements have caused the loss of the talent pool for mechanical watchmakers and we'll never see prices come down. It's more likely these will go the way of the typewriter.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I hope not. There is no substitute for quality craftsmanship IMO.

Gimme a swiss movemen watch anyday over some digital watch that can tell me when it's gonna rain.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

A few toys
I would look at mechanical pieces as more of a niche market, more so as a work of art. Even though quartz watches have been around for many years, the craftsmanship of the mechanical timepiece has still appealed more to collectors. A good analogy is that while automatic transmissions have certainly made life easier, you still have a high demand for a manual transmission in many vehicles due to enthusiasts who prefer the feel.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I don't see you listed on Rolex's website as an authorized dealer? Did I miss it somewhere?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by ldangeli
I don't see you listed on Rolex's website as an authorized dealer? Did I miss it somewhere?
He isn't an authorized dealer nor is there anything particularly wrong with that. There are tons of reputable watch dealers that specialize in pre-owned and grey market watches. I don't know this guy personally but have seen him on other forums for years. In fact, I would've bought a PAM125 from him if he had it available.

I would imagine that if he weren't legit, he would've been called out long before becoming a sponsor here
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by NY C32
He isn't an authorized dealer nor is there anything particularly wrong with that. There are tons of reputable watch dealers that specialize in pre-owned and grey market watches. I don't know this guy personally but have seen him on other forums for years. In fact, I would've bought a PAM125 from him if he had it available.

I would imagine that if he weren't legit, he would've been called out long before becoming a sponsor here
As per the terms of Agreement with Rolex, a non-authorized dealer is not authorized to sell Rolex watches as new, which he is doing. Sure there are a lot of dealers out there, but if I am buying anything online of this value, it better come with a "Authorized Dealer" stamp so if and when it breaks or needs service, Rolex doesn't look and laugh!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

A few toys
For anyone who has not read our introduction post where this was addressed, all of our new watches include full warranty certificates with authorized dealer stamp fully intact. Thanks for asking.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Funny, talked to Rolex, they don't know who you guys are, and don't allow ebay selling. So, basically you are getting your items either "Hot" or transhipped from someone else or used being sold as new. And BTW, gmail.com? Maybe some of the members on this forum, who aren't as "savvy" a buyer as some others, may fall for this "sponsor" but owning half a dozen Rolex's along with Piagets, Patek, etc, I am not sure I would trust a sponsor with such credentials.

Last edited by ldangeli; 03-02-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Funny, talked to Rolex, they don't know who you guys are. So, basically you are getting your items either "Hot" or transhipped from someone else. And BTW, gmail.com? Maybe some of the members on this forum, who aren't as "savvy" a buyer as some others, may fall for this "sponsor" but owning half a dozen Rolex's along with Piagets, Patek, etc, I am not sure I would trust a sponsor with such credentials.
Im not sure where all of the issues are coming from with our newest sponsor. I am one of the oldest active members of MBWorld, Ive been here literally since the beginning. I can personally vouch for Gil/Stryke. Not only do I know him professionally through countless watch transactions, I know him well enough to call him a friend. His company is held in the highest regard with respect to service and dealing in top notch watches.

Jason Wade
Old 03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Im not sure where all of the issues are coming from with our newest sponsor. I am one of the oldest active members of MBWorld, Ive been here literally since the beginning. I can personally vouch for Gil/Stryke. Not only do I know him professionally through countless watch transactions, I know him well enough to call him a friend. His company is held in the highest regard with respect to service and dealing in top notch watches.

Jason Wade
I am sure his company is. I am sure it is.. BTW, you've got five months on me, so I understand the longevity and respect that comes with being a senior member on this forum.

Being a senior member as well, and being as old as dirt, my experience has taught me a few things about "companies" like Gil/Strykes. So, in situations like this, I err on the side of caution, especially when the manufacturer doesn't know them.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

A few toys
Sir, as you probably know, Rolex authorized dealers are not allowed to directly discount or advertise online. They do however sell inventory in bulk to companies like ours who then in turn resell online. I assure you that everything we sell is 100% complete and as described. We do stand behind it with a 9 year reputation and thousands of high dollar transactions. We sponsor over a dozen forums online, many for several years. Our number one priority is service over anything else. If you personally do not feel comfortable in transacting in this manner that is fine, it is not for everyone. The nice thing about having that choice is that those who do usually become loyal customers as we work hard to obtain the hardest to find pieces for repeat customers and provide them with a sea of knowledge on the brands we carry in stock. If anyone has any questions at all I welcome them so long as there is no hidden agenda in the intent of the comments.

Jason, it's great seeing you here. I had a feeling you'd be here as an MB freak that you are.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by Stryke
Sir, as you probably know, Rolex authorized dealers are not allowed to directly discount or advertise online. They do however sell inventory in bulk to companies like ours who then in turn resell online. I assure you that everything we sell is 100% complete and as described. We do stand behind it with a 9 year reputation and thousands of high dollar transactions. We sponsor over a dozen forums online, many for several years. Our number one priority is service over anything else. If you personally do not feel comfortable in transacting in this manner that is fine, it is not for everyone. The nice thing about having that choice is that those who do usually become loyal customers as we work hard to obtain the hardest to find pieces for repeat customers and provide them with a sea of knowledge on the brands we carry in stock. If anyone has any questions at all I welcome them so long as there is no hidden agenda in the intent of the comments.

Jason, it's great seeing you here. I had a feeling you'd be here as an MB freak that you are.
While I trust the members here who have vouched for you, and I have no reason to believe that you are anything but a reputable company, I am confused about your selling of "new" Rolex watches when you say: "all of our new watches include full warranty certificates with authorized dealer stamp fully intact." On the Rolex website, they clearly state that only authorized dealers are allowed to sell and maintain Rolex watches. It is my understanding (and the understanding of other unauthorized dealers on the web) that once a watch is re-sold, or sold by a dealer who is not authorized (which essentially is the same as re-sold), the manufacturer warranty is no longer valid. As it seems I'm not the only one confused, perhaps you could explain how and why Rolex would still honor the warranty, or how you have some kind of in house warranty (in writing I would hope) that meets or exceeds the manufacturer's warranty?

Not trying to start trouble with a new sponsor, but I think people should know what they are buying, and this knowledge should only help you here.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

A few toys
Certainly. Understandably, Rolex wants to protect their dealer network and they want customers to be careful where they buy watches to guarantee authenticity. Since the internet is riddled with scams they have a blanket policy of not allowing authorized dealers to sell online and there are two main reasons for it. First is to avoid having customers trying to decide who is and who is not a legit dealer and secondly, they have territory protection and they do not like their retail dealers to cross ship into another dealer's territory. This is to prevent one dealer from discounting and taking business away from another dealer by selling and shipping into his territory. They are a very traditional company in that sense.

Often times dealers who receive inventory need to pay for it within 30 days and it goes unsold. These dealers work much like car dealers who have a floor plan. They pay interest on the money used to finance their inventory and if it is unsold they need to move it to cover their overhead. This is where we come in. We work with over 40 Rolex dealers around the world by buying their surplus or unsold inventory when they call us for money. They in turn leave the warranty cards "open" for us with no customer name filled in. They do stamp the cards as a Rolex dealer. The watches essentially come right from the authorized dealer and we are simply connecting the buyer and dealer although unlike the conventional broker we physically hold on to and own the inventory so it is a fast and efficient turn around and our dealers are prepaid for the inventory which is the reason they do this in the first place.

We employ a Rolex watchmaker who is a former Rolex employee and we handle all repairs in house when need be although a customer is free to take his/her watch to any service center worldwide. At the end of the day we are in business due to great service and have been known to do things for customers far beyond what is "written" or required such as servicing watches purchased elsewhere and not billing for it at all, etc.

I am more than happy to clear up any other questions.

Last edited by Stryke; 03-02-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Often times dealers who receive inventory need to pay for it within 30 days and it goes unsold. These dealers work much like car dealers who have a floor plan. They pay interest on the money used to finance their inventory and if it is unsold they need to move it to cover their overhead. This is where we come in. We work with over 40 Rolex dealers around the world by buying their surplus or unsold inventory when they call us for money. They in turn leave the warranty cards "open" for us with no customer name filled in. They do stamp the cards as a Rolex dealer. The watches essentially come right from the authorized dealer and we are simply connecting the buyer and dealer although unlike the conventional broker we physically hold on to and own the inventory so it is a fast and efficient turn around and our dealers are prepaid for the inventory which is the reason they do this in the first place.

Its called tran-shipping and is a shady paractice to say the least. No authorized reputable dealer would admit to doing it as they would loose their dealer contract with Rolex, and Rolex would come in a "Buy-back" all inventory. Been there, seen that.

We employ a Rolex watchmaker who is a former Rolex employee and we handle all repairs in house when need be although a customer is free to take his/her watch to any service center worldwide. At the end of the day we are in business due to great service and have been known to do things for customers far beyond what is "written" or required such as servicing watches purchased elsewhere and not billing for it at all, etc.

I am more than happy to clear up any other questions.
Are you a certified Rolex Repair center? No, so if something should happen, your company repairs it, that something happens again and I happen to be in a different part of the world, walk into an authorized repair center, they will not warranty or repair that issue due to the watch being repaired at a non-authorized repair center. So, where does that leave the consumer?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned

A few toys
Sir, you are being very one sided here for some reason and I am not here to argue with you but I can assure you that your observations above are incorrect and no client of ours is ever left behind. I can also tell you that in 9 years of business our clients are not denied repairs and they get more than they expect in the way of service and product. As I said above, if you feel that our services are not for you there is nothing wrong with that but please allow others to decide based on their experience.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Its called tran-shipping and is a shady paractice to say the least. No authorized reputable dealer would admit to doing it as they would loose their dealer contract with Rolex, and Rolex would come in a "Buy-back" all inventory. Been there, seen that.

Are you a certified Rolex Repair center? No, so if something should happen, your company repairs it, that something happens again and I happen to be in a different part of the world, walk into an authorized repair center, they will not warranty or repair that issue due to the watch being repaired at a non-authorized repair center. So, where does that leave the consumer?
woah easy Lou... I dunno why you are getting so bent out of shape here? He didnt just pop up here... He has been on Lambo power since I was a member there in 2005, he has been on 6 speed for as long as I can remember as well...

He has a pretty long customer sheet and NEVER, not once have I read a horror story about him or his business... I have read countless "Gil went above and beyond for me" threads... That Crazy complilation watch I was talking about went to a watch collector over seas... Either the middle east or Asia, cant remember... he had someone fly with the watch in hand to deliver it... he isnt some schmoe trying to make a quick buck... you can read his reviews ALL over the internet... nothing but possitive... He IS down in your neck of the woods, why not just go visit him?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Certainly. Understandably, Rolex wants to protect their dealer network and they want customers to be careful where they buy watches to guarantee authenticity.
Sir, you are being very one sided here for some reason and I am not here to argue with you but I can assure you that your observations above are incorrect and no client of ours is ever left behind.
Not being one-sided at all. As you've indicated above, Rolex does want to protect their dealer network. As a senior member her, for almost nine years, I tend to be pragmatic when it comes to "sponsors" selling "new" items that technically shouldn't be sold as "new", for prices that are list price for "new". Then when members challenge OP and OT, we, the membership, your potential purchasing audience, are "punished" for such and no offense to your fine organization, but are pissed off and wouldn't support said sponsor if they were giving gold bars away.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
woah easy Lou... I dunno why you are getting so bent out of shape here? He didnt just pop up here... He has been on Lambo power since I was a member there in 2005, he has been on 6 speed for as long as I can remember as well...

He has a pretty long customer sheet and NEVER, not once have I read a horror story about him or his business... I have read countless "Gil went above and beyond for me" threads... That Crazy complilation watch I was talking about went to a watch collector over seas... Either the middle east or Asia, cant remember... he had someone fly with the watch in hand to deliver it... he isnt some schmoe trying to make a quick buck... you can read his reviews ALL over the internet... nothing but possitive... He IS down in your neck of the woods, why not just go visit him?

Pete I am sure. This isn't just about him or his watch company.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Not to side with either argument, but what Idangeli is stating has been told to me almost verbatim when I asked. Three different watchmakers, Movado, Citizen, and Tag all stated pretty much the same thing when I inquired.

I can buy a Movado online, but it would only be warranted by the online retailer I bought it from.

There seems to be some confusion here, no disrespect intended.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

A few toys
We do not carry Movado, Citizen or Tag so I cannot comment on them but the brands we do carry I can share my experience which I have done above. Our customers do NOT have a problem with their watches or the service if needed.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Stryke, thanks for responding to my questions. As I said, my only intention is to ensure that the members here are aware of what they are buying. I'm sure that other members are posting for the same reason.

To those other members, I would ask that you keep the discussion toned down, and not accusatory. It does seem that Styke is willing to discuss issues and answer questions. There also seems to be no shortage of people who have been satisfied customers of his, which to me, means a lot.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
I don't know why this is an issue to some members. If you want to buy a watch from an authorized dealer, do it. Some people prefer to save money when buying high end items from reputable sellers. As long as the warranty card is stamped by an authorized dealer, you have no problems getting it serviced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.