Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire Question, Please Help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350---2007
Tire Question, Please Help.

I had a tire blow out on Saturday and was informed by my benz service rep that it's going to cost $132 to have a new one ordered.

I think the tire was defective cos I was not even speeding when this happened. The pressure on the tires were normal and there was not nail found in the tire.

what should I do?

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Good luck. From the description of the failure scenario, it seems likely that the tire was damaged during the incident, making determination of the problem source impossible. In that case, both MB and the tire manufacturer would not have responsibility for the defect.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 (210.065), Brilliant Silver; 2002 Ducati ST-2, Arrest-me Red
Unhappy The only way

...you'll get that sort of failure covered is when you buy a new set from a company like America's Tire and purchase their additional warranty (which at least includes free rotation and balancing, too). AT is very good about replacing tires if you've bought that warranty, otherwise you're stuck with the manufacturer's warranty, and that's hard to do since basically the burden is on you to show that it failed due to a defect in the tire. After a blowout, there's not much left that would help you to demonstrate that a defect caused it.

Good luck to you; I'm just glad you didn't end up in an accident after the blowout (remember all those Ford Explorers??).

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg