Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Why doesn't Tirerack.com...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Why doesn't Tirerack.com...

...list if a tire is "directional" or not? Since my car has a staggered wheel set-up, if I want to do my own tire rotations, I need to be able to remove the wheel/tire from one side of the car and place it on the other. I can't do that with directional tires without having them dismounted which is a costly and time consuming excersize. And if the tire is directional AND has a side marked as "outside", I can't rotate it at all. Therefore, for people like me, who will only buy non-directional tires, that specification would be very helpful when shopping on Tirerack.com.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:31 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
??????

it does ... I just looked up a tire at random and read the description

The Bridgestone Potenza RE750 is an Ultra High Performance summer tire that was developed for the drivers of sports cars and sporty coupes to provide traction on wet and dry roads. It uses Bridgestone's UNI-T network of technologies to improve three primary factors of the tire's performance: the bead, casing and tread compound.

The Potenza RE750, inspired by the Bridgestone Potenza racing tire, uses an ultra high performance tread compound to enhance dry traction while its directional tread pattern enhances wet traction. Together, the tread compound and tread design help sweep water away from between the tire's contact patch and the road to improve wet grip (earning the highest "AA" UTQG Traction Rating) and reducing the possibility of hydroplaning. The Potenza RE750 has been engineered to reduce road noise, especially when worn, by combining interconnected shoulder blocks with continuous circumferential ribs in the center of the tread design to help reduce the possibility of heel/toe and alternate block wear. Internally, the Potenza RE750's casing and twin steel belts deliver responsive handling and cornering stability. The steel belts are reinforced with spirally wound nylon to provide high speed durability while minimizing weight and maximizing ride qualities. The Potenza RE750 features Rim Guard rubber ridges on its lower sidewalls to function as bumpers to help protect wheels from curb damage.

Potenza RE750 tires feature subtle black letter styling and will be available in 60-, 55-, 50-, 45-, 40 and 35-series; W-speed rated sizes for 15" to 20" wheel diameters.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
So the ad blurb of every single tire describes whether it is directional or not? Since a tire's directionality (is that even a word?) can play a BIG role in poper tire rotation/maintenance, I just wish it was highlighted as part of the tires "specs".