Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

1996 E320 Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG PP
1996 E320 Wheel Alignment

Hello,

I recently purchased a set of 18" AMG Monoblocks for my 1996 E320. 18X8 in front and 18X9 in rear with 235-40-18, and 265-35-18 respectively. So I thought I would get an alignment because of a slight pull to the right, and to make sure the new tires would wear well. To make a long story short, the service tech made me purchase 4 camber correction bolts for the front in order to align the car correctly. When he was almost done aligning the car, he gave me 2 choices:

1) Adjust the car to specs and the car may pull to the right slightly, but the tires will wear properly.

OR

2) Adjust the toe to compensate for the pull, and the car may go straight but will wear a little more on the inside of the front passenger tire.

I chose option 1, thinking it would be a botherless slight pull. To my surprise, the car pulled more forcibly to the right than I expected. And to be quite honest, it pisses me off to spend good money and not get what I expected. Do you guys have any suggestions, or do you see anything wrong with this scenario? Any suggestions are helpful.

Also, I still have this vibration in my steering wheel between 55-60MPH even with the new wheels, so any problems with the wheels being out of balance is not an option. I have had the front end tightened up, and everything seems to be fine. HELP

THANKS,

Raj