Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

question about shocks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
question about shocks?

my car with 70,000km on the clock (europe) the car is a (202) C43 AMG,i wan't to know about KONI adjustable shocks if they are any good on this car
the originals are still amg/bilstein factory fitted,but i wan't stiffer shocks,so what can u say about the konis vs bilsteins=? are they recomended strongly?

YOUR Comments on porterfield R4S pads?

next question= i have porterfield R4S pads on my fronts,the originals were factory fitted JURIDS.the jurid pads had better bite when braking and the porterfields don't have the same bite when stepping on the brakepedal,but the P.F. are much cleaner pads over the jurids,the dust i very easy to clean on my wheels with the porterfields pads.are these pads any better over the factory jurids? when i ordered these pads from gerry from formymercedes.com,the price was 169 $$$$$$$$$ kinda cheap but with shipping cost and they got busted at the customs i got a huge shock with the final price,the price was as the same if i bought new oem pads from the stealership give or take a few bucks for these money i hope they are value for money and quality.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:20 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
stick with Bilstein shocks on your car ..... no comment on the Porterfield as far as performance but, they do make alot of dust