Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

any DIY alignment for w203?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
any DIY alignment for w203?

obviously this is going to be a little difficult. but i know from the old old days in the time of my grandfather (and father) they would do a wheel alignment themselves using rulers, chalk, torque wrench etc. now it is all IR or some other high tech gizmo the helps in the alignment, but the old fashioned way does work still i think.

well, i just got qouted by the dealer for $200 (it was 90$ like a year ago). not many performance shops here in ohio and michigan that are nearby and they probably charge nearly the same. regular mechanics refuse to align my car as welll. i'm just wondering if this can be done.

with the bmw M3, it can be..... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...31&postcount=6

nothing that came with my w203 was as descriptive.

thoughts................
Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVE
Originally Posted by pookie
obviously this is going to be a little difficult. but i know from the old old days in the time of my grandfather (and father) they would do a wheel alignment themselves using rulers, chalk, torque wrench etc. now it is all IR or some other high tech gizmo the helps in the alignment, but the old fashioned way does work still i think.

well, i just got qouted by the dealer for $200 (it was 90$ like a year ago). not many performance shops here in ohio and michigan that are nearby and they probably charge nearly the same. regular mechanics refuse to align my car as welll. i'm just wondering if this can be done.

with the bmw M3, it can be..... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...31&postcount=6

nothing that came with my w203 was as descriptive.

thoughts................
If you get a set of rear camber arms and front camber bolts and two laser level-type things that will shoot from your wheel to the wall across from it you could probably do it yourself? (if you know what I mean).
flip