Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

2001 E55 AMG snow wheels/tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 AMG snow wheels/tires

I'm the new owner of a 2001 E55 AMG and just found this website and forum. I've been reading all I can, but I haven't come across exactly what I'm trying to find out -

Are the stock AMG Monoblocks on my car (18x8 and 18x9) available from somewhere, or are there any fairly good replicas or refurbished ones (I don't really care for chrome)? I really like the looks of these wheels, and I'd like to mount a set of snow tires on them. It seems worth the added initial cost of buying and extra set of wheels, rather than exchanging between the regular and snow tires every year.

Are the Dunlop Winter Sport M3's a good choice for where I live - coastal Connecticut, where we don't get a lot of snow, but we do get a some fairly serious ice and snow storms intermittently that affect my drive to NYC?

Would a st of 17" wheels fit my car and be better for snows? Should I get the same size all the way around?

Finally, there are so many 18x8.5 and 19x9.5 wheels off of other Mercedes available on Ebay and other places. Would these work on my car? I understand the basics of offset, but I get confused when people start mentioning all the difficulties with the E55 (brakes and suspension components in the way of many wheel/tire combinations).

I know, probably too many questions, so I apologize if you think I'm not doing enough of the research myself. Believe me, I'm happy to do some myself, so kindly provide some nudges in the right direction. I'm new at all this, and appreciate any help from you enthusiasts out there.

Thanks,

Thomas