Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire Rack is First Rate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'84 300CD, '82 300SD, '74 TR6, '99 Land Rover Discovery
Tire Rack is First Rate

For those of you on the forum that have never dealt with The Tire Rack, let me tell you, they are first rate.
A few years ago I bought a set of five 15" '92 style Mercedes 8-hole alloys and Dunlop 2.25x60-15 SP Sport A2's from them for my 300CD. They didn't have the wheels and tires in the same warehouse - not even the same city, but no problem, in less that a week a delivery truck showed up at the house with five wheels/tires, mounted, balanced, correct lug bolts and caps - just bolt on and go. Great price and good guys to deal with.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 E550 4Matic
I have dealt with the tirerack on numerous occasions. 90% of the time I have my order withing 2 days.

I placed an order for wheels and tires on Friday at 3:06pm and by 4:30pm they were mounted balanced and shipped.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by johnshasteen
For those of you on the forum that have never dealt with The Tire Rack, let me tell you, they are first rate.
A few years ago I bought a set of five 15" '92 style Mercedes 8-hole alloys and Dunlop 2.25x60-15 SP Sport A2's from them for my 300CD. They didn't have the wheels and tires in the same warehouse - not even the same city, but no problem, in less that a week a delivery truck showed up at the house with five wheels/tires, mounted, balanced, correct lug bolts and caps - just bolt on and go. Great price and good guys to deal with.

I recommend Tire Rack's web site as one of most comprehensive sources for tire information. The customer service is out standing. Tire Racks tire shipping is faster than most tire dealers. And any special question you have can be personally addressed by Luke here on line.

However one huge problem, as Tire Rack has grown, so to has the number of places that will do an installs, mount and balance. My finding is that at least 90% of the Tire Rack authorized installers are places I would never take my car. So before you order your tires, find a shop that will mount them and have all the right equipment, and a competent staff. Tire Rack really dropped the ball on the authorized installer list.