Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

2002 S55 with worn inside front tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
2002 S55 with worn inside front tires

hi guys,
FYI, i got front upper and lower control arms replaced 8k miles ago. the mechanic reco'd aligning the front end even though it had only been done 6k before w/ purchase of new tires.(it was done by mark morris tires in oakland). supposedly they had hunter machine.
desepite the alignment, the inside of the front tires are worn while the middle and outside still look near new. my gut feel is they either used the S500 specs, non-sport/AMG specs, or perhaps another reason.
bottom line, bummer - i had to buy 2 new front tires, but this time i took the car to MB dealer to get alignment.
any thoughts? wish me luck.
Patrick
Old 12-12-2008, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
You replace

any major front end components,control arms ,bushings,ball joints you need a proper alignment.If nothing else is worn out,you might have them dial out a bit of the negative camber and get it back into spec.That should solve the issue.
Les schwab up in Sacramento has the latest hunter machine,dead on accurate.