Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

W203 suspension advice needed(long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C320 Sedan, '04 SAAB 9-3 Cabrio
Question W203 suspension advice needed(long)

I know these issues have been discussed, but I need to make some decisions as to how far to go with my C32 suspension. I will be upgrading the rear or both sway bars. I have been searching for the part #s for the AMG bars but I get different results at the different parts sites. My alternative is to go with H&R rear(19mm) and Eibach front(24mm). I want the least amount of extra stiffness while getting some cornering performance. Can any of you guys chime in on the ride and handling differences? Or make recommendations? Bear in mind I am a mature (chronologically at least) person and my wife is not into me doing mods, so I need to maintain a comfortable ride.

Thanks so much < i know we have discussed all this but I would like some personal advice.
TIA,
Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM

addendum

Originally Posted by GotDaBenz
I know these issues have been discussed, but I need to make some decisions as to how far to go with my C320 non-sport suspension. I will be upgrading the rear or both sway bars. I have been searching for the part #s for the AMG bars but I get different results at the different parts sites. My alternative is to go with H&R rear(19mm) and Eibach front(24mm). I want the least amount of extra stiffness while getting some cornering performance. Can any of you guys chime in on the ride and handling differences? Or make recommendations? Bear in mind I am a mature (chronologically at least) person and my wife is not into me doing mods, so I need to maintain a comfortable ride.

Thanks so much < i know we have discussed all this but I would like some personal advice.
TIA,
I seem to have gathered the part#s for the sport suspension. I know these numbers have been posted before and I used that as a starting point. I also have used the MB parts catalog.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
c32, c36, ml55, 95 W124 E320, 380sec, Vw mk1-turbo, H3, Porsche-C4, and Harley V-Rod
Get the H&R swaybars. It will make a big difference. No sway, it's almost rides like an m3.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by c32amg13
Get the H&R swaybars. It will make a big difference. No sway, it's almost rides like an m3.
Thanks, C32. Two questions:

How does your C32 handle/corner with the stock bars? and

How is the ride over bumps with the H&R's?