Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

fitment - 19 x 8.5 non-staggered Carlsson 1/6 ET30 - front hub pushes out center cap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
fitment - 19 x 8.5 non-staggered Carlsson 1/6 ET30 - front hub pushes out center cap

Hello,

I've actually had numerous issues with this setup, but have finally gotten to the end of road and will be mounting these wheels this week to my w211 E320 Wagon.

Basically, I decided to go with Carlsson 1/6 Et40 non-staggered. I wanted a more agressive look with them so I bought some wheel spacers and lug bolts from Ichiba. I purchased 10mm spacers and 14mm x 1.5 lug bolts 45mm shank length. I even purchased the RAD Direct lock lug bolts also 45mm shank length. So far, all has gone smooth until...

The front spacers are hubcentric and slip over the front stock hubs fine. However, when I put them on and then put the carlssons on the hubcentric spacers the carlsson center caps no longer fit. They end up pushing out a little bit. They still seem secure, but i know as I'm driving these are going to fling right off leaving me with that nasty naked center cap look.

What are my options here?

One thought I have is to exchange my front hubcentric spacer with a set of non-hubcenter spacers that are on the back wheels. The back wheel spacers don't have this aluminum cylinder that fits over the rear hubcenter they're basically just a flat 10mm spacer with about a 1/4 lip. If I go this route though will I run the risk of getting wheel wobble?