Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire problem… need ur help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200K Coupe
Tire problem… need ur help!!

(I'm posting this here cuz my car is C class)

Today there was some kind of a whole or something in the road that I didn’t see. I was driving at around 40Km/h. I drove over it and I just noticed that there is something wrong with the front left tire.

The tire is “swollen” on the side a little bit. Like if someone was knocked in the head :p

Of course I didn’t know that what caused the problem till I took my car to the garage. The guy over showed me a black spot on the wheel. He says that’s when the tire was squeezed and touched the wheel.

My tires are Michelin Pilot HX Radial X 205/55 R16 91V MXM G1.
Actually I went to Michelin dealer. They told me that they don’t have this tire and it will arrive after 37 days!!! (it costs $165… is that correct?)

So they suggested that I can either wait till the tire arrive, and I should drive at low speeds (120Km/h MAX) or I can change two tires and buy some Italian ones.

Is it okay to wait?

Those Italian tires are cheap… they cost only 75 bucks. Is it okay if I buy only one? They said I should buy two tires so the car wont look weird. But frankly, I don’t care how the car is gonna look.

So, is it okay to buy one different tire? It’s the same size they said. I looked at it it said 205/55 R16 91V. but the threads looks different. And it look different from the side too.

Do you think it might hurt the car? if not I could buy it now and use it. till next months then remove this and save it for future use maybe.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:29 PM

2002 C240 Classic
if the tire looks like it has a "protruding marble" coming out of the side, i wouldn't drive on it at all. that is very dangerous and the tire guy should have told you this. anyone can agree with me that it must be replaced not as soon as possible, but right away. for the time being, why don't you use the spare tire. its full size (16")???
Old 02-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
the spare tire? the small one? well, it didn't come with my car!

Last edited by darkfact; 02-17-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
picking your tires is your choice, it's not going to do anything bad to the car if you go with cheaper tires. Now as far as driving it with that one "swollen" tire hehe, unless you are experienced with what to do at high speed in a tire explosion i'd recommend you keep the car in the driveway until you replace it, gl