Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

treadepot and paypal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n/a
treadepot and paypal

We are always looking for ways to make the shopping experience at www.treadepot.com more efficient and more enjoyable for the customer. That is why we have now added Paypal as a form of payment.

The way paypal works is by linking your credit, debit or checking account to your paypal account that you set up. When you go to make an online purchase you get redirected to your paypal account so you are never giving your personal financial information to anyone who is not authorized to access it. Treadepot gets your payment without ever seeing sensitive financial details. It makes shopping online more secure for you!

If you have any questions regarding this new feature, please do not hesitate to give my team at Treadepot a call.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugos only
The Internet is NOT secure.

Originally Posted by Treadepot
We are always looking for ways to make the shopping experience at www.treadepot.com more efficient and more enjoyable for the customer. That is why we have now added Paypal as a form of payment.

The way paypal works is by linking your credit, debit or checking account to your paypal account that you set up. When you go to make an online purchase you get redirected to your paypal account so you are never giving your personal financial information to anyone who is not authorized to access it. Treadepot gets your payment without ever seeing sensitive financial details. It makes shopping online more secure for you!

If you have any questions regarding this new feature, please do not hesitate to give my team at Treadepot a call.
Although I applaud your desire to protect customer's security and provide better customer service, online payments are not secure. If you look at, e.g., a bank's annual report under "other expenses" you'll see how big the problem is.

I pay only with personal check. The vendor waits for it to clear and everyone is happy.

I do not do online banking. I go to the bank and have the officer print out or make the transfer for me. That way at least I use their internal network. Any moneyshines are then covered by them, not me.

I was in computer and network security for years and I can tell you the DoD does not use the same network everyone else does.