Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2003 | 11:13 AM
Almost a Member!

S500
Vibration

I have a 2000 s500 with 18 inch OZ opera. I recently replaced 2 bent rims and now the wheel balance at the local tire shop and MB Dealer show the wheels true but I am still getting right rear vibrations around 60-72 and more noticable from deceleration. At the MB Dealer I noticed a little oil on the right front wheel well and yesterday light oil spry on drivers side rear. They thought I just ran over something.

Anyideas are the two things related? I have a road trip to take in 5 days and I need to know if my car is safe.
Old 02-24-2003 | 08:32 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
the oil in the front most likely is not related to your vibration since you stateed that it is in the rear ... but, will oil spray coming from the rear wheel area you may want to check your rear wheel bearing and axle sleals
Old 02-25-2003 | 10:26 PM
Almost a Member!

S500
Luke after switching wheels and everythoing they tell me I have a slight bent rim yet the wheels show balanced. I am confused can you enlighten me?
Old 02-26-2003 | 09:35 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
you can actually balance a cube but, it won't roll smoothly .... that diagnosis makes perfect sense .... just because it is balanced doesn't mean it is round