Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

General Exclaim UHP 265 30 ZR 19 all seasons?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
General Exclaim UHP 265 30 ZR 19 all seasons?

Just wanted to confirm if General Exclaim UHP 265 30 ZR 19's are ok for all seasons? And by that I mean light snow and not just a summer tire. Don't plan on driving the car when it snows, but when in a pinch, and I "have to" go somewhere in the snow, I don't want to die either.

Can someone comment on that?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
I have run the General Exclaim UHP on a 2005 E55 I had. Never really drove in the snow but in the wet was ok. Found that once the tire broke traction, which was easy to do, it didn't come back. It's a low cost tire that acts like a low cost tire.

MachC5
Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
The Exclaim UHP is General Tire's Ultra High Performance Summer tire that was developed for the drivers of sports cars, coupes and sedans. While meeting minimum tread design standards to be "M+S" branded, the Exclaim UHP is designed to provide high levels of traction, response and control in dry conditions, along with superior hydroplaning resistance in wet conditions. We do not suggest Exclaim UHP tires be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.