Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Are GLK350 Tires/Rims Easy to Damage???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 350
Question Are GLK350 Tires/Rims Easy to Damage???

Just bought and picked up my GLK350 this evening. I have until the close of business tomorrow (2/23/10) to decide on the 5-yr wheel & tire plan for $1,079. Lady in MB finance department told me these tires and rims get damaged very easily and more frequently than "regular tires/rims" and are very expensive to replace. Has any GLK owners experienced an increase in tire/rim damage with the GLK's (bumping curbs, etc.)?
I've never done any damage before to previous car tires/rims and find this a somewhat suspicious to get me to buy coverage. Is this something you think I should seriously consider? Don't want to make the wrong decision, but also don't want to throw almost $1100 away for nothing (or an extremely remote chance). Please let me know what you think! Buy wheel/tire coverage or not??? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
Ours has the 19" rims and 6,000 miles and no problems. My wife used to constantly ding the tires/rims on her e-class with low profile tires, so I'd say its not a huge risk with the GLK. Not sure if that holds true with the 20" rims which would be lower profile.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Mercedes Rules
Just bought and picked up my GLK350 this evening. I have until the close of business tomorrow (2/23/10) to decide on the 5-yr wheel & tire plan for $1,079. Lady in MB finance department told me these tires and rims get damaged very easily and more frequently than "regular tires/rims" and are very expensive to replace. Has any GLK owners experienced an increase in tire/rim damage with the GLK's (bumping curbs, etc.)?
I've never done any damage before to previous car tires/rims and find this a somewhat suspicious to get me to buy coverage. Is this something you think I should seriously consider? Don't want to make the wrong decision, but also don't want to throw almost $1100 away for nothing (or an extremely remote chance). Please let me know what you think! Buy wheel/tire coverage or not??? Thanks!
Massive ripoff. If you damage a rim, just buy a spare set of used OEMs at that time for a lot less than 1100