Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

ASR / BRAKE PROBLEM ADVICE NEEDED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E420
Question ASR / BRAKE PROBLEM ADVICE NEEDED

I need some helpful advice from someone who knows about MB. I just recently got a 1995 E420 for pretty cheap due to it needing some work done and i was told about a minor leak in a brake line. so i took it to a shop to see where it was cause i could find the leak but fluid was being drained pretty quick. The mecanic brought me out to the garage to show me the issue and he had the front driver side wheel well off and there was a componant that the fluid was spraying from, he told me he dont know much about MB but that he thinks the part is called a ABS/ASR Control Module and the price on it he showed me was like $2300. Does anyone know if that is the part and if so is there anywhere to get it alittle cheaper All i know is where the part is on the car and it pulls fluid from the resivoir and im guessing it puts in the lines. Any help at all would be greatfully appreciated cause I am new to MB and dont know anything. Thank You
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
try www.peachparts.com