Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

any suggestion to the 2 issue after 19 on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K
any suggestion to the 2 issue after 19 on?

1. my car is lowered with Brabus spring. (1.5 front, 1.25 rear) after i put on 19 x 8 (235) front and 19 x 9 (265) rear today, i noticed that my car raised a little bit. i have about 1.5 fingers gap between rear wheel and rear fender. when i turned really hard, i heard the rubbing sound on the back. but there is no rubbing with normal driving or speed bumb. DO I NEED TO ROLL MY FENDER? DOES FENDER ROLLING FIX ALL THE RUBBING FOR SURE? i didn't notice any rubbing or any strange noice from the front. so i should be fine with 235 tire? (2 finger gaps between front wheel and front fender)

2. i didn't pay attention to the feel of steering wheel after lowering coz i had alignment. today when i driving on the highway, i had hands off steering wheel and felt that car is pulling to right slowly. however, when i have my both hands on the steering wheel, i do not feel any force pulling to any direction. IS THAT BECAUSE 19 TIRE BEING TOO SENSITIVE TO THE ROAD OR IT MEANS I NEED TO DO THE ALIGNMENT AGAIN? OR U THINK I CAN'T AVOID THIS PROBLEM COZ MY CAR IS LOWERED? DO I NEED CAMBER BOLTS TO FIX IT OR ALIGNMENT OR DO NOTHING?

appriciate for any suggestion. thanks
Old 08-13-2003, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
1) u need to figure out if u'r rubbing on the inside or outside

2) wider tires definitely track ruts and stuff easier...many highways are slanted right anyway to offer easier drainage...make sure u do this test on a flat section...
Old 08-13-2003, 03:46 AM

C230K
thanks for ur input, Steve S

1. it's rubbing the inner fender, which is the side of the tire.

2. i'll try. need to find a flat road.......so hard!
Old 08-13-2003, 04:44 AM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remove your rear wheel on the passenger side and take a look at the trailing side of the fender, directly behind the 10 o-clock position. Where the rear bumper mates to the body there is a small tab that protrudes. I would start by grinding that down.

If your car makes noise only when cornering relatively hard that is probably all it is.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:13 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
what offset are the wheels ???
Old 08-14-2003, 05:34 AM

C230K
rrf and luck

thank you

my wheel offset are both 35 front and rear. i brought my car to one of the local performance shop today. they took a look at the rear inner fender, but no evidence of rubbing at all. however the rear bumper mates is falling down a bit. they said the place i got my body kit installed didn't do it right. so the mates are off and looks like it's the mate touching the tires when turning hard. i push the mate back to where it should be and no more sound from the rear. guess that's all. really happy that it's not rubbing. i will go back to the body shop and give them a finger. (j/k) thanks for everyone's help.