Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Brabus vs. Replicas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Rectal Plague

Clco is the only one with a sense of humor on this thread. You other spelunkerers are rectal! Lighten up, people! They are just pieces of metal!
Old 03-18-2004, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
I said authentic Brabus wheels have logo embossed on it and you said none of the wheels other than RSK and LM6 have logos. I guess I know much better than you because I've owned a set. Now you are saying "....Perharps Brabus is different and have the embossed logo....". Are you SURE Brabus have logo??? Where is it?? Please make sure you know exactly what you're saying first. "Perhaps!?"
Rondell #80 is LM-5 look-a-like, NOT replicas. Do you know what "replicas" mean? The spokes are different between #80 and LM5. Do you need me to point out their differences? You are only showing me a Mandarin looks very much like an Orange. I really suggest that if you dont know what you are talking about, please SHUT UP!

............obviously, this is some type opf a touchy subject for you. My point is that there are wheels other than the authentic wheels that are two piece. You can call them replicas or you can call them look alikes. Since your major reason for dishing out $6K is becaue the authentic wheels are two piece, I thought showing you non authentic two piece wheels will be useful. I have absolutely no xperience with brabus, but I do with lorinser wheels and I used the Lorinser as an example. Other than just the name, if you truly believe in your heart that there is actually some intrinsic difference between Lorinser wheels and Brabus wheels, then we definitely do not intellectually approach things the same way and you are right, there is no point in continuing the conversation. peace.

Ted
Old 03-18-2004, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
OKAY>>>enough already!

for the record....i browsed through the current Lorinser catalogue today at my friend's shop. The only 3 rims i saw that had "lorinser" somewhere on the front side of the rim, other than the center cap are these: RS-5, LM-1, and LM-2.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
OKAY>>>enough already!

for the record....i browsed through the current Lorinser catalogue today at my friend's shop. The only 3 rims i saw that had "lorinser" somewhere on the front side of the rim, other than the center cap are these: RS-5, LM-1, and LM-2.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
..........just for the record, the Lorinser authentic wheels infact DO NOT have logo on them except for LM6 and RSK3.

Ted
Wrong.

Old 03-18-2004, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...........this can go on forever. The newer wheels like the LM6 also have lorinser logo. The older wheels do not except for the ones already mentioned. Since the introduction of the Rondell two piece wheels, each new style Lorinser introduces has the logo. No point in starting a debate as to whether most Lorinser wheels have logo or not, that info is widely known.

Ted
Old 03-18-2004, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
. below is a replica two piece Lorinser LM5 wheel made by the same company RONdell(not Ronel) that I apparently makes the authentic ones as well.
Ted
the company that makes the brabus wheels is ronal not rondell, its two different comapnies...
Old 03-18-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
...........this can go on forever. The newer wheels like the LM6 also have lorinser logo. The older wheels do not except for the ones already mentioned. Since the introduction of the Rondell two piece wheels, each new style Lorinser introduces has the logo. No point in starting a debate as to whether most Lorinser wheels have logo or not, that info is widely known.

Ted
Changing your argument as you go along... convenient.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
............just so that buyers do not get confused. There are two piece non authentic wheels that look quite authentic especially when you add the centercaps with the embossed logo. These wheels look every bit like the authentic ones and cannot be diffferentiated from the authentic ones, except of course by one who ones to justify the $6K they spent on their authentc ones. So buyers for the most part do not need to spend even one third oof this ammount to get the look and performance they want.

............Secondly, specifically in the case of Lorinser.......most of their wheels(eg the popular LM5) do come in two piece non authentic version made by rondell and are virtually indistinguishable fom the authentic ones once mounted on your car.

...........The whole point behind all this rambling is to dtermine whether there was a significant difference between the authentic or non-authentic wheels. I never said replicas and authentics are the same, rather I said I do not think that there are any significant differences. Even when you buy a one piece replica, it looks just the same and your car does not drive any differently. I understand the good feeling of knowing that you own the genuine article. But we are not talking about a painting or a gemstone, we talking about a piece of metal that someone makes cheaply and sells for $6K. No one that has spent $6K has so far given any reason why such an expenditure makes sense. I do spend just as much on mods as anyone else on the forum, so for me this not a cost issue, it is a "value for your mopney" issue. I think it will be incorrect for a ptentil buyer to leave with the impression that replicas are cheap appearing and perform poorly. This is simply not true.

Ted
Old 04-26-2004, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...........For those interested in buying replica wheels but are being discouraged by vendors who make their living by selling only authentics: If you ignore the vendors and buy the replica you want, this what your wheel might look like..........Not bad, I think.

LINK

Ted
Old 05-01-2004, 12:31 PM

hello group,

id like to clairify a little i hope on the brabus question.

a real two piece brabus rim can be differentiated by two minor details from the "knockoff" replica brabus version.

1) the brabus logo. There is an "embossed" (raised) logo of "BRABUS" on the lower lip of the rim on every original brabus rim. It is true you can get center caps but the replicas will be missing this raised embossed logo on the lower lip of the rim. All you have to do is "look" real quickly.

2) When you see a real two piece rim, you can see a division between the two pieces. ON the replica, it looks like all one piece with no division.

To a car enthusiast, it stands out like night and day but to the average "joe" i doubt he/she even knows the name of the real brand.

i recently put authentic brabus rims on my e class, and my friend opted for the "replica" versions. Because theyre not made quite the same, he had some slight rubbing on the inside of the fender where the nut of the arm hangs over the tire. ON mine i did not have this problem. he had to have the thread holding the nut shaved. When he backs up he hears grinding noises. i dont. and when hes traveling around 60 he vibrates. i dont. keep in mind we had the same drop, same tire, same exact car. the replicas are not exactly the same size size as the authentic ones.

p.s. as far as i know, there are no REPLICA "one piece" rims made, only the authentic ones.

i hope this answered everyones questions on the brabus topic.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:03 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by oggle
Wrong.

muhahah...sooo OWNED
Old 05-14-2004, 01:16 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by sprng73
To a car enthusiast, it stands out like night and day but to the average "joe" i doubt he/she even knows the name of the real brand.

i recently put authentic brabus rims on my e class, and my friend opted for the "replica" versions. Because theyre not made quite the same, he had some slight rubbing on the inside of the fender where the nut of the arm hangs over the tire. ON mine i did not have this problem. he had to have the thread holding the nut shaved. When he backs up he hears grinding noises. i dont. and when hes traveling around 60 he vibrates. i dont. keep in mind we had the same drop, same tire, same exact car. the replicas are not exactly the same size size as the authentic ones.

true, yet soo not true. being a car enthusiast doesn't mean they need to know about OUR cars, meaning for people on BMW forums when I posted pictures of my replicas they asked "those are the LM-6, right?"etc and I have to tell them it's replica. Keep in mind these are people that knows tons about their Bimmers. I do keep track for both side btw because I had a 00 328Ci.

the rims on your friends vs yours are not the same, you can't treat them w/ the same point of view because the width or the offset might be different than yours. Usually rubbing is not caused by the rims quality but these two differences. also, authentic doesn't mean you can balance the rims perfectly everytime. My bro has the OZ comp II on his ride for years. It has never been perfectly balanced since new, and YES, the rims are authentic. Difference in tire wearing can also cause vibrations.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 AM

ronal != rondell

...it's kind of annoying everytime someone claims the replicas are made by the same company the makes the authentic ones. ronal makes brabus, carlsson, lorinser, etc. wheels, NOT rondell.

http://www.ronal.de/english/knowhow/maerkte.htm

in any case, the brabus replicas do look pretty good, but i've never seen two piece brabus replicas...
Old 05-26-2004, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.....with the price of a Kleemann V8 suparcharger dropping to $12K installed, I personally think that spending $6K on rims just so you can say they are authentic is kinda dumb.

When he backs up he hears grinding noises. i dont

..........As a car enthusiast, I am sure the you don't think that the grinding noise is because his rims are replicas. I am sure you know that the most common reason for the grinding noise is when the lug nuts are too long and thay grind against your rear brake assembly. Can happen with whatever wheel you have, even one that is personally manufactured by Jesus Christ himself/herself. The solution is to use the appropriate length lug nuts.

Ted
Old 05-27-2004, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
just for the record, and i stand by what Harris says..

if you look in this pic

http://www.pbase.com/image/21121410

http://www.pbase.com/image/21121378

there is a brabus logo right next to the valve stem on the CENTER PIECE of the multi-piece wheel.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Originally posted by AMG BRED
just for the record, and i stand by what Harris says..
if you look in this pic

http://www.pbase.com/image/21121410
http://www.pbase.com/image/21121378

there is a brabus logo right next to the valve stem on the CENTER PIECE of the multi-piece wheel.
Not reason enough to spend 5K on wheels.

Last edited by theine; 05-27-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by theine
Not reason enough to spend 5K on wheels.
guaranteed fitment, less prune to bending, better overall finish and quality.. i think it's justified.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:46 PM

2018 S550
Fakes or Real?

Originally Posted by s5_lover
Is there a way to identify real Brabus wheels vs the replicas?

Thx
Can someone please help me out. I’m looking to buy this used 2022 S580 with these Brabus wheels and would like to know what style they are and if they are real or knock off? Thanks Fellas!!