Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Brabus vs. Replicas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus vs. Replicas

Is there a way to identify real Brabus wheels vs the replicas?

Thx
Old 03-09-2004, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course, replicas look different. Also, replicas are all one-piece wheels. They LOOK two-piece, actually, they are not. Authentic Brabus wheel has "Brabus" embossed on the center piece.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:37 AM

ML 320 CDI
If you use the search fonction on this website, you'll find a lot of threads on this subject.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by Harris
Of course, replicas look different. Also, replicas are all one-piece wheels. They LOOK two-piece, actually, they are not. Authentic Brabus wheel has "Brabus" embossed on the center piece.
i've also noticed that the replica two-piece "look" wheels will have a long valve stem sticking out, looking out of place, while the real ones will not,,,
Old 03-11-2004, 02:27 PM

05 SLK350, 06 ML350
Always get your Brabus from the Authorized Dealer in your area. I'll try to post the high res pics of all Brabus wheels up here soon so you can have something to compare with.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Banned

'97 Volvo 850 GLT
Hey if your looking to buy some rims, drop me an e-mail. I've got a few sets of left. My e-mail address is TrickDOut@bellsouth.net
Old 03-16-2004, 05:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...........I just wanted to add that what has been said so far is completely untrue. There are two piece replica wheels. No the valve stem does not stick out any more than the authentic ones. No, the center piece does not mean anything. You can buy a brabbus embossed center piece and apply it to the center of your replica wheels. It is all interchangeable. In my mind, the only reason to justify spending the incredible ammount on an "authentic" rim is for your own personal satisfaction of knowing that you have the genuine article. This is becoming very hard since the same companies are now making the "authentic" and the replica wheels. If you think that anyone else will notice the difference, you are mostly incorrect.

Ted
Old 03-16-2004, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
...........I just wanted to add that what has been said so far is completely untrue. There are two piece replica wheels. No the valve stem does not stick out any more than the authentic ones. No, the center piece does not mean anything. You can buy a brabbus embossed center piece and apply it to the center of your replica wheels. It is all interchangeable. In my mind, the only reason to justify spending the incredible ammount on an "authentic" rim is for your own personal satisfaction of knowing that you have the genuine article. This is becoming very hard since the same companies are now making the "authentic" and the replica wheels. If you think that anyone else will notice the difference, you are mostly incorrect.

Ted
Can you show me a pic or a link of a true two-piece replica wheel? And perhaps a replica wheel with the logo embossed on it?

Are you saying replicas are EXACTLY the same as authentics???
Old 03-16-2004, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by Harris
Can you show me a pic or a link of a true two-piece replica wheel? And perhaps a replica wheel with the logo embossed on it?

Are you saying replicas are EXACTLY the same as authentics???
I've yet to see a true two-piece replica or one with the embossed logo either... also, from what I know, authentic wheels are made from much higher quality materials, are lighter, stronger, fit better, and have a different finish than most of replicas out there--
Harris, can you back me up on that??!!
Old 03-16-2004, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by moa4r
I've yet to see a true two-piece replica or one with the embossed logo either... also, from what I know, authentic wheels are made from much higher quality materials, are lighter, stronger, fit better, and have a different finish than most of replicas out there--
Harris, can you back me up on that??!!
Sure, thats why I asked Ted to show us some PROOF. Not that I dont believe in him, a picture always tell a thousand words!!

Even AMG replicas would not have "AMG" embossed on the wheel.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...............you are talking about a logo embossed on the center cap. The center cap can be purchased separately from any vendor. You simply apply the authentic center cap to your replica wheel. Te center caps are all interchangeable. You can even use brabus center caps on lorinser wheels or etc. The center cap is really a non issue.

Ted
Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
...............you are talking about a logo embossed on the center cap. The center cap can be purchased separately from any vendor. You simply apply the authentic center cap to your replica wheel. Te center caps are all interchangeable. You can even use brabus center caps on lorinser wheels or etc. The center cap is really a non issue.

Ted
he is talking about on the actual wheel. Not the center cap.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
below is his original comment.

Of course, replicas look different. Also, replicas are all one-piece wheels. They LOOK two-piece, actually, they are not. Authentic Brabus wheel has "Brabus" embossed on the center piece

Ted
Old 03-16-2004, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
..........if you are interested in the brabus emblem embossed on the wheel itself, you maybe even more dissappointed. If Brabus is anything like Lorinser, neither the authentic nor the replica wheels have the logo embossed on them except for the LM6 and the RSK wheels. This means that the popular Lorinser LM5 wheels DO NOT have lorinser logo anywhere. You simply dish out $6K for the wheels and you are given four center caps with embossed logo. Like I said, these center caps can simply be applied to a replica wheel to create the "authentic" look. listen, I personally feel that spending $6K alone when you can get a V6 supercharger installed for $9K and V8 Kleemann supercharger installed for $12K is not something I would do. But don't let me talk you out of it.

Ted
Old 03-16-2004, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
..........if you are interested in the brabus emblem embossed on the wheel itself, you maybe even more dissappointed. If Brabus is anything like Lorinser, neither the authentic nor the replica wheels have the logo embossed on them except for the LM6 and the RSK wheels. This means that the popular Lorinser LM5 wheels DO NOT have lorinser logo anywhere. You simply dish out $6K for the wheels and you are given four center caps with embossed logo. Like I said, these center caps can simply be applied to a replica wheel to create the "authentic" look. listen, I personally feel that spending $6K alone when you can get a V6 supercharger installed for $9K and V8 Kleemann supercharger installed for $12K is not something I would do. But don't let me talk you out of it.

Ted
all the brabus wheels have the logo embossed on them and are made by ronel in germany, which will also be embossed on the back of the wheel, along with the serial numbers of the wheels...again, the wheels are higher quality, are stronger, lighter, and have a better finish than the replicas,,,wheather they are worth the difference in price, that's a matter of personal opnion, but there is a signifinicant differenence between the real wheels and the fake wheels...
Old 03-17-2004, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ted: my original statement says ...."Of course, replicas look different. Also, replicas are all one-piece wheels. They LOOK two-piece, actually, they are not. Authentic Brabus wheel has "Brabus" embossed on the center piece....."

PLEASE NOTE: I said CENTER PIECE, NOT CAP!!! I have owned a set of authentic Brabus wheels for a year. And I know EXACTLY where the Brabus logo is embossed. With you challenging us saying Brabus wheels do not have any wording embossed on the wheel means you have never owned one, so I would suggest you to keep quiet before you know exactly what you are talking about.

Sure you can say you wouldnt pay 6K for a set of wheels, but please DO NOT make statements like replicas are the same as authentic. They are NOT!

And I asked for a link or pics of replicas with true two-piece constructions and I have yet to see any from you. Until you can show us something, again, please dont make any misleading comment anymore.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:38 AM

ML 320 CDI
Again and again, we have the same discussion with the same arguments.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
All i know is that i get lots of compliments on my replica VI's. More than i did w/ my authentic LM-1's. I think what Ted is trying to say is that for the $4K that you save by buying the replicas, there isn't a 4K difference in appearance. They look pretty damn nice. Yes, they don't have the brabus stamp on the rim in any place, and they are one-piece instead of 2.....who cares? *****! they look bad-a$$ on my car =)
Old 03-17-2004, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
.....the only reason to justify spending the incredible amount on an "authentic" rim is for your own personal satisfaction of knowing that you have the genuine article.
This is sooo true! You can buy a whole set of replica wheels for the price of one original, if your ego is so big that you need to spend the extra 3 or 4,000 dollars on them, go ahead....who cares....only you!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
I have Authentic Brabus replicas.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
..........just for the record, the Lorinser authentic wheels infact DO NOT have logo on them except for LM6 and RSK3.

Ted
Old 03-17-2004, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
And I asked for a link or pics of replicas with true two-piece constructions and I have yet to see any from you. Until you can show us something, again, please dont make any misleading comment anymore.

.........wow! you are really animated about your authentic brabus wheels. Good for you. below is a replica two piece Lorinser LM5 wheel made by the same company RONdell(not Ronel) that I apparently makes the authentic ones as well. I have personally actually inspected the Lorinser wheel line up at Atlanta Classic cars and to my suprise, only the LM6 and the RSK3 have logo embossed on them. Perharps Brabus is different and have the embossed logo........but there are definitely two piece replica wheels available of any major brand.

The ebay item number is 2465559460

Ted
Old 03-17-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Just for the record the ASA ST4 wheels, which are double spoke mercedes benz replicas are made out of an original amg mold, just without the amg name on it...and ASA is licensed by BBS.

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/goto.asp?id=27941
Old 03-17-2004, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rondell #80 is LM-5 look-a-like, NOT replicas. Do you know what "replicas" mean? The spokes are different between #80 and LM5. Do you need me to point out their differences? You are only showing me a Mandarin looks very much like an Orange. I really suggest that if you dont know what you are talking about, please SHUT UP!

I said authentic Brabus wheels have logo embossed on it and you said none of the wheels other than RSK and LM6 have logos. I guess I know much better than you because I've owned a set. Now you are saying "....Perharps Brabus is different and have the embossed logo....". Are you SURE Brabus have logo??? Where is it?? Please make sure you know exactly what you're saying first. "Perhaps!?"

"....but there are definitely two piece replica wheels available of any major brand....." Where???? What major brand has true two-piece replicas??? The Rondell #80??? Call Wheel exchange and ask them if the Rondell #80 is a LM5 replica and see what they will tell you. Show me one Brabus, one Carlsson and one AMG two-piece replica please.

Your attitude of trying to win every argument with WRONG SUBSTANTIATION really bugs me. And the most frustrating part is you know nothing about these things but pretend that you do.... The topic is "Brabus vs. replica" NOT "Lorinser vs. replica".

Say whatever you want to say as I will not be responding to this thread anymore.

Last edited by Harris; 03-17-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Almost a Member!

'99 E430
Heck, I made my own wheels from old wire hangers. These are not only originals, but they are the lightest rims out and are one of a kind. I wrote my name on them with a Sharpee marker.
The only problem was after I mounted them, the car just drops straight to the ground. These rims sure are light though.

JUST KIDDING!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brabus vs. Replicas