Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Lookin to drop the front!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Lookin to drop the front!

Hey everyone, I am looking to drop the front of my car... I just put on 19's...the back is perfect, but the front has like 4 finger gap, looking to drop it to 2 fingers...maybe half inch. What do you guys recommmend....also consider that I just blew a shiet load of money on my 19's..... Maybe cutting the springs as an option....I heard going to a lower number pad????
Old 04-05-2004, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
yes, you can lower the number on your spring pad....if you are at a 4 right now, drop it down to a 1. I believe each number is a difference of about .25 inch.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is NO spring pads in the front of the C230K. If you want to drop the front, your best bet is to get a set of H&R springs. It gives you the most drop among all lowering springs in the market. Personally, I dont suggest changing the springs in the front only or cutting the springs. The money that you spend on cutting the springs can almost buy you a set already.

clkal: I really feel bad picking on you, but please, please do everybody a favor here....stop pretending to be an expert and commenting on things that you don't know, dont mislead people all the time. OK??
Old 04-07-2004, 05:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by Harris
There is NO spring pads in the front of the C230K. If you want to drop the front, your best bet is to get a set of H&R springs. It gives you the most drop among all lowering springs in the market. Personally, I dont suggest changing the springs in the front only or cutting the springs. The money that you spend on cutting the springs can almost buy you a set already.

clkal: I really feel bad picking on you, but please, please do everybody a favor here....stop pretending to be an expert and commenting on things that you don't know, dont mislead people all the time. OK??
my bad , harris. i didn't pay close attention to which model car he had....shoulda looked more closely. The difference between you and me is the fact that I can admit I'm wrong when I am. You can't. Anyways, don't start flaming me like you did before, and then go running to the moderators , telling them that I am harrassing you. They all saw that YOu were the instigator...LOL.

Last edited by clkal; 04-07-2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by clkal
my bad , harris. i didn't pay close attention to which model car he had....shoulda looked more closely. The difference between you and me is the fact that I can admit I'm wrong when I am. You can't. Anyways, don't start flaming me like you did before, and then go running to the moderators , telling them that I am harrassing you. They all saw that YOu were the instigator...LOL.
Sorry, I NEVER EVER do anything behind someone's back. And I have NEVER EVER told any of the moderators here that you're harrassing me. I guess you have way over-estimated yourself, you dont WORTH it AT ALL, sorry.