Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

S03 v. F1 GS-D3 v. PS2 v. Pzero Rosso v. Ts1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
S03 v. F1 GS-D3 v. PS2 v. Pzero Rosso v. Ts1

I've got PZero Rosso's (OEM) on the rear of my C32 (245/40ZR17), and on the front (225/45ZR17). My rear tires are getting pretty bald and will need to be replaced here pretty soon. My front tires are fine.

I've been looking at different Tires and am trying to narrow it down among these contenders:

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
Pirelli PZero Rosso
Toyo TS-1

I've looked over the reviews at Tire Rack and it looks like the PS-2's are great handling tires. My additional concerns are ride comfort and noise comfort over the length of the tire's life. While Tirerack was able to review the tires new, everyone here should have some experience with the tires in everyday and long term usage.

For example, one of my buddies said the S-03's were really nice and grippy, but got pretty loud as they got older.

I guess what I want is a fairly quiet tire over the length of its life as well as a good performance. The Rosso's I have on there now have about 18,000 miles on them and do not seem loud to me. When cold they're pretty slick, but once warmed up they still stick pretty well (even though mostly bald).

Any real world suggestions and/or comments about these tires would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:58 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
here are the test results from our testing

when considering your ride quality and tire life requirements I would recommend the Eagle F1 GS-D3