Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

How to remove stains on rims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 08:03 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
2009 E550, 2011 GL550, 2013 GL550
How to remove stains on rims?

2013 GL550 with Brabus 22" Wheels. I've been taking the GL to the dealer for car washes this past few months since I drive by there all the time. However, today I was handwashing the car myself and noticed that there are these stains on my rims? They look like brake dust stains or soap scum/hard water stains?.... Does anyone have any product they use that would be able to get the baked on stains out? Pictures attached. I've tried washing and scrubbing them hard but to no avail.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2001 SLK 2017 Chevy Bolt, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Most wheels are clear coated, you can use a clear coat compound to take out the stains and scratches.

Clear coat compounds are not all the same, some of the really fine formulas will have you rubbing your arm off to get out the stain.

You need a clear coat compound with a slightly heavier grit to cut the stain off the coat, then a light duty grit to polish them with.

I buy 2 of them one is by 3m its called Clear Cut, and to finish, I use Mcguires Ultra Clear coat polishing compound, to polish to a shine.