Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

rubbing in la, help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 320
rubbing in la, help

I just put on some hre 447's and there is some serious rubbing on dips in the highway and some street bumps. I see strips of tire coming off. Anyways what is the cheapest solution that will work. Roll my fenders, use thicker pads, change my springs back to stock, or change the tires? I'm running 255s in the back on 19x10 wheels and they stick out a little, like a quarter inch or so and 0 finger spacing. Please recommend a shop near west la and a option. Thanks a lot guys. Also, anyone know a good powdercoat place?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:17 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
were the 447rs new or were they made for another car? is the rubbing in the front or back or both? also what tires are you running the HREs on?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:11 AM

2003 CLK 320
Thanks to the guys at F1 motorsport, got my fenders rolled to the max, much better but still rubs on big dips. Anyways, I got these used from wide_w203 with conti contactsport2 in the back. The offset is not right I guess, so I think either shave the back down to reduce the offset or put in some bigger spring pads. What do you guys think is a better way to go? At least I got some nice lip now...