Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Bent Chrome Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300E 2.5; 2001 SL500
Bent Chrome Wheel

I hit a horrible pothole about a month ago and bent my passenger side front rim. I noticed 3 days later I had lost air. Put air in and tire seemed fine for several weeks. It's been almost a month now and yesterday morning tire was almost completely flat. Put air in this morning and it seems fine.

Is it possible for me to have the rim fixed or will I most likely need to purchase a new one? Is this dangerous until I can replace the wheel?

Old 09-15-2004, 12:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
most tire shops can tell you where to get rims fixed. if not, they can outsource the job by charging a higher price. look under yellow pages for wheel repair. The job is around $120 / rim plus extra if chrome. So, your best bet is to look for an identical rim that's used from either internet or junk yard.

You can drive for a while but just keep filling up the air often. If you have a spare that's full size, you may want to use it to save the hassle
Old 09-15-2004, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too was in a similair situation except when i tried to replace a rim that was 4yrs old, I came to find that it was discontinued (niche serpents) and could not find them anywhere...which now forces me to buy wheels in sets of 5