Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tires out of round and installed wrong.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires out of round and installed wrong.

I had new Pilot Sports put on my C230 about 6 months ago. It turns out that the two rear tires were put on backwards(in the wrong direction). I didn't find this out until 3,000 miles after they were installed. I just took the car to the Mercedes dealership for service. They told me the back tires were almost completely worn out(after 9,000 miles), the front ones were still in decent shape. Is this because the back two had 3,000 miles put on them before they were put on in the right direction? They also said all four tires were out of round.

The dealership didn't put the tires on a machine to check if they were out of round. Is it possible to detect out of round tires visually? How do you check to see if a tire is out of round(road force test?)?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:56 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
running them backwards would have zero effect on the wear of a tire .... and I don't know anybody that can detect an out of round tire by just looking at it and all four being our of round is extremely rare ..... does the car have vibration issues?