Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Beware: Tires Buy Mark in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Beware: Tires Buy Mark in Los Angeles

Oy, what a headache. I just got back from Tires Buy Mark in Canoga Park, CA. This was the fifth (!) time in a row that I went there to get my new wheels and tires installed, and they, yet again, forgot to order them. I've taken days off of work, gone there on the weekend - everything, and it's always been a different excuse. I ask Terry, the guy behind the counter today if they screw all of their customers this way, and he said, "We've been screwing our customers for 35 years!" Mark has never offered a discount on the wheels for my trouble or even apologized for every time I go there only to be turned away after a promised install date. I was so angry today, then I was at the counter, and Terry said, "Hey, if you want to stick around, go ahead." I told him I planned on talking to his customers, and he gave me the go-ahead for that as well. Customers weren't coming in, so I looked at an invoice on the counter and called the number on that, and spoke to a guy named John. I told him of my bad experience at Tires Buy Mark and ended our conversation. Terry threatened to call the police, which I took as his revocation to my permission to stay, so I left. God I hate that place.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
I don't work for TireRack or have stock in them when I say this..... TireRack is
great for their customer service, sales and shipping have always been excellent.
They can have the whole tire package ready for you to mount. Any shop can
mount (if you don't have the time). It's an excellent way to go.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
why keep going back, you said they forget to order your rims and tires. or why not call before you go down? i def would not have let it get this far, thats crazy
Old 02-07-2005, 08:49 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
I wouldn't forget to order your wheels
Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 PM

how about cancelling the order and finding elsewhere to go? Whatever they're selling, a dozen shops in SoCal probably have.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:43 PM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Yeah, they were recommended by the broker I got my car from... They're so damn rude to their customers. I called my broker, so hopefully, he can steer me somewhere else.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:49 PM

06 M3
Why not find someone on your own from here?
Old 02-08-2005, 01:03 AM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
I would never take my MB to Tires Buy Mark, the guy is a shyster, I always joke he is a "dont ask me where I got the tires from, and I wont ask you where you got your cash from" outfit. that said when I was poor and needed a decent set of tires cheaply he was my go to guy. Wolf
Old 02-15-2005, 02:36 PM

I'm not going to say that Tires Buy Mark is the best tire shop in the world, because frankly anyone who walks in there knows it's not the prettiest and most efficiently running store, but I've been going to the guy for over 4.5 years now, referred plenty of people, and can never find a place that gets tires cheaper installed than him. Maybe I haven't looked around enough??

If there are "a dozen shops in SoCal"...can someone please direct me towards a competatively priced tire shop (preferably near the San Fernando Valley) that can match prices but offer better quality of service? I *defintely* wouldn't mind checking another place out...it's just that I have no choice when he quotes me the insane prices that he gives.....

Last edited by Seedster; 02-15-2005 at 03:02 PM.