Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Unsold

got scammed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by e50zero
I met a member on this forum BRABUS_E500 and purchased some things from him a while ago and basically never got half of the things including wheels and tires. Now I have no idea how to get a hold of him and am out a lot of $$$..this sucks because I am pretty tolerant with stuff but I thought I would put this out there and see if anyone can help me.

So lets get this straight. Last sign in for this member was 05/09. A year and a half later you come on this forum and are asking for help. I'm confused. A while ago should not be 1 1/2 years.

$0.02
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300, sport, black/black
I exchanged a few PM's with him back in '09. At the time he said he lived in Del Mar, CA.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:01 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Weird story, hopefully we're getting the full gist of it. Sucks you've been had, but definitely learn from this mistake. When dealing with money, and buying/selling, never trust ANYONE!!!! Cover your own a$$.

I remember him, he used to post here a lot, when I first signed up. Didn't seem like the type of guy who would do something like that, but I guess you never know.

Benz-O-Rama coming through with the detective work, lol.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
benz-o-rama thanks for all the info. i will try to use that info.

basically for a while i was trying to get a hold of him and he would reply but one day it just stopped and i just gave up. I decided i would try this method and see if i could find more info about this guy and thankfully to some members like yourself i have more info.

I purchased a euro command from him and he was supposed to get the wheels for me but ended up not delivering them. It was my bad to trust him and was pretty embarrased i let this happen to me but figured i would give it one more shot and see what happens. The name Janet sounds familiar because he would mention he had a business partner in some clothing business. He went by the name of Jay.
Thanks again!

Last edited by e50zero; 12-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 w204
make a police reprot