Error P0108 DTC MIL not present?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Error P0108 DTC MIL not present?

Last night I was driving home and the check engine light came on with no error message or indication that anything was wrong. Car seemed to drive normal and there was nothing obvious. I expected the light to go off this morning when I started the car, but it was still on. Car started and ran (seemingly) fine.

Used the DashDyno to check the error and it said it was P0108 DTC MIL not present. Any idea what that is? Google has a little info but it is from another vehicle - P0101 Error.
Reading that, I can get a general idea, but does this same thing apply to our cars? What would need fixed, if anything? I'm due for my service B and still have warranty, so hopefully it's something that would be covered. (My dealership is great about covering everything even after the mods)
Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
From the info I have, P0108 is Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input. I got this a few weeks ago during one of my 1/4 mile runs at Atco. In my case it was overboost. I cleared it and that was it. In your case if your car was not in the overboost condition, then maybe the MAP sensor is going bad or just needs cleaning. Unless your warranty is about to expire, I would wait to see if it happens again.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Lenin
From the info I have, P0108 is Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input. I got this a few weeks ago during one of my 1/4 mile runs at Atco. In my case it was overboost. I cleared it and that was it. In your case if your car was not in the overboost condition, then maybe the MAP sensor is going bad or just needs cleaning. Unless your warranty is about to expire, I would wait to see if it happens again.
Warranty expires some time in 2010 but I need to get the exact date. I won't own this car w/o a warranty.

My check engine light has been on since it happened, but I haven't cleared the code yet either. I will go ahead and clear the code and I guess wait and see if it happens again. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by Lenin
What happened with yours Lenin? Had the car go to sort of limp pulled over and restarted, this happened a good couple of times. Was driving hard. IC is good, TB good,pump good, TB wires replaced etc. Have reset the code and was good for a hard drive home. Did your over boost repeat? What was ur fix?
Cheers,
Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 AM

Porsche 2004 911
double post
Old 01-22-2014, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by macbryanie
What happened with yours Lenin? Had the car go to sort of limp pulled over and restarted, this happened a good couple of times. Was driving hard. IC is good, TB good,pump good, TB wires replaced etc. Have reset the code and was good for a hard drive home. Did your over boost repeat? What was ur fix?
Cheers,
I used my dashdaq to clear the code. Restart the car and the CEL goes away. At the time I was running a 181mm SC pulley with the stock crank pulley and would only get P0108 at only the track once or twice per session. Have not run well at the track since a year ago at MIR where I broke my axle. So, no codes for a year. What pulley combination are you running?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 PM

Porsche 2004 911
Thank you for reply Lenin. HP modwise- running the EC61mm with EC tune, NW headers. MAP(oem) was replaced about 4 months ago and rewired the TB cable*. This morning commute has ruled out overboost as it is intermittent and the power returns without restart. Its first day out of shop for control arm repair (spun out to some grass playing silly buggers) and whilst at the shop I had the IC pressure tested - considering the MAP is on the IC I will play with the connections on weekend with indie friend at the shop. Quaife going in, recieved the axle kit from Birds. Looking forward to it.
Will post the boost cut/ loss of power P0108 fix if when I find it.

*throwing p0120 and surge idle

Last edited by macbryanie; 01-22-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:00 AM

Porsche 2004 911
Reset codes, had purged all air from coolant system as one of the Needswings iso kit taps were one and the other off. (Indie must have left one on) IATs were way high etc. Two days of madness in some good hot weather and no boost cut. Quaife on hold till indie mate is more free. Waiting for a 12 piece kit-control arm,tie rod kit etc and some coilovers.
Happydays.