Old 07-17-2011, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Chevy Tahoe
Few Questions.

Its Almost about time to get a new car.

Im In between a E63(5.5TT) when it becomes available
or
2012 C63 Sedan when it becomes available

Ive Driven both of the outgoing models and loved the way they drove..
especially the C

E63:
-I like the Space inside
-Its a more practical car for me
Few reasons why i dont like the E63
-The price
-Not sure about the look
-SQUARE PIPES (Hideous)

C63:
-Ive always loved the C63 and almost bought one.
Few reason why i havnt purchased a C63
-for 70,000+ car i think Leather should be stock..
-Automatic Closed trunk
-Airmatic Suspension (Automatic suspension in stead of Set suspension)
-Its a very compact car im 6"4.

If you could give some info and what you think.
This is not a response to rip on the C63, i love the car, but im just in between the two.

Thanks
-Mason

Last edited by masonaw; 07-17-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by masonaw

or

especially the C

E63:
-I like the Space inside
-The price
-Not sure about the look
-SQUARE PIPES (Hideous)

C63:
-Automatic Closed trunk

This is not a response to rip on the C63, i love the car, but im just in between the two.

Thanks
-Mason
I think the E63 with 5.5 TT best suits you. your a tall man and the C-class wont be comfortable for you. The E-clas has a new developed engine and is more comfortable
Old 07-17-2011, 02:31 AM

2008 Chevy Tahoe
Originally Posted by jacob502
I think the E63 with 5.5 TT best suits you. your a tall man and the C-class wont be comfortable for you. The E-clas has a new developed engine and is more comfortable
Thanks for the info.

Also how do you like your SL63 My Uncle is looking into buying one and is not sure how bad the ride will be from his S class.

He is trying to get rid of his S550, Corvette z06, and 61 Corvette and get an all in one car.

-Mason
Old 07-17-2011, 03:07 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
The stock C63 seats are half leather half cloth with no seating memory. In my option it actually looks better since it is two tone.

Sheep
Old 07-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Banned

Thanks for the info.

Also how do you like your SL63 My Uncle is looking into buying one and is not sure how bad the ride will be from his S class.

He is trying to get rid of his S550, Corvette z06, and 61 Corvette and get an all in one car.

-Mason

My SL63 is super. I love it. The most beautiful and most comfortable roadster I have ever driven .But with all honesty, from an economical point of view ,If I were your Uncle right now I wouldnt buy it. The new SL63 with the 5.5 TT is coming out next year. Have him sell his cars and wait for a few months to get the New roadster. I'm certainly looking forward in getting myself one.

Last edited by jacob502; 07-17-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 07-17-2011, 05:06 AM

2012 C63 (On the way)

or

especially the C

E63:
-I like the Space inside
-The price
-Not sure about the look
-SQUARE PIPES (Hideous)

C63:
-Automatic Closed trunk

Thanks
-Mason
Hey Mason, you can not go wrong with either one of them. I was in a similar situation just last week. I was debating on completing my existing 2012 c63 order with the dealer, or changing it to the 2012 CLS550 because for a $1,000 more I was getting better exterior looks (so I thought at first), bigger car, and the latest and greatest design from Merc. After careful consideration, I stuck with the C63.. Reasons why: I was able to customize the entire car inside and out and still come $1,000 below the MSRP of the CLS550. I mean I loaded loaded up the C63. I am also 6'4 and I sat in the new C series at the dealership and I must say it felt more roomy than the CLS550.. I know you are comparing it to the E63, but I was comparing it to the CLS. The upgrades and re-designs they put in the C63 are just like the E or the CLS. It is beautiful now inside.. I was impressed..

As for the E63, I originally debated this vehicle over the C63, but i wanted to customize my entire vehicle inside and out, and by the time I was finished adding everything to the E, it didn't make financial sense for me.. Plus like you said in your post, I am not sure about the look either.. I also do not like the square pipes or the grill. I mean you mentioned that you always loved the C and almost bought one. Go with your heart on this one man. That is what I had to do.. I mean you will not have any regrets with any AMG you buy, so why not pocket the extra $20,000 and get the C63... Do you know what you can do with that extra $20,000? ha-ha... The C63 is plenty big enough, fast enough, and what I like is that it doesn't look all futuristic and aerodynamic like some of these vehicles coming out today do. It still looks like luxury muscle car.. Love that balance.

It is a tuff decision. I went back and forth for weeks over it.. I probably lost a few strands of hair from stressing on picking the right car. But I decided to stay with the C63 like I mentioned above and I feel every time I hear that exhaust purr, I will know I made the right decision. And after speaking with Carlsson on the phone, they told me the natural aspired V8 is the best sounding amg engine out of all of them now since the rest switched to the new merc engines and the C63 stuck with the naturally aspired. So it will sound better than the e63.. Hope this helps.. Good luck
Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by Sheep
The stock C63 seats are half leather half cloth with no seating memory. In my option it actually looks better since it is two tone.

Sheep
I agree, I have the two-tone seats with a two-tone interior and optional wood, and I think it looks great, in fact better than all-leather, one-tone dash, and no wood.

Also, if I recall correctly, the "leather" for the two-tone seats is actually fake leather, but it feels pretty good to me.

The C63 is my first car without leather, and now I don't miss the leather at all.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4

or

especially the C

E63:
-I like the Space inside
-The price
-Not sure about the look
-SQUARE PIPES (Hideous)

C63:
-Automatic Closed trunk

Thanks
-Mason
I agree with your comparison and it will come down to what your priorities are.

The E63 is more spacious, more comfy, has more features, and is plenty fast on both road and track, but the C63 is more raw and I think more fun.

Also, if you keep the options reasonable in the C63, you can save over $30K relative to the E63.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
When I bought my c63 I also was comparing it to a left over e63 as they were discounting the 2010 e63 $25k and I was ordering my 2011 c63.
For me it came down to what I was using the car for--the c63 is just a fun/weekend car for me, if it was DD I would go for the e63.
Especially the 2011 and later e63 with leather dash, alcantara headliner and CF trim.
Yes, the c63 is more fun and sporty, but the e63 is a great monster in it's own right.

Why aren't you considering the cls63?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
I agree with you SpecialForces. Mercs have stayed with its heritage and aesthetics. Many of today's vehicles are becoming futuristic and rounded/curvy. One of the reasons I loved the W204 was its body style. I am still a fan of the W203's. One of my favorites.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM

2012 C63 (On the way)
I need advice. Should I got with the Diamond White, alpine white, or black on my 2012 c63 ?? .. And which black looks the best.. I know there are few to choose from.. Please help.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by SpecialForces21
I need advice. Should I got with the Diamond White, alpine white, or black on my 2012 c63 ?? .. And which black looks the best.. I know there are few to choose from.. Please help.
I have seen Diamond White on an SL 65 BS that was sitting next to a DBS with Aston's version of pearl white. The SL was STUNNING and I want a car that color in the worst way.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:03 PM

2008 Chevy Tahoe
Originally Posted by black-clk500
When I bought my c63 I also was comparing it to a left over e63 as they were discounting the 2010 e63 $25k and I was ordering my 2011 c63.
For me it came down to what I was using the car for--the c63 is just a fun/weekend car for me, if it was DD I would go for the e63.
Especially the 2011 and later e63 with leather dash, alcantara headliner and CF trim.
Yes, the c63 is more fun and sporty, but the e63 is a great monster in it's own right.

Why aren't you considering the cls63?
It will most likely be a DD, we have too many cars. so i have to get rid of my DD to get this car. The C63 is more fun, but not a DD for sure. Pretty rough with that suspension to deal with everyday.

Reason why im not considering the Cls63 is for one it looks hideous. the body lines dont look right. Those tailights are hideous. I think MB is heading in the wrong direction but thats just me. There was nothing wrong with the old body style, just maybe add some LED and update a few things. In person its even worse. I was considering throwing it in the mix until i saw it in person.

Ill tell you what thou that new CLS is fast. A few have gotten the new CLS AMG to go 0-60 in 3.8 and the CLS550 to go in 4.3 which faster than most AMG models.

Originally Posted by SpecialForces21
Hey Mason, you can not go wrong with either one of them. I was in a similar situation just last week. I was debating on completing my existing 2012 c63 order with the dealer, or changing it to the 2012 CLS550 because for a $1,000 more I was getting better exterior looks (so I thought at first), bigger car, and the latest and greatest design from Merc. After careful consideration, I stuck with the C63.. Reasons why: I was able to customize the entire car inside and out and still come $1,000 below the MSRP of the CLS550. I mean I loaded loaded up the C63. I am also 6'4 and I sat in the new C series at the dealership and I must say it felt more roomy than the CLS550.. I know you are comparing it to the E63, but I was comparing it to the CLS. The upgrades and re-designs they put in the C63 are just like the E or the CLS. It is beautiful now inside.. I was impressed..

As for the E63, I originally debated this vehicle over the C63, but i wanted to customize my entire vehicle inside and out, and by the time I was finished adding everything to the E, it didn't make financial sense for me.. Plus like you said in your post, I am not sure about the look either.. I also do not like the square pipes or the grill. I mean you mentioned that you always loved the C and almost bought one. Go with your heart on this one man. That is what I had to do.. I mean you will not have any regrets with any AMG you buy, so why not pocket the extra $20,000 and get the C63... Do you know what you can do with that extra $20,000? ha-ha... The C63 is plenty big enough, fast enough, and what I like is that it doesn't look all futuristic and aerodynamic like some of these vehicles coming out today do. It still looks like luxury muscle car.. Love that balance.

It is a tuff decision. I went back and forth for weeks over it.. I probably lost a few strands of hair from stressing on picking the right car. But I decided to stay with the C63 like I mentioned above and I feel every time I hear that exhaust purr, I will know I made the right decision. And after speaking with Carlsson on the phone, they told me the natural aspired V8 is the best sounding amg engine out of all of them now since the rest switched to the new merc engines and the C63 stuck with the naturally aspired. So it will sound better than the e63.. Hope this helps.. Good luck
Very good observation. I will take this into my thoughts haha. Its a very tough decision!!

Originally Posted by IAA-C63
I agree with your comparison and it will come down to what your priorities are.

The E63 is more spacious, more comfy, has more features, and is plenty fast on both road and track, but the C63 is more raw and I think more fun.

Also, if you keep the options reasonable in the C63, you can save over $30K relative to the E63.
Very true when i drove them both i thought the C63 was way more exciting and less Techy than the E63.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:09 PM

2008 Chevy Tahoe
Originally Posted by jacob502
My SL63 is super. I love it. The most beautiful and most comfortable roadster I have ever driven .But with all honesty, from an economical point of view ,If I were your Uncle right now I wouldnt buy it. The new SL63 with the 5.5 TT is coming out next year. Have him sell his cars and wait for a few months to get the New roadster. I'm certainly looking forward in getting myself one.
hes already sold his 61 so he is in the process. The only reason why im scared for him is the winter here in St.Louis. Atleast with the S class it was 4 wheel drive. He might just have to keep the S, not sure. But he is anxious to get a Comfortable Convertible that is powerful that he can enjoy. He deserves it.
I think the Sl is the car for him, but he might have to get a Porsche 997 or something. Im sure you dont live in any climates that would subject your cars to cold weather but if you have info on how it drives in any conditions that would be helpful.

Thanks
-Mason
Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 PM

2008 Chevy Tahoe
Another Plus for 2012 C63 is the Nav screen is in the Dash which looks so much better than that Flip up cheap Nav screen they've had in there previous model.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

hes already sold his 61 so he is in the process. The only reason why im scared for him is the winter here in St.Louis. Atleast with the S class it was 4 wheel drive. He might just have to keep the S, not sure. But he is anxious to get a Comfortable Convertible that is powerful that he can enjoy. He deserves it.
I think the Sl is the car for him, but he might have to get a Porsche 997 or something. Im sure you dont live in any climates that would subject your cars to cold weather but if you have info on how it drives in any conditions that would be helpful.

Thanks
-Mason
I can assure you. it is not drivable in icy and snowy conditions. It can get really dangerous