C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!

I was on Lake Shore Dr for 4-5 hours trying to get my car to start back up with no luck. When merging, I did a short little pull and about 5-10 seconds after letting off my car just died while cruising. Thank god there was a little emergency lane and I was able to pull over safely. I tired absolutely everything to get the car started, I even put a new battery in it with no luck! At around 1am I gave up and had it towed to my shop. Funny thing is I have only put about 100 miles on it since I got the car back from Weistec so not really sure what could be the issue. Hoping to find out more in the next couple days, but I am waiting to hear back from Wiestec, I have sent emails and texted Steve with no response. Any ideas why it would turn back on?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 911 Likes on 641 Posts
E63S | X5
Just call them...
Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
I'm guessing you had your car supercharged by them? You're not being descriptive of what you had done to the car other than it just died on you. With these cars, hard to say with all the electronic nannys and gizmos. Are you at least getting anything on the dash panel? CEL or something to that effect?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Blown63
I was on Lake Shore Dr for 4-5 hours trying to get my car to start back up with no luck. When merging, I did a short little pull and about 5-10 seconds after letting off my car just died while cruising. Thank god there was a little emergency lane and I was able to pull over safely. I tired absolutely everything to get the car started, I even put a new battery in it with no luck! At around 1am I gave up and had it towed to my shop. Funny thing is I have only put about 100 miles on it since I got the car back from Weistec so not really sure what could be the issue. Hoping to find out more in the next couple days, but I am waiting to hear back from Wiestec, I have sent emails and texted Steve with no response. Any ideas why it would turn back on?
Bro, there is a 2 hour time difference it's not even 9:00am yet in California, give them a break.

Now...give us more info on " MyCar Died", your description is VERY vague. Does it crank at all? Any CEL's? What type of work did Wesitec recently do to it? If you had something rebuilt a 10 second WOT pull is probably not the smartest thing to do with under 100 miles on it.

Last edited by jrcart; 09-10-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:08 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
I'm guessing you had your car supercharged by them? You're not being descriptive of what you had done to the car other than it just died on you. With these cars, hard to say with all the electronic nannys and gizmos. Are you at least getting anything on the dash panel? CEL or something to that effect?
Sorry i forgot i changed my signature, here is a list of things i have on my car. The odd thing is there was no cel or any lights that came up on the dash.

Weistec Stage 3, 6.3L AMG M156 Supercharger System
Weistec M156 Forged Pistons and Billet Rods
Weistec 722.9 Bullet Proof Trans
Weistec 722.9 Valve Body and TCU Upgrade
Weistec M156 CNC Ported Heads
Weistec M156 Head Studs
Weistec Trunk Ice Tank
Weistec M156 Oil - Air Separator
Weistec M156 High Flow Air Filters
MBH Long-tubes & X-Pipe
Evosport Rotors
Quaife LSD
KW v3 Coilovers
Dad’s CF Hood
Carbon Fiber Air Intake

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Just call them...
With the history i have built with them over the past year, i have learned to talk with Steve directly.

Originally Posted by jrcart
Bro, there is a 2 hour time difference it's not even 9:00am yet in California, give them a break.

Now...give us more info on "Car died" your description is VERY vague. Does it crank at all? Any CEL's?
Fully aware of the time difference, thanks

I sent the email to them last week and texted Steve yesterday.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Just give us a call during our business hours or send tech@weistec.com and email. We have a ticket system and our average response time is far less than a day. Your current approach is not the best way to handle the situation.

We have been in contact with your installing shop, and last we heard, you were out of the country and we were waiting on an answer on how you would like to proceed with the issues your car has.

Weistec Engineering
Old 09-10-2014, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Fully aware of the time difference, thanks

I sent the email to them last week and texted Steve yesterday.
Sorry, I just assumed you were talking about the car breaking down at 1:30am this morning, i did not realize it happened last week. I am sure they will be in touch.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
With the history i have built with them over the past year, i have learned to talk with Steve directly.
Originally Posted by Weistec
Just give us a call during our business hours or send tech@weistec.com and email. We have a ticket system and our average response time is far less than a day. Your current approach is not the best way to handle the situation.
I know you have quite a beast of a car, and I hope your issues get fixed quickly!

With that history you mentioned I wouldn't have used the thread title and been so vague, but I understand the frustration of having a top tier type of car and not getting the response you want in the manner you prefer.

Seems like your shop and Weistec are on it already. Shouldn't be long until you're back on the road!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I know you have quite a beast of a car, and I hope your issues get fixed quickly!

With that history you mentioned I wouldn't have used the thread title and been so vague, but I understand the frustration of having a top tier type of car and not getting the response you want in the manner you prefer.

Seems like your shop and Weistec are on it already. Shouldn't be long until you're back on the road!
I agree to an extent. I don't have Weistec experience but I have a long history of business experience and if I spent $20k on a service that installed high end products in a scenario where the confidence builder was handing out a personal contact, I would then tell you to wipe your *** with your "ticket system"! That contact upon receiving payment better make time for high dollar paying customers!

But as stated the thread doesn't grant much more than a vague description.

Product quality takes you so far, service keeps the business in motion.
Nice work chiming in though Weistec, I'm sure she will be fixed in a jiffy.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Does the car respond to turning the key?
Can you turn the radio on? Or is it all dead?
Old 09-10-2014, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Something like his happened to me. it turned out to be the key and the ignition went into some security mode.
No dash lights no sound and steering wheel couldn't get it unlocked . Had the car towed to dealer problem fixed in 1 day.

GL with u fix u car build Is sick.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Your car is cursed. Blow it up and call it a day.

I want the cf hood though first
Old 09-10-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
Wow! You sure spent a lot of money with Weistec. Interesting response from them in regards to your broken down car.

All that money to be treated so snippy....
Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by mthis
Something like his happened to me. it turned out to be the key and the ignition went into some security mode.
No dash lights no sound and steering wheel couldn't get it unlocked . Had the car towed to dealer problem fixed in 1 day.

Exactly what I was pointing at with my questions.
I had the same issue.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I agree to an extent. I don't have Weistec experience but I have a long history of business experience and if I spent $20k on a service that installed high end products in a scenario where the confidence builder was handing out a personal contact, I would then tell you to wipe your *** with your "ticket system"! That contact upon receiving payment better make time for high dollar paying customers!

Originally Posted by -Marlin-
Wow! You sure spent a lot of money with Weistec. Interesting response from them in regards to your broken down car.

Everything Weistec sells (short of a tune) is generally going to be high end and expensive. They can't wine and dine everyone who is buying superchargers and that is barely the surface of their clientele im sure. There is the whole 5.5 realm as well.

Not to mention they came in here within a day, said they were already handling it, and that should end there.

Originally Posted by mthis

This was a thought I had, but isn't it strange that it happened while driving? Or is that exactly when it happens?
Old 09-10-2014, 04:54 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by olszowa12
Does the car respond to turning the key?
Can you turn the radio on? Or is it all dead?
The car did respond to the key turning but just to be sure I tried both keys and both did not work. I don't recall the radio being on (I tried keeping everything off) but the light would turn on when i opened the door and the lights in the dash that were on.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
The car did respond to the key turning but just to be sure I tried both keys and both did not work. I don't recall the radio being on (I tried keeping everything off) but the light would turn on when i opened the door and the lights in the dash that were on.
So did it turn over at all? Or did it just sit there and tick tick tick?

Still not ruling out the key thing because I feel like once triggered the dealer would have to program something regardless of what keys were being used.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
There were 1-2 times where it almost started, unfortunately i didn't capture that but here is a video.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT

So i'm guessing both you guys have received instant support on every problem you have had in every situation . You guys need to understand that Blown63 is not sleeping with Steve . He is a paying customer like many others have been , including myself . When i first got my car back from Weistec , many moons ago , i had an issue with hesitation and the car would stall . I had to tow it back to my house and wait for a call back from Steve . He called me back the next day and set up a way to get things taken care of but i would have never expected him to answer that call , or any call i ever made to him , within minutes . I would be willing to bet that Jim and Earl don't get their calls answered every time and they have done more business than anyone else .

Weistec is a stand up company and they have some great customer service

Obviously , Weistec and the shop that did the install seem to be already be taking care of the customer's car
Old 09-10-2014, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
You sir are looking at it all wrong. No he is not sleeping with Steve, but you best believe his business contributes to the bank account that pays the bills where Steve lays his head to sleep with whomever he so chooses!
You lose sight of that and kiss your business goodbye.
Btw, op wasn't asking for instant responses, timely manner seems to be what all customers are asking for.
If it takes more than 24 hrs to get your chance in the "ticket" line, makes me wonder how long the line of issues are...

Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
So i'm guessing both you guys have received instant support on every problem you have had in every situation . You guys need to understand that Blown63 is not sleeping with Steve . He is a paying customer like many others have been , including myself . When i first got my car back from Weistec , many moons ago , i had an issue with hesitation and the car would stall . I had to tow it back to my house and wait for a call back from Steve . He called me back the next day and set up a way to get things taken care of but i would have never expected him to answer that call , or any call i ever made to him , within minutes . I would be willing to bet that Jim and Earl don't get their calls answered every time and they have done more business than anyone else .

Weistec is a stand up company and they have some great customer service

Obviously , Weistec and the shop that did the install seem to be already be taking care of the customer's car
Old 09-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
When someone comes on here to say that their car is dead after spending a boat load of money on performance upgrades from a brand, it's an opportunity for them to show case great customer service.

Instead, I sensed a reprimand. Hardly hospitable and if I were in the guys shoes I'd be pissed even more. I'm not talking about a lawn mower that doesn't work. He broke down on the side of a highway right after the upgrades were added. His TV didn't go out, HIS CAR DIED AND LEFT HIM STRANDED!

No apologies here, and I double down on my point. In this economy, you bend over backwards for customers that give you dispensable income. Don't treat them like they ordered soup and it came out luke warm.

Raise your expectations as a customer. Some of us don't wipe our butts with hundreds.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
You sir are looking at it all wrong. No he is not sleeping with Steve, but you best believe his business contributes to the bank account that pays the bills where Steve lays his head to sleep with whomever he so chooses!
You lose sight of that and kiss your business goodbye.
Btw, op wasn't asking for instant responses, timely manner seems to be what all customers are asking for.
If it takes more than 24 hrs to get your chance in the "ticket" line, makes me wonder how long the line of issues are...
Well nobody knows the whole story here but looks like from what Weistec responded with states that they were told by the installation shop that the OP was out of the country and they were waiting for a response from him . I'm sure the OP didn't come on here to start any wars or hating on anyone but if you send an email or call Steve direct and he doesn't answer , I would think the next step would be contact them at the shop and go from there . In the past , I have called Steve to ask questions and he happened to be out of the country , so I called the shop and either got answers or waited for Steve to call back with answers . I'm betting that if you get on the phone right now and call Weistec yourself , someone picks up that call .

I see that you have a tune from Eurocharged . I can't imagine that if you called Jerry and he didn't answer , you would say negative things about them . Neither Jerry or Steve are a one man show and they both have plenty of other contacts for their companies .

To me , this sounds like this whole thing got blown way out or proportion due to the wording of the title
Old 09-10-2014, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Text book business ethics right here.
Not sure who sat behind the keyboard that posted up in here from Weistec, but if you are some chap that does nothing more than screen forum issues and or phone calls, this is a guy who spent more than half your yearly salary on MODS for his CAR.
Should he have had to spend an evening screwing with his car that left him stranded on the side of a road, no, but guess what, that is the risk you take for modding! Having said that, when in fact this does happen, customer service and or owner better have better answers than take a ticket and wait you turn. If your products are as great as your purchase prices require them to be, and you want to be big boys, then your customer service and or ability to fix repairs better match it!

When someone comes on here to say that their car is dead after spending a boat load of money on performance upgrades from a brand, it's an opportunity for them to show case great customer service.

Instead, I sensed a reprimand. Hardly hospitable and if I were in the guys shoes I'd be pissed even more. I'm not talking about a lawn mower that doesn't work. He broke down on the side of a highway right after the upgrades were added. His TV didn't go out, HIS CAR DIED AND LEFT HIM STRANDED!

No apologies here, and I double down on my point. In this economy, you bend over backwards for customers that give you dispensable income. Don't treat them like they ordered soup and it came out luke warm.

Raise your expectations as a customer. Some of us don't wipe our butts with hundreds.

Last edited by Autosport7; 09-10-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
I think this is being blown out of the water.
I can only speak on my behalf on dealing with Weistec and they have been great. I've spent a lot of $$ through them and their support has been second to none!

I think the thread title could have been worded a little bit differently.
From my experience, Weistec does bend over backwards for its customers and they are extremely grateful for customers spending a fortune for quality within their company.

This matter should have been kept privately between you and Weistec. Sometimes things don't happen instantly, just like your motor wouldn't have been built in an hour.

I hope it works out for you, but in my opinion maybe you should've dealt with it differently. I completely understand your frustrations but you need to keep in mind things don't happen with a click of the fingers. Weistec will help you find a solution to your problem i have no doubt about that.

Good Luck
Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
There were 1-2 times where it almost started, unfortunately i didn't capture that but here is a video.

http://youtu.be/7-o7GeYnP9U
Man that seems like a dead battery, can't be that simple....?
Was this taken before or after you installed a new battery?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!