CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures

Not sure if I will ever have the opportunity of someday seeing these again but I might get lucky. These have been refinished and what a shame I wont get to enjoy them. Turbos have been reconditioned beyond new, flow rate is much higher than the average black series turbos stock. I have a few members interested in wanting to buy them but unfortunately I need to move them. I will warn you, I am not selling them cheap. Turbos are capable of hitting 850rwhp easily, they have been ported, polished and Ceramic coated, no corners cut. Bolts, flanges everything new. The job cost me a hefty penny. If interested let me know. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image1.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image2.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image3.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image4.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image5.jpeg  

SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image6.jpeg  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Additional pictures
Attached Thumbnails SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image7.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image8.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image9.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image12.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image13.jpeg  

SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image14.jpeg  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Cleaning and assembly
Attached Thumbnails SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image15.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image17.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image18.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image19.jpeg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-image16.jpeg  

Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Additional Pictures from the Porting.

I have received a lot of PM's with respect to the Specs of the wheels etc. We did not measure the wheel unfortunately but we could confirm they flow much more than the average 65 turbo without a doubt. The person doing the job said they extracted 850rwhp previously. The Port job also increases flow and ceramic coating increases efficiency by decreasing the heat tremendously. Lots of people on the fence and some just trying to get money straight. Thanks for the interest!

Also trying to sell the turbos as a kit along with Ceramic rotors and Drive shaft, last alternative will sell alone if needed.
Attached Thumbnails SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-img_2454.jpg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-img_2455.jpg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-img_2456.jpg   SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-img_2457.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,011 Likes on 817 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
850 RWHP? I can't say that I've ever seen an SL65 dyno that high. Even the tuned SL65 Blacks are only getting around 650 RWHP. However, that's a tune only 65 but an additional 200 RWHP is a lot of ground to cover. Would love to know what else was done for that power.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
More things than what I could disclose, tuning, race gas, boost etc.

My tuned CL65 hit 700rwhp ages ago when I ran 10.72@129. and this was sucking hot air under the hood. Another 100rwhp with better tuning and better air movement is not out of the question, specially with a larger diameter turbo like these.

Information comes from the person who put a 4800 lb CL65 car in the low 10's and almost trapping 140. Definitely a credible source in my book.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
More things than what I could disclose, tuning, race gas, boost etc.
I think most that might be looking to buy these would love to know what exactly you would have to do to get 200+ RWHP more than a what a tuned SL65 Black would get from these turbos. I'm guessing you would need a custom tune, race gas, head/valve work, larger intercoolers, down pipes, straight through exhaust with no cats. iced water tank, and possibly a little nitrous or ferry dust to hit 200 RWHP more than what SL65 Blacks are getting with a tune.

I'm thinking stock vs stock these are probably worth, at best, 50 to 70 RWHP over what you would get from the factory SL65 turbos. I would still love to see an 850 RWHP dyno on a SL65. I've been hunting for unicorns for a while and have yet to see a legit SL65 dyno that high.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by BlownV8
I think most that might be looking to buy these would love to know what exactly you would have to do to get 200+ RWHP more than a what a tuned SL65 Black would get from these turbos. I'm guessing you would need a custom tune, race gas, head/valve work, larger intercoolers, down pipes, straight through exhaust with no cats. iced water tank, and possibly a little nitrous or ferry dust to hit 200 RWHP more than what SL65 Blacks are getting with a tune.

I'm thinking stock vs stock these are probably worth, at best, 50 to 70 RWHP over what you would get from the factory SL65 turbos. I would still love to see an 850 RWHP dyno on a SL65. I've been hunting for unicorns for a while and have yet to see a legit SL65 dyno that high.
Nope, no nitrous. While many speculate Nitrous I have spoken to the previous owner firsthand, no nitrous at all. Exhaust is free flowing as it is, 200 cell count cats and a heck of a custom tune would get you there. Head work has been proven over and over again to loose power on the V12s. So not there. Another power booster is the straight intake, I have seen cars gain 60rwhp just on that, couple that with a Ram air and posibilities are endless.

The SL65 has nothing unreal compared to our 65's. Only difference is intake and Turbos. No one has taken one to the extreme that we know of.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Nope, no nitrous. While many speculate Nitrous I have spoken to the previous owner firsthand, no nitrous at all. Exhaust is free flowing as it is, 200 cell count cats and a heck of a custom tune would get you there. Head work has been proven over and over again to loose power on the V12s. So not there. Another power booster is the straight intake, I have seen cars gain 60rwhp just on that, couple that with a Ram air and posibilities are endless.

The SL65 has nothing unreal compared to our 65's. Only difference is intake and Turbos. No one has taken one to the extreme that we know of.
I'm not doubting the possibility of 850 rwhp, but I'm having trouble adding it up. I have all the mods mentioned above for making power, less the turbos and different tuning. I have ECU/TCU supplemental HE, catless downpipes and a 4" cold air intake that brought me up to 645 whp. I added a trunk tank and race gas and was just about at 190 mph for the mile. As many have said, 700 rwhp is need for that speed( I didn't re-dyno). I'm having a tough time seeing 150 whp in tuning and upgraded BS turbos.

Even if Renntech put a lot into tuning, why wouldn't they offer that package to others after investing all that time? Nothing even close has ever surfaced. Over 10 yrs of 65 motors being made and there are much deeper pockets out there than ours. As you know alot of effort went into weight reduction and rotational mass, (CF drive shaft & rotors), along with what ever was stripped from the interior. That will help with the 1/4 but not with power. I think I'm on the same page with BlownV8; without knowing what else is needed to get that power or see those times and speeds, its a hard sell. Who knows what is missing for renntech to replicate the setup and at what cost? Would it be as simple as just getting a renntech tune after installing all the parts? If that's the case, I'm sure you will find people to be alot less apprehensive about making the purchase.
Good luck with the sale, and too bad responsibilities prevent you of moving forward with the project. In the end its not about numbers and dynos, but true performance. I hope they move into the right hands to repeat what was done for SGC's CL, maybe some of the little guys will eventually get a chance to share some of the trade secrets.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
I hear you rich and Agree with the above but again I am not the one who tuned SGCs car nor I am the one that went nearly 140. I'll leave it that. Its tough to grasp the number of 800rwhp+ but that's fine with me. I have first hand info and again when Steve went nearly 140 he didn't have these turbos. Having bigger turbos and adding the port job I have no doubt 100rwhp is within reach. these are not your regular or average turbos. If you don't have wheels specs, and knowledge first hand with these turbos then yes there will be doubts. I made 780rwhp with my 5.5 and bigger turbos but all in the higher RPM range another 60-70 is not impossible with the 6.0

SGCs tune was not one right off the shelve. Hours a hours went into tuning it. Numbers speak for themselves.

Again everyone is entitled to their own opinion, obviously everyone is expressing theirs but until I see a slip nearly trapping what SGC trapped I'll continue with my opinion. If these don't sell I will store them and save them for when I have the time to put them to the test.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 05-17-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
I hope they end up in the right hands or remain in even better hands. It would suck for someone to buy them and not be able to tune the car to the parts true potential if more is needed to assist the turbos besides the tune. Hopefully, when the time comes what ever is necessary to get the greatest power is available to the owner and tuner.

A ton of tuning R&D still comes up with a recipe that can and should be reused with much less effort. Its too bad more about SGCs car didn't surface over time. I'm sure many would love to know whats needed for a high 130 trap. I know he was sour with all the nitrous accusations so now that info remains with only a few.

I think it was amazing what you did with the EV-12 and the monster turbos with custom manifolds, despite so many set backs. Your 780 # was super strong, but this upgraded turbo seems to be able to give you better number down low as well. Its too bad there aren't more upgraded turbo and ported log manifold cars out there. If they can make that much more power, it would make the V12 platform that much more interesting to follow.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
For sure, if these are sold the buyer should know they require custom tuning without a doubt as the addition of much more air has to be assessed. In the EV12 if it's one thing I learned is that bigger is not always better. Car was violent in the upper rpm range with those big fans just like the big HP supras but the useful power band took too long. Sometimes we focus on peak numbers and don't see the area under the curve where horsepower is more useful.

The beauty of it is the guy who helped in putting together SGCs car has also given me the aid of sorting my car as well. Yes turbos alone didn't get him there, it was the package of light weight stuff along with the power delivery. It's why I don't want to sell turbos alone. I keep the package together or none go at all. I definitely believe the combo should get someone in the low 10s and maybe colder air in the high 9s.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Additional Pictures from the Porting.

I have received a lot of PM's with respect to the Specs of the wheels etc. We did not measure the wheel unfortunately but we could confirm they flow much more than the average 65 turbo without a doubt. The person doing the job said they extracted 850rwhp previously. The Port job also increases flow and ceramic coating increases efficiency by decreasing the heat tremendously. Lots of people on the fence and some just trying to get money straight. Thanks for the interest!

Also trying to sell the turbos as a kit along with Ceramic rotors and Drive shaft, last alternative will sell alone if needed.
OK bud.. I looked it up for ya, they say they actually created NEW Turbochargers exclusively for the SL65 Black Series, highlighting they are 12% larger than the regular NON Black Series 65's w/slew of extra NEW/Better/Revised, AMG parts
New turbochargers were developed for the twelve-cylinder SL 65 AMG Black Series engine. The turbochargers' spiral cross-section, now twelve per cent larger, and the optimised wastegate ducts permit increased air throughout and an even more impressive display of power in all engine speed ranges.
They further talk about the larger air-ducts in the Blacks bodywork (Hood & Front bumper) & exhaust upgrades/changes etc..
The modified intake air ducting results in an even more spontaneous response. The new design for the AMG sports exhaust gas system's rear silencers reduce the exhaust gas backpressure and help increase the power output. The acoustic side effect of this is to produce a distinctive twelve-cylinder sound, typically evocative of AMG engine tuning, from the two trapezoidal tail pipes
The Black has massive cooling upgrades, I believe (6) additional Heat Exchangers & optimized Inter Cooling system as a whole, if you look @ an SL65 Black w/hood up, you will see a giant NEW V SPACE to aid in airflow between the engine & Radiator/Fan
The low-temperature charge air cooler, now 30 per cent more powerful, and the optimised water cooling system guarantee not only that the power generated under extreme dynamic driving conditions is exploited to the maximum but also the greatest possible fatigue strength at high outside temperatures.
Pic of the GIANT New V-Space only found on the SL65 Black Series, this undoubtedly adds much needed airflow to extract as much hot hair as possible...
http://image.superstreetonline.com/f...engine_bay.jpg

More performance is realized thru an optimized version of the ole' 5 speed Slush'A-Matic
An AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS five-speed automatic gearbox transmits power to the rear wheels. There is a choice between four transmission modes: "C", "S", "M1" and "M2" which has gearshift times 25 per cent quicker than the "M1" mode. The torque converter's lockup clutch guarantees extremely direct gearshifting in all driving situations right from first gear. Read more at http://www.supercars.net/cars/4192.h...72mm5y1DLFW.99
There are a ton of extra perf upgrades on the Black Series but I'm only listing the Notable upgrades to Engine/Turbos/Exhaust/Cooling System/Transmission/ It ALL adds up to the Perf differences over the reg 65's... I know it wasn't asked for but I figured some might? Want to know how it ALL works, & where to read more if interested
Attached Thumbnails SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-epcp_1102_07_o-2bmkb_sl65_p1000-2bengine_bay.jpg  

Last edited by Thericker; 05-18-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Thanks Sean! Very helpful and thorough. At the end of the day I am not a dyno type of guy. I've always been focused on what this translates at the track. I'll leave the dyno numbers at just a numbers.

Also keep In mind the assumption of having all the other modifications mentioned above are assumed in order to obtain 800whp, obviously just these turbos alone will not net you 200whp. They will compliment everything else. Just like adding turbos alone will not get you into the 9s. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 05-17-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
SL65 Black Series Dyno

See below a tuned SL65 Black Series. Hopefully this will put some questions to rest with respect to the claims of 800rwhp. Again turbos alone will not get you there but coupled with a few more modifications like larger injectors, Intake, I/C's, Rear Tank, Cat delete, race gas etc another 100rwhp + is not out of reach. Like I said they did an S65 that hit 850+ rwhp with BS turbos but can't disclose what else was done.

Keep in mind no one has taken a Black Series to it's extreme. Who ever buys these cars want to keep it as a daily driver and are not looking to take the thing to the track. Wealthy individuals are not into the 1/4 scene as much as we are therefore you will not see true potential with the exception of 1 here and there.

This particular dyno from a black series had Downpipes, Ram intake and Tune. Not sure what octane but you get the picture. Look at that torque curve...

Quite sure if they added a rear reservoir to this thing another 35-40rwhp is obtainable.
Attached Thumbnails SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures-black-series-dyno-sl65-renntech.jpg  
Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's still a 140 RWHP away from 850 RWHP with a bunch of goodies thrown at it and it already has all the Black Series updates Just not seeing the extra hp you are claiming from the turbos.

I feel it is a diservice to someone buying these that you are advertising as 850 RWHP turbos. It's like selling a.Chevy 350 engine as 2000 RWHP capable with minor mods. Sure, someone could probably get that much power but it wouldn't be from the way the engine stood when sold. You are talking major mods none of which no one n this discussion knows how to do.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
That's still a 140 RWHP away from 850 RWHP with a bunch of goodies thrown at it and it already has all the Black Series updates Just not seeing the extra hp you are claiming from the turbos.

I feel it is a diservice to someone buying these that you are advertising as 850 RWHP turbos. It's like selling a.Chevy 350 engine as 2000 RWHP capable with minor mods. Sure, someone could probably get that much power but it wouldn't be from the way the engine stood when sold. You are talking major mods none of which no one n this discussion knows how to do.
What are you talking about man? Seems the only one in disbelieve here is you. It's not a diservice to any one but you from where I am sitting at, I only state the facts. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Weren't you the one that said you've never seen a Black Series with more than 650 rwhp? Yet I just inched and showed you a 700+rwhp with just a few mods... Hey man, take it as you wish just please do not discredit my thread with your guess here and there information. If you have facts then post them. Prove me wrong, I'll wait. Please do not assume, speculate etc.

And for the record this is defintiely bolt ons, not sure what part is the major mods here other than Black Series turbos. If you call swapping injectors a major mod than I'm definitely preaching to the wrong crowd.

Now I know why SGC kept this **** in the dark for years.
Don't blame the man one bit.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What are you talking about man? Seems the only one in disbelieve here is you. It's not a diservice to any one but you from where I am sitting at, I only state the facts. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Weren't you the one that said you've never seen a Black Series with more than 650 rwhp? Yet I just inched and showed you a 700+rwhp with just a few mods... Hey man, take it as you wish just please do not discredit my thread with your guess here and there information. If you have facts then post them. Prove me wrong, I'll wait. Please do not assume, speculate etc.

And for the record this is defintiely bolt ons, not sure what part is the major mods here other than Black Series turbos. If you call swapping injectors a major mod than I'm definitely preaching to the wrong crowd.

Now I know why SGC kept this **** in the dark for years.
Don't blame the man one bit.
You have a reading comprehension issue And need to reread what I posted. I said a tune only SL65 Black was making around 650 RWHP You posted a SL65 with a lot more goodies getting an extra 60 RWHP.

I'm not the one here with anything to prove. I'm not trying to sell hopes and dreams with no formula to get there. It's you who need to prove me wrong. You have posted nothing that proves these are capable of taking an SL65 to 850 RWHP.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
You have a reading comprehension issue And need to reread what I posted. I said a tune only SL65 Black was making around 650 RWHP You posted a SL65 with a lot more goodies getting an extra 60 RWHP.

I'm not the one here with anything to prove. I'm not trying to sell hopes and dreams with no formula to get there. It's you who need to prove me wrong. You have posted nothing that proves these are capable of taking an SL65 to 850 RWHP.
Reading comprehension? not from where I'm sitting. Seems the other way around.
Hopes and dreams? that's on your side of town, nothing but facts from people that have first hand experience with these caliber of turbos. You'd be lucky if you see these in real life.

I just noticed something, have you ever even had a CL65?? Ughh Lots of experience with this platform, Jesus. How could I not see that one coming.

I apologize man, I am the stupid one here, can't believe I am arguing with a person that has not even had or tracked this platform. End of discussion.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 05-21-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please show where someone has made 850 RWHP with these turbos and prove me wrong. All I'm hearing is I know someone who ran a great trap on a CL65. I see no proof of anything. When I had my biturbo CL and did mods, I posted before and after dyno charts to backup the power it was making and posted the dyno charts on this forum.

I would never sell a performance mod or sell a car advertised as x hp without something to back that up. It would not be "I know.of a.guy who ran a great trap." Are your sure these were on SGC's car when it ran that trap? I know more on the topic than I'm letting on.

Last edited by BlownV8; 05-21-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Please show where someone has made 850 RWHP with these turbos and prove me wrong. All I'm hearing is I know someone who ran a great trap on a CL65. I see no proof of anything. When I had my biturbo CL and did mods, I posted before and after dyno charts to backup the power it was making and posted the dyno charts on this forum.

I would never sell a performance mod or sell a car advertised as x hp without something to back that up. It would not be "I know.of a.guy who ran a great trap." Are your sure these were on SGC's car when it ran that trap? I know more on the topic than I'm letting on.
Sure Man. You win.

NOW please step away from my thread, politely. End of topic.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Bump.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
Ok. This is interesting. For the first time I agree with pretty much richer has to say here. 850 just isn't an even reasonable number with these turbos. From my understanding SGC ran that time with around 720whp and a lot of weight reduction. Last I checked that's what he posted on dragtimes for his Dyno. Why would he not post a higher Dyno or ran faster later if he indeed crank 850 out of those turbos? Not RT or brabus or anyone that I can think of actually ever posted a 850+whp mb Dyno ever.

Perhaps you would have an easier time selling these if you installed these and put up a Dyno or even better a time slip?

Not trying to start a bashing contest here, but BS is BS and that turbine housing will not support 850whp. Unless you are basing this on the bogus claims of MKB and their 1000hp SL65bs. You know the one that ran a best of 11.2 at around 128 or something around there.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
SL65 R230
What I don't understand - why putting so much effort and work in these turbos - and then don't install it?

The BS-Turbos have good potential and are a TRUE upgrade for the stock turbos.

Personally I would have gone a little other route with the BS-Housings. According to my tuner the housings realistically are maxed out quite a lot before 850 whp - 950 Crank HP.
But nevertheless you can gain a lot in comparison to the stock turbos.

Good luck with sale!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by BmwBob335
Ok. This is interesting. For the first time I agree with pretty much richer has to say here. 850 just isn't an even reasonable number with these turbos. From my understanding SGC ran that time with around 720whp and a lot of weight reduction. Last I checked that's what he posted on dragtimes for his Dyno. Why would he not post a higher Dyno or ran faster later if he indeed crank 850 out of those turbos? Not RT or brabus or anyone that I can think of actually ever posted a 850+whp mb Dyno ever.

Perhaps you would have an easier time selling these if you installed these and put up a Dyno or even better a time slip?

Not trying to start a bashing contest here, but BS is BS and that turbine housing will not support 850whp. Unless you are basing this on the bogus claims of MKB and their 1000hp SL65bs. You know the one that ran a best of 11.2 at around 128 or something around there.
Nope, nothing is based on what MKB stated, basing them on what the gentlemen who did all the work on SGC's car stated and a 65 he tuned with BS turbos and a few other things he had done.

Understand and point well taken. I honestly do not have the time to play around with the car and the time these mods require, I embarked in a very competitive MBA which requires a lot of time and sacrifice, plus the money I am putting into it. Can't sacrifice juggle anything else right now. If they don't sell I will hold all the mods until I do have the time.

Correct SGC did not have these turbos when he ran 10.2 and yes he had roughly about 720-740 rwhp on his stock 65 turbos. On BS 65 turbos another 80 rwhp in combination to a few other things done are definitely doable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL65 Black Series Turbos Pictures