W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

helpppp plzzz stereo!.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 e55 amg, 2005 audi s4, 2000 audi a4 1.8T (big turbo)
Originally Posted by Masri87
where'd you get the harness
What harness are you referring to? I actually made everything my self i dint buy any adapters.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:10 PM

Update:

SO i dint like my setup the new sub was expensive and all but its just not doing it for me as well as the full range speakers they are a little on the low sensitivity side so i decide to change everything again i have, i get very little bass and full range speakers don't work for my music at all.

New setup as follows:

-Kicker solo baric L7 15"
-sealed 2.6 cft
-6.5" HERtz high energy full range speakers x4

everything else will remain the same for now, will post pics when everything gets here.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:52 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
might need a DSP to do EQ and time adjustment per channel, but if the speakers aren't doing their job, they're not doing their job. keep us updated!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-17-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by hachiroku
might need a DSP to do EQ and time adjustment per channel, but if the speakers aren't doing their job, they're not doing their job. keep us updated!
I was considering the dsp but my clarion vx405 already has eq build in and filters i can use , the problem i had was the ds18 i bought are low sensitive so i gotta crank it up more to ge more sound plus i only put out 60rms and the ds18 are 120rms so i got lower rms speakers with slightly higher sensitivity so i wont need to crank itup so much just to get them loud.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:47 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Our cars are sealed up pretty tight from the trunk into the cabin. If you have a sub that isn't ported somehow into the cabin, you're gonna be fighting it unless you throw some power at it. I had a single shallow Hertz 10" with 400 watts going to it in a sealed enclosure in my spare wheel, not ported into the cabin, and it just could not cut it. Quite disappointing. I went with two major 10"s (Elemental Designs), sealed, and fed them with over 1k watts but did not port into cabin as I didn't want to alter rear deck. Also wanted to stay with smaller, faster subs, so decided to stick with 10's. Bangs like hell. So, even though I didn't port into cabin, the quality and quantity of driver and power going to them made the difference. It just takes both to get through the solid build of our cars. Of course, YMMV.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Skizz
Our cars are sealed up pretty tight from the trunk into the cabin. If you have a sub that isn't ported somehow into the cabin, you're gonna be fighting it unless you throw some power at it. I had a single shallow Hertz 10" with 400 watts going to it in a sealed enclosure in my spare wheel, not ported into the cabin, and it just could not cut it. Quite disappointing. I went with two major 10"s (Elemental Designs), sealed, and fed them with over 1k watts but did not port into cabin as I didn't want to alter rear deck. Also wanted to stay with smaller, faster subs, so decided to stick with 10's. Bangs like hell. So, even though I didn't port into cabin, the quality and quantity of driver and power going to them made the difference. It just takes both to get through the solid build of our cars. Of course, YMMV.
Everything is ok in my setup but the sub i got only does great with weak *** rap hip hop etc unfortunately i listen to death metal rock etc.

My old sub re.3 sound stream played hard but it fried this new sub im running atm is more rap hip hop bassy oriented so it sounds weak with my music unless i play rap dubstep etc then yea ground shaking.

Finally i when to a shop and try a 15" kicker l7 solo and it hit perfectly all notes so i got online and bought that instead gonna see how it does whe i installed it.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:15 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
solo baric 15"!!!!!!

you want them to hear you in Australia!?!?!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-17-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by hachiroku
solo baric 15"!!!!!!

you want them to hear you in Australia!?!?!
Lol no nothing like that, dont be fooled those subs only get loud with ported box sealed they hit clean
Old 08-18-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 E55, 06 Audi S4
It converts the fiber optic to rca. They sell it on eBay.

I really do think the stock system sounds pretty good in this car, I've gone every route with many different cars. I've grown out of the trunk rattling bass thing. Running wires everywhere installing adaptors to get aftermarket speakers to fit... all that stuff. These are real solid air tight cars. The stock head unit really holds it back.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:20 AM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Hate to pester,but Ebay is a gross pool of Chinese crap that needs to be RMA'd regarding their car electronic adapters.

If yours works, I would like to use the same seller. Would you mind?
Old 08-19-2016, 06:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 E55, 06 Audi S4
http://m.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-E-Cla...wAAOSwARZXmcag

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT00...s.html/gallery
The following users liked this post:
BoostedAero (08-20-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 AM

Update

Ok so i got some of the stuff in just waiting on the sub.

Hertz 6.5 bc quality is everything on a benz.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2004 W211 E55 AMG >>gone but not forgotten > W123 280E > W124 E280 > W126 380SE
Subd to see results....
Old 08-25-2016, 04:05 AM

The goods

The goods are here.

Le sub

Mounting the goods.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:04 AM

Installed

Sounds clean asf im finally happy and there is no rattle does not suffucate my mids and highs and ppl compliment me everywhere of how clean the SQ is.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Atk_gaming
Sounds clean asf im finally happy and there is no rattle does not suffucate my mids and highs and ppl compliment me everywhere of how clean the SQ is.
My impression is that you obviously have a good ear for audio so having said that I have a couple of questions about your install - and I congratulate you for your tenacity with getting this up to a standard you're happy with.

1. You have the sub mounted in the "well" of the trunk - are you honestly happy with the bass SP level that travels through to the cabin? Do you know offhand how many DB are being lost in travel. My experience (in various Mercs over the years) has been that the build quality, reserve tank and chassis structure has inhibited the transfer of bass frequencies (from trunk to cabin) to the extent I have ultimately put the sub in the center of the rear seat. I lose seating for one but gain a permanent armrest for the remaining 2 rear passengers in addition to the sound having much more impact and precision. This has been a last resort after trying everything; including (in past cars) compromising the structural integrity of the chassis by cutting open the rear parcel shelf and replacing with acoustically transparent material.

2. Aside from the SPL is there any perceivable latency or deadening of bass frequencies. I'm unsure what genres you listen to but this would be more noticeable with some musical styles than others. Have you had the opportunity to audition your handiwork with a variety of genres?

Thanks for sharing your experience and again well done!
Old 08-27-2016, 11:15 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by TheTherapist
My impression is that you obviously have a good ear for audio so having said that I have a couple of questions about your install - and I congratulate you for your tenacity with getting this up to a standard you're happy with.

1. You have the sub mounted in the "well" of the trunk - are you honestly happy with the bass SP level that travels through to the cabin?

2. Aside from the SPL is there any perceivable latency or deadening of bass frequencies.

Agreed! Thanks for sharing!!! First and foremost I am not at all tearing you down and I love what you are up to!!!!

I spent 2 years as an installer for a high end car av shop here in Charlotte working summers. Great OTJ training and knowledge base...

I agree with the lossss of SPL to the cabin unless you port that box and vent it into the cabin; from the size you have (1.2ft^3?) it appears to be a sealed box...?

I would love to see the SPL from in the closed trunk then another reading from inside the cabin...that would be great empirical evidence of the loss of SPL.

My guess is you are loosing 30dbs :-/

I do not want to move my 12w6 with 2 ohm load 600w rms load into the stock sub location and hack things up with my roto-zip :0 unless it is warranted.

Like this but more work bc the 12 requires more spaceand I would need to re-design a basket to go back to factory for when I get tired of the car (if that happens)

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ement-e55.html

But I will probably end up doing that due to what all have exp with the loss

Can you test SPL on the same track (trunk closed then cabin sealed with you and meter inside?) and report back. I need some SPL numbers to figure out a cost benefit ratio of if it is worth the my time investment to gut then reinstall :-?

Something like this would give a ballpark for comparison if you cannot go by a shop and get them to measure that sub gut punch:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/deci...448155923?mt=8

What I do not want:

I am afraid to go to a 1ohm load or more due to rattles mcgee, I am trying to keep it classy WIP y'all

Unported into cabin = muddy unclear bass in the cabin IMHO

Kind regards,
Will

Last edited by BoostedAero; 08-27-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by TheTherapist

1. You have the sub mounted in the "well" of the trunk - are you honestly happy with the bass SP level that travels through to the cabin? Do you know offhand how many DB are being lost in travel. My experience (in various Mercs over the years) has been that the build quality, reserve tank and chassis structure has inhibited the transfer of bass frequencies (from trunk to cabin) to the extent I have ultimately put the sub in the center of the rear seat. I lose seating for one but gain a permanent armrest for the remaining 2 rear passengers in addition to the sound having much more impact and precision. This has been a last resort after trying everything; including (in past cars) compromising the structural integrity of the chassis by cutting open the rear parcel shelf and replacing with acoustically transparent material.

2. Aside from the SPL is there any perceivable latency or deadening of bass frequencies. I'm unsure what genres you listen to but this would be more noticeable with some musical styles than others. Have you had the opportunity to audition your handiwork with a variety of genres?

Good question however i have not messure or tested spl it has been all just by ear, the current setup i have is mainly for metal,death metal,nu metal rock etc.

The bass is really loud i mean sterring wheel bounces loud but it sounds clean no distortion no rattle from outside sounds even better.

Box is sealed 2.6 cu ft giving it 1200rms @1ohm with a RE-audio vls-1 1 band low frequency processor and that does the trick.

As far as the position of the sub idk just seems to work the best all i didwas remove the oem subwoofer basket and leave that open and well its loud does not feel like it affects it much unlesd i face the sub towards the inside of the cabin then i can tell is not a loud.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:03 PM

2004 E55
Good question however i have not messure or tested spl it has been all just by ear, the current setup i have is mainly for metal,death metal,nu metal rock etc.

The bass is really loud i mean sterring wheel bounces loud but it sounds clean no distortion no rattle from outside sounds even better.

Box is sealed 2.6 cu ft giving it 1200rms @1ohm with a RE-audio vls-1 1 band low frequency processor and that does the trick.

As far as the position of the sub idk just seems to work the best all i didwas remove the oem subwoofer basket and leave that open and well its loud does not feel like it affects it much unlesd i face the sub towards the inside of the cabin then i can tell is not a loud.

Nuff said, my chest is vibrating in Charlotte NC lol!

I am not an has to hit this hard SPL # kinda guy.

If it sounds clean clear and loud, has some good response that is what I am the point IMHO
Old 08-27-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by BoostedAero
Nuff said, my chest is vibrating in Charlotte NC lol!

I am not an has to hit this hard SPL # kinda guy.

If it sounds clean clear and loud, has some good response that is what I am the point IMHO
Lol yea my spl days are over i just need it to be clean and easy to unplug the sub to remove when i go to the track so far it works good plus i love that chest pounding bass thing goes loww gotta love them 15 inch subs.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback, you certainly have got me thinking about the possibilities...