Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

575M Ferrari vs SL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
575M Ferrari vs SL55 AMG

Cruising down on Beach Blvd today I encountered a silver 575M.

Just to see if he would bite, I dropped the right foot and flew by him, the AMG viciously grabbing every inch it could as it rumbled past the 575. Instantly the 575 engaged and a chase insued. Finally lining up at Adams and Beach, the driver looks over along with his passenger:

"Are you ready to lose?" He says laughing. I thought of a smart remark to throw at it him but instead I found myself staring at the legs growing out of his chest, most definitely a body builder and most definitely someone I didn't want to have a verbal joust with. That coupled with the fact that the top was down, made losing a strong possibility thus not something I wanted to run my mouth off about. I laughed and instead just said: "Well see how this plays out."

We continued conversation and he commented on the suede around the speedo, and how he liked the black on black combo, I needlessly complimented his Ferrari, as I'm sure he got it all the time.

The light flips green and we both casually stroll off, nothing too fancy-- at near twenty I hear the 575 start to pick up pace and I jump on the throttle. I grab and move, the speedo wasting no time to jumo through the digits. The Ferrari not far behind, a car and a half and fading. At roughly 70 I ease off due to traffic, and the Ferrari catches up.

As we near PCH traffic clears up again, and this time we do a rolling start. I kept the AMG at 50, and the Ferrari matched the speed. We had a clean, clear stretch ahead of us all the way to PCH. We pass a Thrifty on the right and suddenly I hear him engage the proper gear yet again, and with no three-honk or any sort of official go, he's off. I jump on the throttle and 55 held strong. He got maybe a 1/4 car lead on me from his jump, and the SL refused to give anymore ground; and as the speedometer flicked past 120 I loomed ever close in his rear-view mirror. When we shut off 140 we were door to door.

We give each other a thumbs up and on our way we went.

I think I can say for certain had the top been up and I had been alone, this would have been an easy kill for the 55. All in all, it was just a fun time, the driver, despite his first remark, wasn't that much of a ***** in actuality he was pretty cool. Good times
Old 04-29-2008, 05:49 AM

c32amg,c240
Great story man, I'm sure you had a good time. Good thing I wasn't on the road when you guys took off, I probabily would have thought that damn Exodus flew past me again, lol. I am guessing how he felt when you left him the first time. He probabily wished he took his words back after that statement he had made great job man
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 AM

none
LOL! What do you mean fly by you again? Did we ever race?

Yeah though I agree, he probably was regretting those first words.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 PM

2003 CL 55 AMG
Funny how a 4 cylinder EVO with bolt ons at a fraction of the cost would have smoked both of ya!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by RippedUpMan
Funny how a 4 cylinder EVO with bolt ons at a fraction of the cost would have smoked both of ya!
so would one of those electric cars haha

Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 PM

2003 CL 55 AMG
LOL!! It's sad but true man. Those damn EVOS are freaking FAST cars... Seriously...
Old 04-29-2008, 11:40 PM

none
Originally Posted by RippedUpMan
It wont make my 20s ride any rougher, the suede still will make his girls panties wet, I still get my massage, I still get my hard-top-drop-top, and I still drive a Mercedes and I could get his girl spending a fraction of the effort he did-- your point?

I could buy a 88 Civic for roughly 500 bucks, spend 5gs on a B16 and mop the floor with modded EVOs, still for a fraction of the cost of even the Mitsu. But I really don't care enough.

Have a nice day and go trade in your CL55 for a EVO if it will help you sleep at night.

Last edited by Exodus; 04-29-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
So r u telling me that in some cases my E55 can take a 575M?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Exodus

Just to see if he would bite, I dropped the right foot and flew by him, the AMG viciously grabbing every inch it could as it rumbled past the 575. Instantly the 575 engaged and a chase insued. Finally lining up at Adams and Beach, the driver looks over along with his passenger:

"Are you ready to lose?" He says laughing. I thought of a smart remark to throw at it him but instead I found myself staring at the legs growing out of his chest, most definitely a body builder and most definitely someone I didn't want to have a verbal joust with. That coupled with the fact that the top was down, made losing a strong possibility thus not something I wanted to run my mouth off about. I laughed and instead just said: "Well see how this plays out."

We continued conversation and he commented on the suede around the speedo, and how he liked the black on black combo, I needlessly complimented his Ferrari, as I'm sure he got it all the time.

The light flips green and we both casually stroll off, nothing too fancy-- at near twenty I hear the 575 start to pick up pace and I jump on the throttle. I grab and move, the speedo wasting no time to jumo through the digits. The Ferrari not far behind, a car and a half and fading. At roughly 70 I ease off due to traffic, and the Ferrari catches up.

As we near PCH traffic clears up again, and this time we do a rolling start. I kept the AMG at 50, and the Ferrari matched the speed. We had a clean, clear stretch ahead of us all the way to PCH. We pass a Thrifty on the right and suddenly I hear him engage the proper gear yet again, and with no three-honk or any sort of official go, he's off. I jump on the throttle and 55 held strong. He got maybe a 1/4 car lead on me from his jump, and the SL refused to give anymore ground; and as the speedometer flicked past 120 I loomed ever close in his rear-view mirror. When we shut off 140 we were door to door.

I think I can say for certain had the top been up and I had been alone, this would have been an easy kill for the 55. All in all, it was just a fun time, the driver, despite his first remark, wasn't that much of a ***** in actuality he was pretty cool. Good times
Great read bro! When did you get the 55?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Yes sir!

And Exodus...you're 100% right. If any of us just wanted speed we would have bought Evos/STIs or Mustangs and had 9 second street cars with money to spare...but no woman (at least high quality woman) would be caught dead in one.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro

Actually I think he would've taken you as you would slam into a limiter and he'd keep on going almost to 200 haha.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:42 AM

Charger SRT-8
+1. Nice write-up but either the SL55 has a pulley swap or the 575 needed a serious driver mod. A kill is a kill, but if the SL55 is stock, you beat the driver, period.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 04-30-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
+1. Nice write-up but either the SL55 has a pulley swap or the 575 needed a serious driver mod. A kill is a kill, but if the SL55 is stock, you beat the driver, period.
Is the 575 really that fast? I think it's a beautiful car but I was always under the impression that, compared to todays performance cars, it's not fast. Any 1/4 mile times or even power/weight ratios? I'm interested. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Is the 575 really that fast? I think it's a beautiful car but I was always under the impression that, compared to todays performance cars, it's not fast. Any 1/4 mile times or even power/weight ratios? I'm interested. Thanks.
Dragtimes only has one 1/4 mile for the 575: 12.61. (http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari--575M-Drag-Racing.html)

Stock SL55s have run 12.4 (claimed on MBWorld but not posted) to 13.0. (http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html)
Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 AM

none
Originally Posted by Thericker
Great read bro! When did you get the 55?
Not too long ago, don't worry though STILL got the 600 as well

AMG is A M A Z I N G! Oooooo the brute force The 600 has been on the sidelines since, I know I know... I owed you a incar video of the 600 but I've been to busy with the 55 since I got it Too much freakkin' fun!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 AM

none
Not just in some cases, if you and the 575M lined up and launched at the exact same time you WOULD kill him, unless your suffering from heat soak or some crap
Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 AM

none
Yes sir!

And Exodus...you're 100% right. If any of us just wanted speed we would have bought Evos/STIs or Mustangs and had 9 second street cars with money to spare...but no woman (at least high quality woman) would be caught dead in one.
Very well said
Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 AM

none
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Actually I think he would've taken you as you would slam into a limiter and he'd keep on going almost to 200 haha.
My limiter won't kick it until 165 or so
Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 PM

none
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Resonator delete + K&Ns is all the 55 has done. It pulls really hard bro. REALLY hard.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
that means SL55 with VRP mods can take 575 easily...
Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Word. F430 is faster, 599 is in a different league. They trap 132mph
Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Yeah, a lot has changed since, say, 1999. Beatiful car, just not built as a dragracer
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Talking

Not just in some cases, if you and the 575M lined up and launched at the exact same time you WOULD kill him, unless your suffering from heat soak or some crap
I had some **** to do today, but now I'm going F-car hunting. I'll be back in a few with another kill story!!!!

I think losing to a car worth half as much as yours that is still a luxury car would be the equivilant of finding out that Darth Vader is your father.

Edit: I just remembered that my car is in the shop (but its ok, cause I'm getting an SL55 puley installed) then it'll be the equivilant of quail hunting.

Last edited by W211 BEAST; 04-30-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:30 PM

none
Originally Posted by MJ50
that means SL55 with VRP mods can take 575 easily...
That would absolutely mop the floor with a 575.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:36 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
Nice kill now contact VRP you wont have any trouble with him and next time you can make a smart as remark lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 575M Ferrari vs SL55 AMG