Sponsored by:

Hi! Car sent to factory for “rework”?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M135i
Hi! Car sent to factory for “rework”?

New member from Perth, Western Australia here. Hi!

I ordered my new A45S AMG in October 2021 and it still has not arrived. I’ve joined to gather some info on mods and tuning prior to getting my car. I’ve already purchased a few tasteful decals from a vendor off Instagram.

I was wondering if any members had been told their car was built but then got sent back to the factory for “rework” and “retrofit” of components. What does that mean? My dealer cannot provide any more info and there is no longer a shipping date nor delivery date for the car, despite having been built in April 2022 and already having a VIN

Any info would be helpful. Thanks all.

Last edited by kilobravo; 08-17-2022 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Incomplete
Old 08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,884 Likes on 2,599 Posts
2019 C63CS
Welcome to the community. It's likely due to the ongoing shortages. Your car was likely built with missing components, but the components became available for retrofit. MB and other car manufacturers have been dropping options and features on cars due to the ongoing shortages to still be able to build them. Many people have received their cars with missing options. Some were later offered for retrofit, for example several cars came without the HERMES communication module, which is required for the Mercedes me services. It's recently become available for retrofit and dealers are installing it under a recall in the cars that are missing it. Can't really tell you much more without more specific information from the factory on what is being reworked or refitted, but hopefully you'll eventually receive your car with all the options you had ordered.
The following users liked this post:
kilobravo (08-23-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 754 Likes on 735 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W176 AMG forum...
The following users liked this post:
kilobravo (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M135i
Thanks for the replies guys. I’m hoping I’ll get some indication of the progress so. It’s nearly been a year since ordering….

also, isn’t mine a W177?