AMG GT: GT, GTS, GTC, GTR, GT-4 door (C192 / R192) 2024 - present: The GT/GT S is the second generation GT sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG.

Anyone else going from 911 to ‘24 GT coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 09:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
435gc
Anyone else going from 911 to ‘24 GT coupe?

I’ve got an allocation for a GT55…looking forward to giving Mercedes a try! Always loved the GT series but needed those backseats. Can’t wait to get back in a V8!
Old 03-31-2024, 12:32 PM

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
2023 AMG GT 63 S, 2020 F8 Tributo
Originally Posted by clemsondds
I’ve got an allocation for a GT55…looking forward to giving Mercedes a try! Always loved the GT series but needed those backseats. Can’t wait to get back in a V8!
Thinking about both as my daily driver. 911 will hold its value better, but the AMG has the V8, sounds better and has more luggage space. Waiting for my dealership to get their first deliveries in April so I can drive one first, and make up my mind if I want to pursue either. Waiting on a allocation for a 992 Turbo S, if that doesn’t come through the AMG will also be more available.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:03 PM

435gc
Originally Posted by Dicecal
Thinking about both as my daily driver. 911 will hold its value better, but the AMG has the V8, sounds better and has more luggage space. Waiting for my dealership to get their first deliveries in April so I can drive one first, and make up my mind if I want to pursue either. Waiting on a allocation for a 992 Turbo S, if that doesn’t come through the AMG will also be more available.
That would be nice! I don't have that much garage space...I use my F250 as my other daily driver. Yes, depreciation is one of my biggest concerns. While the money isn't that big of a deal, it just drives me crazy knowing I'm losing money. That hasn't happened in awhile since I've had 911s and they seem to only appreciate in value. But I'm hoping the fun/joy of the V8 will be a nice counter to the loss in value. Guess we will see....Was going to get a 63 but my dealer only had a 55 available. The more I look at it, I'm pretty happy with the 55. Same engine and drivetrain...I'm hoping down the road, a tune will bump it up to the level of the 63. But, as I found in 911s...there's only so much power you can actually use in a daily driver. So I'm sure the 55 will be plenty.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by clemsondds
That would be nice! I don't have that much garage space...I use my F250 as my other daily driver. Yes, depreciation is one of my biggest concerns. While the money isn't that big of a deal, it just drives me crazy knowing I'm losing money. That hasn't happened in awhile since I've had 911s and they seem to only appreciate in value. But I'm hoping the fun/joy of the V8 will be a nice counter to the loss in value. Guess we will see....Was going to get a 63 but my dealer only had a 55 available. The more I look at it, I'm pretty happy with the 55. Same engine and drivetrain...I'm hoping down the road, a tune will bump it up to the level of the 63. But, as I found in 911s...there's only so much power you can actually use in a daily driver. So I'm sure the 55 will be plenty.
Will drive a 55 later this month, the dealers inbound 63 is pre sold. My current daily is a GT 4 door but I’ve found I hardly ever need the back seat anymore, so looking for something more engaging to daily drive and am considering 992/AMG Coupe. We’ll see, good luck with yours and let us know what ya think. Post your spec and of course pics when you get it.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:13 PM

435gc
Originally Posted by Dicecal
Will drive a 55 later this month, the dealers inbound 63 is pre sold. My current daily is a GT 4 door but I’ve found I hardly ever need the back seat anymore, so looking for something more engaging to daily drive and am considering 992/AMG Coupe. We’ll see, good luck with yours and let us know what ya think. Post your spec and of course pics when you get it.
yes, I think there are quite a few in that same boat? Yes I’ll definitely post my thoughts!
Old 03-31-2024, 06:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 AMG GTR
I have a 991.1 GT3 and just got a 2018 GTR. Totally different but both exciting cars. I track my cars often so I cant wait to take the GTR out and test it.
The following users liked this post:
sjp3003 (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by GT3vsGTR
I have a 991.1 GT3 and just got a 2018 GTR. Totally different but both exciting cars. I track my cars often so I cant wait to take the GTR out and test it.
Drove pretty much all the AMG cars (no Black series) during the first 2 courses at the AMG experience Sonoma raceway, and was very impressed with the GT-R. Not a track rat or I would have pursued a GT-R or GT-R Pro