Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Hello from Australia

Hello all

First post here, so I hope it's in the appropriate section of this forum.

I am in the market for a new C Class Coupe (specifically C250 CDI)which will hopefully happen by the end of this year for a 2012 build and delivery.

I've researched as much as possible items of interest, but have fallen short of finding out some specifics.

I'll ask here and hopefully people can answer, refer or point me in the right direction as I'm sure there'll be plenty of info and knowledge here

Firstly where are MB C Class variants made ? AFAIK all RHD vehicles are assembled in East London Sth. Africa, is this correct or is it only the sedans ??

Is there a build code table which one can refer to find out Country of origin ??

With regards to the current blue efficiency diesels, specifically the 2.1ltr 150kw / 500nm 250CDI does it require the additive 'add blue urea' ??

If so are the service costs alot higher than for a petrol variant ??

Those last couple of questions will I suppose relate to other Australian owners of the same vehicle.

I do have many more questions which I'll learn along the way, TIA for any help and I hope to be onboard in a much bigger way in the near future if all goes according to plan and end up with a nice new W204 C Class Coupe
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Smile

hi
try www.mercedesworld.com.au u may get some help there i am in brisbane.
regards
george
Old 10-11-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG, C36 AMG, SL500
Can't help you on your questions but good luck with the research and the hunt!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
Welcome to MB World.

All W204's delivered to Australia are German build, The US is getting the bulk of the SA built units.

The C250cdi is probably the best pick of the bunch, in Australian spec no additional additives required (ad-blue), just fill and drive!. I would suggest the use of the BP premium diesel that is available in QLD where possible, Dont bother with Caltex premium as it brings it to about the same level as everyone elses regular diesel.

Servicing costs are about the same as for petrol, nothing of note for servicing other than the requirement of a suitable high grade engine oil (so no cheapy oil or budget oil changes).

The biggest gains on the current model over a used C220 is the 7spd auto and the updated dash.

Can't go too wrong with this one, if you do much country driving at night then get the full xenon lights with itelligent light package (relitively cheap option), there arent many better headlights for night driving!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Thank you all for your warm welcomes and responses

aussie e55 thanks for the heads up and I've joined up on the above mentioned forum and am awaiting the email activation response from them which does not seem to have immediately come through as it normally does on every other forum I've ever joined up on.

From my brief lingering in the background, there dosn't seem to be much recent activity on that forum ??

Ausmbtech, much appreciate the write up and info

I will investigate further just for my own knowledge and info the specific differences between the additive and non additive diesels which I've found to be very interesting thus far.

BTW I'm located in Melbourne Vic.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
I thought you were is brissie for some reason. Standard diesel is fine, I just avoid caltex. If you look at the fuel colour compaired to everyone else's diesel you'd see why.

It's basicily just a additive system used when vehicle being operated in a region with stricter emmision standards than the general market (California mainly, it's usually 1 particular emmission rather than a across the board thing). The Aussie market only gets the particulate filter (so no smoke), it's zero maintainece and only requires the use of a compatible engine oil which is freely available. PM me and I'll send you some info on the adBlue system.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Ausmbtech
I thought you were is brissie for some reason. Standard diesel is fine, I just avoid caltex. If you look at the fuel colour compaired to everyone else's diesel you'd see why.

It's basicily just a additive system used when vehicle being operated in a region with stricter emmision standards than the general market (California mainly, it's usually 1 particular emmission rather than a across the board thing). The Aussie market only gets the particulate filter (so no smoke), it's zero maintainece and only requires the use of a compatible engine oil which is freely available. PM me and I'll send you some info on the adBlue system.
Thank you again for the response.

Not sure why Brissy, I do have alot of fellow forum members from another car club which do reside in Brissy

With regard to the diesel additive/s what I find interesting is the operation of those with adblue/urea and those with particulate filter.

AFAIK the additive engines operate at lower tempuratures and have full stainless exhaust systems because of it, whereas particulate filter diesels operate at higher temps to burn off the pollutants and don't require a stainless exhaust system.

I'll send you a PM and your most welcome to send further technical info on the subject, I'm no expert but want to learn more on the topic
Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 AM

2009 C 63
Smile

year the aussie site is kinda slow.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Various
Welcome to the forum! We now have an Australian dealer too