Vandal strikes again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 10:12 PM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Angry Vandal strikes again

G'day gents,

Sad news. My car was recently vandalised. Again.

The first instance was after 3 days of owning the car. Parked it at a mates place, and someone keyed the rear quarter panel on the drivers side. Left a nice 30cm scratch.

I went to Melbourne for a week, when I returned I took the missus for dinner. Noticed the next morning when I was washing the car that someone has stabbed my bonnet with a knife or screwdriver. Left a pretty deep dent and removed a fair whack of paint. All this after I got it ceramic coated 2 weeks ago.

Old 10-20-2019, 03:38 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe
G'Day Panzerbiscuit,

Sorry to hear about and see this mate.
I really can't get my head around this, and the attitude of others, toward another persons property ..........
I could call them some name but that won't achieve anything, so here is hoping Karma catches up with them!
I just had a thought, are there any survielence cameras, around the area you parked?

Regards
Homer
Old 10-20-2019, 08:35 AM

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
12 C200, 12 C180, 10 Fuso Warrior crew cab, 08 RTV ute, 05 Smart Fortwo cabrio, 09 Smart Fortwo
It sucks when you cant have something nice without having to put up with this sort of crap.

I had a similar experience with my first Merc, no where as bad though, car was about 4 hours old, we parked in Fremantle outside the esplanade, when we came back someone had poured a chocolate thick shake all over the boot roof and bonnet, the car had 58 ks on the clock, i was hoping this was something that was a 1 off, lucky for us it was.
The following users liked this post:
Homer Oz (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 09:30 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,396 Likes on 2,843 Posts
2012 CLS63
G'day Sir mate, what a crock of ****e!! People have no respect.....they see something nicer than what they have, or something they can't afford and do it harm........probably kids......will insurance fix these things? GL to you!

I recently had a guy pop a tire and key my passenger side 1/4panel and headlamp because I LOOKED at him funny in a car park.......I came out to find a flat......still have not gotten the keyed area fixed
Homer Oz (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 PM

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
Unfortunately, mates, these things are not limited to any single country. When my E400 was 3 months old, some pond-scum smashed in the plate glass window of my garage -- all over my car. Had to refinish and repaint nearly the entire car, replace trim and even replace scratched window glass and mirrors. That truly and totally sucked, but of course insurance would not call it a total loss, and if I tried to sell/trade at 3 months, the economics would have been a world class disaster.

The only good thing about all this is that my repaint, done by my shop of choice (have worked with them for 15 years or so, on 5-6 cars), has far less orange peel than almost any stock paint job I've seen, and I have "just a bit" of extra clear coat on mine to make the shine deeper.
Homer Oz (10-20-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 05:22 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Homer Oz
G'Day Panzerbiscuit,

Sorry to hear about and see this mate.
I really can't get my head around this, and the attitude of others, toward another persons property ..........
I could call them some name but that won't achieve anything, so here is hoping Karma catches up with them!
I just had a thought, are there any survielence cameras, around the area you parked?

Regards
Homer
Howdy Homer,

I called the shopping centre and asked. They unfortunately only have security camera footage covering the exits and entrances. My car wasn't in frame.
The wonderful lady I spoke to also informed me that even if it was captured on film, the footage would be to grainy to identify anyone.
Homer Oz (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 05:23 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hyperion667
G'day Sir mate, what a crock of ****e!! People have no respect.....they see something nicer than what they have, or something they can't afford and do it harm........probably kids......will insurance fix these things? GL to you!

I recently had a guy pop a tire and key my passenger side 1/4panel and headlamp because I LOOKED at him funny in a car park.......I came out to find a flat......still have not gotten the keyed area fixed
Sucks to hear mate,

My insurance excess will cost more than than it will to fix it. And my premiums will go up exponentially. So, no point getting insurance to fix it.
Homer Oz (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 05:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe
BUGGER!
Homer.