Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetech
E815

I just got a Motorola E815, not the MB version and with the latest software. I know it will work with the bluetooth puck, but anyone know if it will work with the cradle?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Originally Posted by bonesb
To preface, I took delivery of my new '07 GL a few weeks ago and followed that purchase with a purchase of a BT adapter, and I received a BT Cradle Adapter P/N B 6 7 87 5839. Following my read on the www.emercedesbenz.com web site, I was disappointed that my only personal Cingular V3xx worked as I'd hoped and that my business Nokia E62 was available for HF use only. And, then I read and made a few phone calls.....

Cutting through the melodrama, my dealer's parts manager related that MBUSA is offering a new BT adapter for the US market, and I'll be exchanging my existing unit for the new version in about a week! He also related that he couldn't order the older version of the adapter and that it is also on BO.

The P/N for the new adapter is 6 7 87 5878, and I was told that the part is currently on backorder, tho' it's likely due to many of the dealers will be receiving the new part as standard issue. Also, the newer device should support the newer SAP Profile and the older Motorola (HF Profile) protocols. I have a copy of my order invoice with the new BT part number right in front of me!

I'll post an update when I get the part.
Just got off the phone with AWS-they claim there is no new part? why can't everybody (AWS and MBUSA) just be up front about things...did anyone actually confirm to you that the new device supports those items. The only thing i got was the software version, which mine is (S/W 3406).
Old 04-16-2007, 08:19 PM

GL450 w/ Off-road pkg.
Post Ahem...

Originally Posted by carpersn
Just got off the phone with AWS-they claim there is no new part? why can't everybody (AWS and MBUSA) just be up front about things...did anyone actually confirm to you that the new device supports those items. The only thing i got was the software version, which mine is (S/W 3406).
To be fair, I didn't talk with AWS - I went to one of the two local dealers AFTER I'd done my research. I'm also an auto fanatic and speak their lingo. <RANT> From my own readings on this site's forums and forums elsewhere, I felt that dealing with AWS directly would lead to an utter and complete waste of my time. </RANT> I learned a long time ago that the good stuff is rarely out on the shelf, and, if someone hasn't made it, I fabricate it or get what I need from a speed shop!

As I wrote and/or alluded to in my earlier post, the device supposedly delivers and I have a receipt for my order directly from the dealer. I will provide feedback once the part arrives; the dealer also knows what a turd I can be if they're wrong , and, since my biz partner and I just spent about $200k on some sweet MB hardware in the past few weeks, they can't be wrong, now, can they?

My advice, wait for my near-future feedback. If you can't wait, I offered up the MB part number. My dealer is making a clean exchange, even though the list is 90 Washingtons more than I spent on the unit I have now. Also, my stock Cingy V3xx hooks up to the (older) unit in my GL - antenna, call logs, address book. I don't know for sure, however, I feel that the older unit utilizes Moto AT handshaking server commands to negotiate a connection and service set with the phone. So many other devices won't be so fully featured due to non-utilization of Moto AT server commands. I do know that, unless compatible BT stack SW is present in the phone and that a compatible stack, if present, if restricted by the relevant provider, the current/older MBUSA BT module will provide only the BT server services available within the cell device.

AWS sells product, and to people that know BT as BT. Wiki Bluetooth - there's more than two dozen BT profiles, and some have server and client sub-profiles. I used a Samsung SYNC, and knew that it wouldn't work except for HF, because the device, like so many, didn't use the Moto AT command structure and isn't multi-point capable (I also use a TomTom). The newer BT module, announced on the MB website, utilizes both the SAP (newer SIM Access) and HFP (HF 1.5) profiles. I picked out the SYNC and V3xx because, as newer HSPDA devices, they don't have the AMR-HR codec enabled for voice communication. The new RAZR works great, but it's a bling phone - I want full MB capability and non-garbled voice communication. I'm also wanting multi-point capability in the BT module, and I know that the newer BT module will offer it; I'm waiting for the Nokia N75 to come out so I can use my TomTom GO 910 for traffic as I drive - the RAZR is not capable of multi-point BT paring.

I could go on, as I will probably convey more than AWS will about the module - I like sharing, and I've learned lots from reading dozens of posts here. I won't be selling something - I'll share my experience and send people to their dealer (and maybe to AWS after their backstock sells...).

Take care!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 PM

2000/2004 SLK's, 2004 SL 500, 2009 SL 63 & Porsche 944 Turbo
Where to store telephone

2004 SL500
Just purchased the Razr V3m from Verizon & 2 yr package cost $50 after a $50 rebate.

Was able to sync with the adapter but want to keep the phone in the car as an installed part? How can this be done and have the phone powered by the car and not have to remove the phone every day?

Is the small cable hole in the gove box useful for something?

Brent, Belmont, CA
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by brent951
2004 SL500
Just purchased the Razr V3m from Verizon & 2 yr package cost $50 after a $50 rebate.

Was able to sync with the adapter but want to keep the phone in the car as an installed part? How can this be done and have the phone powered by the car and not have to remove the phone every day?

Is the small cable hole in the gove box useful for something?

Brent, Belmont, CA
Take a look at the RAZR V3 cradle from SmoothTalker, http://www.smoothtalker.com/products...adles_v710.php - scroll down the page for the V3 options. The cradle also allows connection of the phone to your car's external antenna for better connectivity.

I'm not terribly familiar with the finer details of your car, but a hole in the glove box (if it looks like an audio plug) is often an AUX input to the COMAND or radio.

Last edited by Skylaw; 04-18-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 AM

CLS550
CLS 550 w/ Treo 650

Has anyone setup Treo 650 Bluetooth with an '07 CLS550 (sprint or other). What's been your feature experience.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:33 AM

Verizon Treo 650 and bluetooth puck

Does anyone have experience with Verizon Treo 650 and the V60 puck?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 PM

2003 SL500
Originally Posted by bonesb
My advice, wait for my near-future feedback. If you can't wait, I offered up the MB part number.
I could go on, as I will probably convey more than AWS will about the module - I like sharing, and I've learned lots from reading dozens of posts here. I won't be selling something - I'll share my experience and send people to their dealer (and maybe to AWS after their backstock sells...).

Take care!
Thank you very much for this information! I look forward very much to your update. I have gone through several iterations on my MB phone system, first getting Scorchie to install a euro-UHI system with cradle for S-E T637, then replacing that with the current MB BT puck, which gives me the HF profile (barely) with my Nokia E-70. So getting an updated BT puck with more BT profiles supported (especially the SAP) would be great.

It really bugs me how M-B has dragged this out continually trying to get lock-ins and side deals with manufacturers vendors to milk some more bucks rather than just using the available technology to help their customers.

Thanks for helping cut through this, do let us know how the new system works, especially with your E-62, since I think the E-70 should be comparable.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Just bought a Motorola A1200 (Ming) and it syncs with the bluetooth puck on a 2007 ML 350 but not all the time. When it does, their is an indication of "no signal" and the phone disconnects after a couple minutes. I think the A1200 is Linux based. Does anyone here have a A1200 that has been linked succesfully?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:37 PM

2002 C240
What can I use with my 2002 C240 and my Blackberry 8700?

I read most of the replies but could not confirm the compatibility of the Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) with my 2002 C240 and my Blackberry 8700.

I am in Canada by the way. Don't know if makes any difference. Do I need to check for any additional components im my car? On the menu on my panel it shows the Phone option but it says no Phone.

Thanks,

Francisco
Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM

'04 SL 500
Question

Originally Posted by MagicO309D
The MB part number is B67875856 for the V60 Bluetooth Cradle Adaptor. It's $325 Retail from MB and includes a $100 instant rebate for a compatible Motorola phone from AWS. If you have a V60 system already installed in your car, the installation consists of docking the puck in the cradle like you would the V60 phone. Then pair your new Bluetooth phone and you're done.
Does anyone know what features the V60 Bluetooth puck supports for a Motorola Razr V3 phone, or is there a list somewhere of what features are supported for specified phones? Thanks in advance all.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:39 PM

'04 SL 500
Question

Originally Posted by prsmith777
I spoke with AWS today about Motorola Cingular RazR compatibility.

They only officially support three soft ware versions:

OE.42.OER
OE.42.09R
OE.40.57R
Could you tell a newbie how to check a Razr's firmware version?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:55 AM

02 CLK CABRIOLET, 99 E320 WAGON, 91 350SD POS, 83 240D, 82 300D TURBO
After you find out tell this newbie also.......
Old 05-02-2007, 03:59 AM

02 CLK CABRIOLET, 99 E320 WAGON, 91 350SD POS, 83 240D, 82 300D TURBO
Does anyone know where I can get a great deal on a new or slightly used razr v3i that works on cingular att, I already have a contract that is month to month, and they want $200 for the UPMINE upgrade, even though as we all know they are dumping my signal......and I still have to renew a 2 year contract to get that great deal....

Thank You All !
Old 05-02-2007, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by Rambler358
Does anyone know what features the V60 Bluetooth puck supports for a Motorola Razr V3 phone, or is there a list somewhere of what features are supported for specified phones? Thanks in advance all.
There is a matrix of supported features for the types of phones that AWS sells (which includes many RAZR versions) on the AWS site, if you dig far enough. I don't believe it includes types of phones that AWS does not sell.

Originally Posted by Rambler358
Could you tell a newbie how to check a Razr's firmware version?
Menus may vary depending on service provider and specific RAZR V3 type - your phone instruction booklet tells you how to do this. However, on my Verizon RAZR V3c, it's "Settings and Tools">"System">"Device Info">"Other Information">"S/W Version."

Last edited by Skylaw; 05-02-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by KRELL
After you find out tell this newbie also.......
Okay, I found it. On my standard V3 Razr, it's: Menu, Settings, Phone Status, Other Information and then S/W Version.

Mine is R374_G_0E.41.C3R_B. I called AWS, and they said this version was approved for the V60 Bluetooth puck.

EDIT: Although I am curious if the V60 BT module works with the new Motorola Razr V3xx 3G phone. Anyone tried yet?

Last edited by Rambler358; 05-02-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:27 PM

2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Update: New module works with my Treo 680 perfectly...
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 PM

GL450 w/ Off-road pkg.
I took receipt of the updated MB BT Module a few days ago and have some feedback -as promised- and supplementary information and data relating to GSM cell phones.

Briefly, the revised device works well, I have discovered a few disappointments and surprises, and we in the NA market have an option to purchase one of two MB BT module types. And, I am a self-confessed phone horse, so-don't give me any crap about my collection! I live in the Portland, OR area and work in land development - communication in the field is a must. I carry both VZ and AT&T service; VZ service in this area generally stinks, and I have a non-BT phone with analog capability. GSM service in this area also generally stinks, but PDX is blessed with the newer WCDMA 3G service-all of the AT&T cell phones do not have the dreaded AMR-HR codec in them and voice quality is usually top-notch. In my search, I have several 850 MHz and a couple of AT&T 3G phones lying around and I currently SIM-swap between a Nokia E62 during work hours and a MOTORAZR V3xx during my off hours. I own six other devices that usually lie in a drawer, and I used them to set up a matrix of BT services and how they interacted with the older and newer MBUSA BT modules for a "Before and After" test; I also got a hold of my business partner's Treo 750V for about 15 minutes.

A synopsis of my experience: the BT module with the revised, newer firmware appears to duplicate and supplement the BT services provided by the older unit. From what I have observed in the newer unit, some newer device owners, such as Blackberry owners, should be thrilled. If you own a RAZR-variant, the new device has you covered as before. If your cell phone has the newer, HFP (1.5) AG "Profile", you should be in good shape. My only caveat is that your service provider may have mucked up access to BT services (Hello, Verizon users!) in a given device - I thought my E62 would hook right up, but it didn't, but I noted a favorable side effect just today in a marginal service area. No numbers were stored on the SIM. Most of the experimentation took place in a favorable service area (except for a surprise experience with my E62, see below). I've opted to list each of the GSM devices and the Before-and-After results, following from older-to-newer:

Siemens S66, Cingular:
Before/After: HF Calling; Address Book (Smart Chip); Antenna Access (2-3 bars, no more).
From my matrix, the S66 communicates with the module via its SIM-Access Server profile.
Comments: Contacts on the phone do not register with COMAND. No improvement in communication quality.

Nokia 6270, unlocked, no service SW (bought for travel in the UK):
Before/After: HF Calling; Address Book (Phone), Default Contact Number.
Comments: I was disappointed that one of my two UK travel phones (this is my favourite travel phone!) didn't realize a change (see the 6131). No improvement in communication quality; the call quality is pretty good anyway.

Nokia 6131, unlocked, no service SW (bought for travel in the UK):
Before: HF Calling; Address Book (Phone), Default Contact Number; Antenna Access (4-5 bars).
After: HF Calling; Address Book (Phone), Default Contact Number; Antenna Access (up to 5 bars); Calls Made and Calls Received (as on the cell phone's call log).
Comments: I had two big surprises with this device, which have tried twice to rid myself of on Craigslist (but returned twice). First, the call logs on the phone showed up on the COMAND unit. Second, and more importantly to me - the voice quality was incredible; my gripe with the 6131 is the "ticking" that got worked out over time and the crappy, garbled voice quality in the US on this phone. Clear calls, updated cell phone logs, great reception-too bad the phone sucks away from the GL. NOTE: the Cingular 6131 or T-Mobile 6133 devices may not get you the same results due to provider firmware revisions.

Nokia E62, Cingular:
Before/After: HF Calling; No other COMAND services.
Comments: Outside of a small city named Sandy, Oregon, in a hilly, forested area, the E62 showed 0-1 bars of service over most of the project site. I wanted to demonstrate to my biz partner the advantages of the new module via my RAZR. I opened the door (Keyless GO) and sat down for a minute to review plans. When he arrived at the GL, I looked down at the E62 and noted that it showed 6 bars of signal strength! I stepped about 15 feet away from the GL and signal strength dropped to 0 bars; back to the GL and 5-6 bars showed up right away. A quick call to a friend was loud and clear - a rare event at that site. I wish that the E62 interfaced better - since it's capable of multipoint BT connections, I can get to "talk" to the COMAND and my TomTom GO 910 via BT; I use the TomTom with a Plus Traffic Subscription. I got this device cheap at a closing CompUSA.

Samsung A707/SYNC, Cingular:
Before/After: HF Calling; No other COMAND services.
Comments: My backup 3G phone. AMR-Full Rate voice quality in non-3G areas.

Treo 750V, Cingular:
After: None.
Comments: I wanted to compare this unit to the comments about a Treo 680 by another forum member I was able to pair the module to the 750V, however, the pairing ceased to maintain itself after about 30 seconds; four reboots yielded terminated sessions. I like Windows Mobile PDAs, however, MS tends to have their own BT stack issues; I also am not sure if the provider restricted access to the Treo's BT underpinnings. A disappointment.

Motorola MOTORAZR V3xx, AT&T:
Before: HF Calling; Address Book (Phone), Default Contact Number; Antenna Access (up to 5 bars); Calls Made and Calls Received (per session in the GL).
After: HF Calling; Address Book (Phone), Default Contact Number; Antenna Access (up to 5 bars); Calls Made and Calls Received (as on the cell phone's call log).
Comments: The only difference I noted is that, with the newer module, the RAZR's call log showed on on the COMAND, as with the 6131.

The 6131 surprised me - I was disappointed with this device in the States. Both the 6131 and the V3xx have the newer Version of the Hands Free Profile - 1.5, which also is embedded in BBerry FW, according to the Bluetooth.org qualification site.

Now, yet another surprise. I talked with a German Benz fanatic friend and it turns out the Europeans (for now) have access to another new BT module. This second module uses Nokia's SAP-Server Profile. Its part number is B6 787 6125, and most of the qualified cell phones are Nokia S60 devices and Nokia derivatives (Vertu) and are available only in Europe or through importers.

I hope my dissertation helps someone out.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 PM

2007 GL450
Originally Posted by carpersn
Update: New module works with my Treo 680 perfectly...
Please expound on this some more.

Does it download the phonebook, too?

I have the first version MHI Bluetooth puck (in a 2007 GL450) and use a Motorola GSM unlocked Razr which work perfectly together. I would like to switch to (buy) a Treo 680, but the phonebook is reported to be unavailable using the original MHI BT puck.

What all can you tell me?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:19 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You may need to add another parameter to your matrix: What about the year of car and old phone installed (e.g., I have a '00 w/ Startac). Isn't that relevant to this chart?
Yes - there's the new V60 Bluetooth puck that works in the older V60 cradle (like in my '04 SL500), and the new Bluetooth puck for MY 2005/2006+ cars.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by W8MM
Please expound on this some more.

Does it download the phonebook, too?

I have the first version MHI Bluetooth puck (in a 2007 GL450) and use a Motorola GSM unlocked Razr which work perfectly together. I would like to switch to (buy) a Treo 680, but the phonebook is reported to be unavailable using the original MHI BT puck.

What all can you tell me?
After almost a week, I can tell you a bit more...my original claim of perfect ALMOST applies. THe phonebook is NOT downloaded, but I have filled the favorites list, which is downloaded as the phonebook-i believe this is where the module gets confused. you can also choose from the list of dialed or received calls.

Reception/sound quality great!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:58 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by brent951
2004 SL500

Hi Brent - I'm in a similar situation as you. I just purchased a '04 SL500, and it already had the voice control/command installed, as well as the nav and a cradle and wiring for a Motorola V60 phone. I have a Razr V3 from Cingular, and it looks like I'll need the V60 BT cradle adapter (puck). I don't think it's possible to retrofit the new Razr cradle (used in 2005+ vehicles) to the older V60 wiring/cradle, and that I'll just have to use it in Bluetooth mode with the V60 puck.

Regards,
Ron
Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 PM

SLK320 CLS550
SAP Bluetooth Profile

for a phone to work correctly it appears the phone must support the Bluetooth profile - SAP (Sim Access Profile). Are other profiles also required like OBEX?

Bluetooth is documented at www.bluetooth.com

I'm looking at using a Motorola RIZR Z3, any others use this?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 AM

Ok I have read all 5 pages and visited the mb website. I have a a few questions.

1. The Q will work with an 07 cls 63
2. Where can I get the bluetooth for my phone are there any other options or its from the dealer only? They are asking 407 for it.

Thanks
Sinbad
Old 05-14-2007, 11:21 PM

2004 S500, 1999 C230
I have a 2004 S500 that came with the V60 cradle, but no actual phone. I bought the V60 bluetooth puck to pair with my Motorola V551 (Cingular), but am having problems.

It paired okay, but only connects sometimes, other times it stays on the "activating phone" screen for several minutes then switches to "phone off" even though the phone shows an active bluetooth connection and the puck has the solid blue light. Other times, it will work fine for a while, but after driving for a few minutes, just randomly switch to "phone not connected."

Anyone else had problems like this?

Any advice where I should start troubleshooting? I'm not sure if it's my phone, the puck, or the cradle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List