Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic appearance pkg
Got the Motorola RAZR V3xx to work with V60 puck

Hello all, The V3xx does work!!! Here's the latest.

I have a 2004 E series with Command and Phone. Originally had V60 but replaced with V60 puck. Have Motorola V3xx with Cingular service.

HERE's the latest WORKING version of V3xx and V60 puck in E-series. (My prior senario of transferring records one by one did work but the phone did not afterwards, so here is what I do now.)

After noting that V3xx worked with the keypad, OK button, End button worked; I started thinking that the default Bluetooth settings might be incorrect. (Voice commands always worked). So, I went into the V3xx (Cingular) bluetooth menu and played around.

TO TRANSFER PHONE BOOK & then USE PHONE:
UseBluetooth/DeviceHistory/MBPhoneSystem/AccessSettings (Make sure it is on custom):
Handsfree Voice Gateway: Automatic
OBEX Object Push: Automatic
OBEX File Transfer: Automatic
Dialup Networking Gateway Automatic

The, link the bluetooth phone to the car. I have now found out that the phone system does synchronize without any problems. When the Mercedes is doing a synchronization of the phonebooks this will take a lot of time. Note,the phone numbers are stored in the puck. I was able to transfer 192 numbers. It even tranferred the email addresses to the puck. Don't know why or how to prevent this yet. Don't know the limit of records yet. If I tried to use the phone to initiate a call or receive a call at this stage, it did not work. So to get the phone to work, I did the following:

After the synchronization is complete, I had to go back into the Bluetooth settings and change it to the following:
UseBluetooth/DeviceHistory/MBPhoneSystem/AccessSettings (Make sure it is on custom):
Handsfree Voice Gateway: Automatic
OBEX Object Push: Automatic
OBEX File Transfer: Ask first
Dialup Networking Gateway Automatic

I was actually able to delete records. The delete on the Mercedes screen doesn't work. However, if I deleted the record on the phone, then did another sync (by pressing the puck's button for just 1/2 second and releasing-see your manual) and then wait, it will delete it off the Mercedes system. Remember I had to change the blue tooth settings again to File Automatic for phonebook to work. Then change back to Ask first for the phone to work.

I'll test this some more and hopefully not have to change my protocol more.

I am not liable for your actions nor do I support using the information nor will I respond and give further information. The above information is just what worked with my system.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
Originally Posted by Vik888
Question -- I'm about to order an 07 ML350 and the P3 package comes with "Hands-Free Communication System MHI Cradle" which is just the cradle, not the bluetooth module.

With that said, assuming I don't get the bluetooth interface, but instead get a compatible phone to plug into the cradle can I:

1) Still use an ear piece for privacy if I have others in the car, or will my phone be automatically broadcast over the speakerphone in the car unless I take it out of the cradle?

2) If I don't get the bluetooth interface, but my phone has bluetooth, can I still use my ear piece and mute the speakerphone, again for privacy?

3) I'm assuming it displays who is calling on the car's NAV screen or dash, whcih means now everyone with direct sight of either can tell who is calling?

4) Any point getting the bluetooth interface if I'm planning on buying a phone that fits the cradle anyway? Seems like a waste of $320.
The error you have made is assuming that the "cradle" in the car allows anything but what Mercedes will sell you to plug into it.

You either buy the appropriate phone cradle(different to the cradle your car comes with) or the bluetooth interface or you don't get to use your phone with the car.

The problem is you assume too much based on the term "cradle"
Old 02-26-2007, 03:59 PM

700p

I just bought a CLS63 AMG (wicked fast) and paired a treo 700p to it.
I was surprised that all functions worked, ie it loaded:
favorites
dialed
recieved

I was able to dial via the interface and answer with the wheel
you can scroll through the nav console or the instrument panel.
So far the phone seems to unpair at times, but that might be due to my powerdown setting, or the fact that I have the phone password protected on startup.
I talked to AWS but they said the TREO isnt approved so they know nothing.
They did tell me that the BT puck is designed by Motorola, so probably works better with their phones ie RAZR or Q. Even so, the Q per them only dowloads the phonebook (I presume 500 contacts) and did not show dialed, missed, received.
He said none do 3 way, but I'll give that a try from the phone, and see if the BT connection keeps up.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Treo 680 Suggestions?

I have been syncing my Treo 650 for months to my V60 cradle in wife's car...no issues. Then I got the 680, again, no issues in her car. Then my dad, who also has the 680 has begun syncing his without issues to his 07 ML320 with BT puck. I have also synced my 680 to his BT puck.

Well, i picked up my GL320 w/ BT puck on Friday, and my 680 is hanging every time i try to pair...seems to want to pair as heatset instead of car kit. Any suggestions?

I'd even be willing to go to a Blackberry 8800 if i knew it would work...but to have my 680 pair in my dad's car with the same BT and not pair in mine is pi$$ing me off...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 PM

1997 E320 Sedan
Originally Posted by carpersn
I have been syncing my Treo 650 for months to my V60 cradle in wife's car...no issues. Then I got the 680, again, no issues in her car. Then my dad, who also has the 680 has begun syncing his without issues to his 07 ML320 with BT puck. I have also synced my 680 to his BT puck.

Well, i picked up my GL320 w/ BT puck on Friday, and my 680 is hanging every time i try to pair...seems to want to pair as heatset instead of car kit. Any suggestions?

I'd even be willing to go to a Blackberry 8800 if i knew it would work...but to have my 680 pair in my dad's car with the same BT and not pair in mine is pi$$ing me off...
Did you delete the previous saved devices and start fresh with a new sync? Just a thought.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:06 PM

2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Bb Pearl/8800 Pair???

Everything deleted...tried syncing dozens of times...same result. get in the ML320CDI, it syncs. I'm going to look at a blackberry, i guess.

Anybody have good pairing results with a Pearl or 8800?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM

1997 E320 Sedan
I think you have a bad BT puck. See if they will swap it out at the parts counter. Don't buy a new phone just for that unless you just really want too. I have the 650 also and it works perfect other than the usual restrictions.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:04 PM

MB 03 E320 and 99 BMW M3
2003 E320 with Tmobile MDA

I've been reading these forums since I got my E320 a couple of years ago, but this is my first post.

I bought a V60 BT puck from ebay and a new cradle kit from the dealer. I got these installed yesterday with all the help I found in these forums. I am able to successfully make and receive calls using the phone and the speakers and mic in the car work perfectly with this configuration; it even got my phone book downloaded.

I am not able to use the steering wheel and COMMAND keypad to make or answer calls yet; I am hoping that I can have some of these issues resolved after I take it to the dealer to be "reprogrammed". The COMMAND now shows "Phone not Installed" and it is my understanding that the "reprogramming" procedure will make the car recognize the new hardware.

I also tried it with a Motorola L6 and had the same results. I eventually want to get a Cingular Blackjack/i607 or a Cingular 8525, which ever works with my car. I'll post an update once I get the car reprogrammed and/or test it with the Cingular phones.

Thank you guys for all the information posted here!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 PM

MB 03 E320 and 99 BMW M3
2003 E320 and Cingular 8525

Originally Posted by BenzOwner
I have exactly this combo and it does work to an extent. You can send/end calls using either the Comand head or the steering wheel and it will display the caller ID (number, not name). It will not download the address book, display SMS, allow call waiting or three way calling.

On the plus side, the audio quality is excellent, both receiving and transmitting.

Glenn
BenzOwner,

I got a Tmobile MDA now, but will moving to the 8525. I am glad to hear that it worked for you. Right now, with my MDA I can make and answer calls with my phone and use the car's mic and speakers and it even downloaded my phone book. However, my steering wheel or COMMAND keypad don't work to make or answer calls. I didn't get it reprogrammed yet, did you take it to the dealer to be reprogrammed or did it work just but installing the cradle and plug in the V60 BT puck?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:56 AM

Please advise me

Hello all,

Im trying to upgrade my wife's 2000 e320 with factory startac phone kit. I spent quite some time researching on what is necessary to enable bluetooth on her car. Can you please confirm my understanding is correct? I need the following parts:
1. v60 cradle
2. PSE with blue barcode (since pre 2002 are different from v60 PSE)
3. Bluetooth puck from dealer or AWS

Has anyone gone through with this conversion for this particular model(2000 startac? Is the install simple enough to DIY and does it require any dealer programming?

Thanks is advance for any help.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by nsx78
Hello all,

Im trying to upgrade my wife's 2000 e320 with factory startac phone kit. I spent quite some time researching on what is necessary to enable bluetooth on her car. Can you please confirm my understanding is correct? I need the following parts:
1. v60 cradle
2. PSE with blue barcode (since pre 2002 are different from v60 PSE)
3. Bluetooth puck from dealer or AWS

Has anyone gone through with this conversion for this particular model(2000 startac? Is the install simple enough to DIY and does it require any dealer programming?

Thanks is advance for any help.
I made your exact up-conversion myself in approximately 20 minutes with all e-bay used parts...her RAZR works perfectly in her 00 e320 wagon, while my Treo 680 won't do anything but jam my 07 GL. Go figure...good luck, you will love it.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks carpersn, for your reply. It seems like im on the right track. Please check your pm, I sent you some specific questions. Would appreciate it if you can take a look when you have time. Thanks again.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
nsx78, you're on the right track. You might take a look at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...-free-sys.html for PSE part numbers. Because you already have an MB phone kit installed, no version coding should be required to be done by the dealer.

carpersn, I posted a discussion concerning BT compatibility and connectivity issues at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/show...26#post2222126. It might help to explain why the Treo doesn't work and the RAZR does.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM

SLK 55 AMG
I have a Nokia N73 and have no trouble pairing with car, works well except for it will not download contact info. Have posted in a couple of forums as well as Howard's, where I'm a member as well.

I really like this phone and am sure there is a way to do it but as of yet no luck.

I even borrowed a razr V3 (original one) and put my sim card in it and all worked well, contacts went in no problem.

I'm thinking about getting a V3xx as a second phone, just for the car, don't really want to, if there are issues with it as well, may just forget that as well.

My problem is I'm a phone junkie, and am getting a N95 in a little while when it comes out, so this may be an ongoing problem.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jsmith1
I have a Nokia N73 and have no trouble pairing with car, works well except for it will not download contact info. Have posted in a couple of forums as well as Howard's, where I'm a member as well.

I really like this phone and am sure there is a way to do it but as of yet no luck.

I even borrowed a razr V3 (original one) and put my sim card in it and all worked well, contacts went in no problem.

I'm thinking about getting a V3xx as a second phone, just for the car, don't really want to, if there are issues with it as well, may just forget that as well.

My problem is I'm a phone junkie, and am getting a N95 in a little while when it comes out, so this may be an ongoing problem.
Just be sure the firmware is compatible on yiour RAZR. Some service providers put out firmware "upgrades" that cause problems, and won't re-load the older firmware (Verizon has done that recently). AWS can confirm which phones and firmware versions will work.

I found the 2-phone, 2-line solution very satisfactory. Only gave out the car phone's number, used no-answer call forwarding from a plug-in phone - and carried the "must-have" phone of the moment with me. Always got my calls, didn't have to be bothered by the bulk of the plug-in phone in my pocket, and always had a fully integrated phone in my car for when I was there.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:41 PM

2002 S500
I have 2002 S500 with the V60 AWS BT puck. I had a Razr and with my job I needed a phone like the cingular 8525. I called AWS to check to see if it would work and nobody could tell me for certain if it would, so I just bought the 8525 anyways. It work just the same as the razr does. All steering wheel controls work, it downloads the phonebook, and the keypad dials from the dashboard. My benz has voice control on it and that also works.

I have noticed that when the phone goes into the sleep mode it will disconnect from the bluetooth sometimes. I am not sure this happens all of the time since I have only had the phone for a couple of days now. I am still playing with it. I have noticed that when I keep the phone plugged into the car charger I have no problems with connectivity at all. The phone is a power hog anyways and I have found that I need to charge it in the car somtimes anyways.

If you need this phone for business I would get it because it does work great with the AWS v60 puck.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 AM

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Skylaw
Just be sure the firmware is compatible on yiour RAZR. Some service providers put out firmware "upgrades" that cause problems, and won't re-load the older firmware (Verizon has done that recently). AWS can confirm which phones and firmware versions will work.

I found the 2-phone, 2-line solution very satisfactory. Only gave out the car phone's number, used no-answer call forwarding from a plug-in phone - and carried the "must-have" phone of the moment with me. Always got my calls, didn't have to be bothered by the bulk of the plug-in phone in my pocket, and always had a fully integrated phone in my car for when I was there.

To do a total pairing with the car, I ended up getting a second phone, a Motorola V3xx to use with the car. It pairs and downloads the contacts no problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Nokia 6300 (European GSM phone) s.w version v04.70 24-01-07

Address book download OK
Call history download OK
3-way calling - didnt try
SMS - doesnt work (neither download, or send)
DTMF - didnt try
Signal Strenght indicator OK
Speed dial - didnt try
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 PM

SL55
Exclamation HELP BT V60 Adapter

If anyone can help I sure would apprieciate it.

I'm having this issue with my '03 SL55.

I have the V60 cradle in the car, but got it with no V60 phone.

I went to purchase the V60 Cradle Adapter puck at BMW, it works the same in the Mercedes according to this thread.

I went to Verizon, and switched my phone to a supported MB phone listed for use with this puck. A Motorola Razr v3m that is first on the list.

I plugged it into the cradle, and the light started flashing. Held the button on the v60 puck down for 3 sec, and got the fast blink. Put the phone in paring mode, and find, and it found the puck (BMW BTUM), I selected it entered the code on the back of the puck, and it successfully paired!

Now the Light on the puck is steady blue, and the phone shows it's connected to a Bluetooth device.

But I get no functionality with the car, and when you hit the phone button it says Error: "Phone Not Connected"

I've been trying to get this to work for hours, and hours with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Royd
Old 04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by RoydRage
If anyone can help I sure would apprieciate it.

I'm having this issue with my '03 SL55.

I have the V60 cradle in the car, but got it with no V60 phone.

I went to purchase the V60 Cradle Adapter puck at BMW, it works the same in the Mercedes according to this thread.

I went to Verizon, and switched my phone to a supported MB phone listed for use with this puck. A Motorola Razr v3m that is first on the list.

I plugged it into the cradle, and the light started flashing. Held the button on the v60 puck down for 3 sec, and got the fast blink. Put the phone in paring mode, and find, and it found the puck (BMW BTUM), I selected it entered the code on the back of the puck, and it successfully paired!

Now the Light on the puck is steady blue, and the phone shows it's connected to a Bluetooth device.

But I get no functionality with the car, and when you hit the phone button it says Error: "Phone Not Connected"

I've been trying to get this to work for hours, and hours with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Royd

No problem.

I had a similar problem after I retrofitted my car with the V60 cradle and bluetooth puck. Take your car to the dealer for version coding and see if that helps. Or actually, before you ask them to version code it, have them pop in a V60 phone that they have laying around. That will tell you if it needs to be coded or not. If the V60 phone works, then there is something else wrong. If the V60 phone does not work, have them version code.

Good luck
Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by prsmith777
I spoke with AWS today about Motorola Cingular RazR compatibility.

They only officially support three soft ware versions:

OE.42.OER
OE.42.09R
OE.40.57R

I have one with 57R so thats Ok but I got a second one last month with newer S/W and thats not on the list.

My understanding of this, is that MB developed the BT module with the latest S/W versions in mind a year or so ago and those are the versions you are looking at. Anything new from that point on would not be supported. So once again MB has offered a solution that is stuck on technology of the past and has no flexibility for the future.

I asked AWS if the BT module could accept updates to its software and they had no idea. Somehow I doubt it.

I will now try to search Howard Forums for flashing older SW versions on the phone if the newer one doesnt work. (BT Module is coming soon)
This is hitting the nail on the head... I had just got a Razr from Verizon, and it will pair with the V60 puck, but the car says no phone connected. AWS says it's because it has the newer software... And that I need the old.

Verizon says it can't go back to old software, only forward... Now I have a big investement into something that doesn't work... Can someone tell me how I can get the old supported S/W for the phone, and how to put it in?

Thanks,

Royd
Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
What's your cut? Is this spam??
Old 04-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E500
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
What's your cut? Is this spam??
My thought EXACTLY!!! It was his/her first post too...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:14 PM

GL450 w/ Off-road pkg.
Thumbs up New MBUSA Bluetooth Adapter Part Number

To preface, I took delivery of my new '07 GL a few weeks ago and followed that purchase with a purchase of a BT adapter, and I received a BT Cradle Adapter P/N B 6 7 87 5839. Following my read on the www.emercedesbenz.com web site, I was disappointed that my only personal Cingular V3xx worked as I'd hoped and that my business Nokia E62 was available for HF use only. And, then I read and made a few phone calls.....

Cutting through the melodrama, my dealer's parts manager related that MBUSA is offering a new BT adapter for the US market, and I'll be exchanging my existing unit for the new version in about a week! He also related that he couldn't order the older version of the adapter and that it is also on BO.

The P/N for the new adapter is 6 7 87 5878, and I was told that the part is currently on backorder, tho' it's likely due to many of the dealers will be receiving the new part as standard issue. Also, the newer device should support the newer SAP Profile and the older Motorola (HF Profile) protocols. I have a copy of my order invoice with the new BT part number right in front of me!

I'll post an update when I get the part.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bonesb
To preface, I took delivery of my new '07 GL a few weeks ago and followed that purchase with a purchase of a BT adapter, and I received a BT Cradle Adapter P/N B 6 7 87 5839. Following my read on the www.emercedesbenz.com web site, I was disappointed that my only personal Cingular V3xx worked as I'd hoped and that my business Nokia E62 was available for HF use only. And, then I read and made a few phone calls.....

Cutting through the melodrama, my dealer's parts manager related that MBUSA is offering a new BT adapter for the US market, and I'll be exchanging my existing unit for the new version in about a week! He also related that he couldn't order the older version of the adapter and that it is also on BO.

The P/N for the new adapter is 6 7 87 5878, and I was told that the part is currently on backorder, tho' it's likely due to many of the dealers will be receiving the new part as standard issue. Also, the newer device should support the newer SAP Profile and the older Motorola (HF Profile) protocols. I have a copy of my order invoice with the new BT part number right in front of me!

I'll post an update when I get the part.
Thank you, bonesb - we'll follow your experience with interest!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List