Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

V60 puck and Treo problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V60 puck and Treo problems

I was hoping for some advice. I recently received the V60 puck. It works perfectly (voice activation, phonebook download, etc) with my Razr even though it has a "non-approved" software version. However, with my Treo (used for work) it will connect when I come into the car (Razr is not in car so no competition for bluetooth) but then drop the connection in about 10 seconds. If I place a call with the Treo it recognizes the V6o puck automatically and connects to the Bluetooth. The call will then route the call through the car's speaker system. However, I cannot dial from the car's keypad in this way and must pick up the Treo to dial a call. Any ideas of why this might be happening or how to correct it. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SAdelman
I was hoping for some advice. I recently received the V60 puck. It works perfectly (voice activation, phonebook download, etc) with my Razr even though it has a "non-approved" software version. However, with my Treo (used for work) it will connect when I come into the car (Razr is not in car so no competition for bluetooth) but then drop the connection in about 10 seconds. If I place a call with the Treo it recognizes the V6o puck automatically and connects to the Bluetooth. The call will then route the call through the car's speaker system. However, I cannot dial from the car's keypad in this way and must pick up the Treo to dial a call. Any ideas of why this might be happening or how to correct it. Thanks in advance.
You didn't mention it, are using a Treo 650? The Bluetooth operation of this handset is not stabile with the V60 Puck or with the MHI Bluetooth adaptor. Only thing to try is Palm website to see if there are any 650 software updates for the phone that could improve Bluetooth operation. Otherwise, I've heard that some people are having better luck with the new Treo 700W.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:02 PM

Thanks

You are correct. I am using the 650. Thanks for the suggestion. I will see if there is an update
Old 05-23-2006, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
I just got my puck yesterday, and it works good with my 700. Really it's just an extended headset. No phone book download or anything like that. However, I can use the keypad to dial and do voicemail code. It does seem that sometimes if you initiate a call with the phone the keypad on the headunit doesn't work for that call. Kind of strange.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
My Cingular 650 works too well

in fact I made the mistake of setting up both my 650 and my wife's new Razr (it's her car), and now the two compete...it will switch while we are driving...now i have had to reset the treo to get rid of the pairing...however, i will say that before there was a competition issue (ie, it was just me and my treo in the car with the puck) it worked as well with my treo as it did with the Razr (i could dial from keypad or phone, etc) no dropped calls, etc.

Good luck, btw, what carrier are you using and what software version?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by carpersn
in fact I made the mistake of setting up both my 650 and my wife's new Razr (it's her car), and now the two compete...it will switch while we are driving...now i have had to reset the treo to get rid of the pairing...however, i will say that before there was a competition issue (ie, it was just me and my treo in the car with the puck) it worked as well with my treo as it did with the Razr (i could dial from keypad or phone, etc) no dropped calls, etc.

Good luck, btw, what carrier are you using and what software version?
The problem is most likely the 650, it's known to drop the BT connection. When it does, the system starts searching for the next paired device, in your case the RAZR. When you just have the 650 in the car, you probably don't notice when the link is dropped.

What happens when the RAZR is connected? Does the system ever switch over to the 650 by itself? It would be helpful to know for troubleshooting purposes.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:13 AM

More Info

I intially tried just the Treo and had the same problems. I then tried the Razr to see what happened and it worked perfectly. The problem occurs even when I do not have the Razr in the car at the same time as the Treo. I have a Verizon (do not know the software version) model that always has a strong signal when this happens. When I place a call on the Treo it works perfectly through the car's system. However I cannot intitate a call from the Command module. It seems that there is a one way BT connection. Very strange

Trending Topics

Old 05-24-2006, 09:14 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Yes, when the Razr is connected, it switches

to the TREO all by itself...VERY frustrating to my wife, since the car is hers and the Razr is hers and i paired the Treo for Sh$ts and giggles... I did reset the Treo to remove the pair though.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:45 PM

Is your RAZR a Verizon or Cingular version