Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Nokia 6310i now supported on EU cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Nokia 6310i now supported on EU cars

Hi

MB are now shipping Nokia 6310i with new cars with the "mobile phone" option.

For all of you with the 6210i MB car kit (or the 6150 version), you need to upgrade the controller (and in the case of the 6150 add an adapter to the handset cradle and a resistor on the aerial lead)

YOu need to have a reasonably new version of software on the phone itself

I just did this in my wife's ML. works a treat ...

Cheers

R
Old 08-24-2002, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Hey Richard,

Thanks for all the help with the COMAND retrofit, I'm finally done and I love it. I was driving around and I knew how to get to places already but I just had to plug the address in the COMAND so that I can see it in action. Without your help, it would have been very difficult. I think we should upgrade your status to Audio and Electronic's Senior Technician

I'll try to get some pictures (when a friend comes over with a digi cam) and contribute to your document.

By the way, that 1% margin you left with your belief that the speed sensor was on the CANBUS was to your advantage. When I first tried the COMAND, it was working strange so I went to that hidden menu in one of your posts and I saw that my speed was constantly 0 mph. So I decided to connect the green/purple wire and everything worked fine. I believe the problem lies with my car being one of the first models to have the steering wheel controls. My car doesn't display the speed on the information display (the square digital display) while all the newer models have this as standard.

Also, everything is working perfectly, steering wheel controls/CD changer etc. I don't think I even need to bring it in the dealer to be adjusted. The only problem is the little arrows from the COMAND, i.e. left arrow, straight arrow, etc., aren't displayed on the digital dash. Will this be resolved if I bring it in the dealer or the fact that I can't display the speed on my dash has something to do with this feature not being available?

The nokia phone you mentioned seems very interesting and I would be very willing to purchase that as my next project. Let us know when you have any more info....

Again Richard, thank you for all your help and the information you provided has been invaluable and I'm sure many others appreciate it the same.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi

The dealer needs to tell the cluster that there is navigation - then you get the navigation screen on the cluster display !

That speed display came in around MY2001, I had a MY2000 CLK55 (europe had clk55 before us) and it didnt have the digital speed display, but had all the nav info on the cluster.

I presume you connected the speed signal from A connector pin 1, to pin 15 on C2 - did you leave it connected to connector A aswell ?

Cheers
Richard
Old 09-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
Hi, Richard,
I was just wondering if you would be able to help with pin-out on ML500 '02 and location of Bose amp in the vehicle. The pic is of the back of my HU. Thanks
Old 09-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
This pic is probably better.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi
Thats the MCS and I have not too much idea :-)

On the right of the picture there are 3 "power plugs", A is the bottom, B the next and C the top.
B is speaker wiring - nothing there because you have BOSE.
A is the standard DIN power wiring, speed signals and diagnostic line.
C is the Mercedes special stuff (such as power for CD changer, D2B wakeup, reverse signal etc)

The orange cable is fibre optic, be careful with it - mustnt be bent sharply - be careful especially when putting the unit back in to make sure it doesnt get pinched. The black connector about 3 inches down it is a break out point to insert the phone system into the fibre optic loop.

If you have COMAND in there, (like we have in Europe), then an adapter is plugged into the C line that then plugs into the 2 small plugs (C1,C2) on COMAND. The aerial plug is also converted.

The BOSE amp on right-hand-drive vehicles is to the right behind the instrument cluster above the throttle pedal. Its either swopped over to the left on left-hand-drive (most probably), or possibly behind the glovebox - but the latter would be very hard to get to.

Remove the panel above the footwell (2 screws at the front, pull forward, then the diagnosic plug unclips from the holder by sliding the clip that is visible when the panel is hanging down).
The bose amp is quite high, probably under the noise damping felt.

On O1 vehicles, BOSE was analogue, so B plug had cables in it, and AMP was under one of the front seats Im told. Ive only ever looked on my wife's 02 ML500 (europe)

Cheers
R

Last edited by Richard; 09-04-2002 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:25 AM

2000 CLK 320
Originally posted by Richard
Hi

The dealer needs to tell the cluster that there is navigation - then you get the navigation screen on the cluster display !

That speed display came in around MY2001, I had a MY2000 CLK55 (europe had clk55 before us) and it didnt have the digital speed display, but had all the nav info on the cluster.

I presume you connected the speed signal from A connector pin 1, to pin 15 on C2 - did you leave it connected to connector A aswell ?

Cheers
Richard
hmmm....what I did was connect the green/purple wire from the kick panel to pin 6 of C2. I did not touch A or B at all. I was reading the schematics and I don't know what pin 15 on C2 is for (its in German). What is it for?
Old 09-04-2002, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by funky102
hmmm....what I did was connect the green/purple wire from the kick panel to pin 6 of C2. I did not touch A or B at all. I was reading the schematics and I don't know what pin 15 on C2 is for (its in German). What is it for?
Its the speed signal on most comand units. Newest comands units (and the very old ones) accept speed signal on A pin 1 aswell depending how the star diagnosis system configures the COMAND unit.